You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Well, right now I dont see Dortmund managing to do well in both the league and Champions League till January. I guess it wil either be Dortmund ending the group staged third or Dortmund losing many points in the Bundesliga.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:35 pm

What about Bender? Doesn't he have like a "full-body bruise" as well?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes but thats not something that cant be fixed in two weeks. He will be avaialable.

Its just such a shame we have to play so many matcher without Gundogan. When in form he is one of our three most important players - Reus, Gundogan and Hummels. Its a damn shame he has to be the one with back problems.

Im really worried about the coming matches. I cant see us winning so many tough games in a row. :|

It will be very, very difficult to stay in both competitions. I just hope we won't f!ck up both of them and end up with nothing really important to fight for later.
Last edited by Borusse on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby runaway » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:41 pm

The style of play contributes to why there are so many injuries in BVB, don't you think? It just takes a toll on the body.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:43 pm

We played that style for 3 years, we never had so many injuries, at least I dont remember that.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Borusse wrote:we never had so many injuries

I think that might be the reason the injuries have hit hard this time around.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Exactly, it's long-term deterioration with very little rotation.

Look at Bayern's squad and our injury list, and how we still have it pretty easy.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Maybe.

Well, the good info is that we played much better in the last week, that is against Freiburg, Marseille and Gladbach. If we keep improving maybe we will somehow pull it off. Its not like Sahin was our key player, he hasnt been performing well for us to be honest. The problem is we dont have anyone to replace him with, I wonder what Klopp will think of. Hofmann or Mkhbitaryan or "6"? Or Maybe Kirch? I cant see Kirch playing against Arsenal, that would be suicide I think. It will be definitely interesting to see what our line-up will look like.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Borusse wrote:We played that style for 3 years, we never had so many injuries, at least I dont remember that.

You closed one eye the first two years; the salad plate was the only perceivable object back then. Now the players and brass want more. Having the squad to go that far and wide is a different story.
tflags

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Our squad is that wide assuming we won't get more than 1-2 injuries. :mrgreen: Last season our squad was so small that one injury meant a whole lot of problems. :P Look at our full squad:

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Gundogan - Kuba, Mkhitaryan, Reus - Lewandowski

Bench: Langerak, Grosskreutz, Sokratis, Durm, Kehl, Sahin, Aubameyang, Hofmann

18-19 people who you can easily rotate with. The problem is many of them are injured. We can't afford having 22 very good players like Bayern for example, still not there yet. We just have to live with what we have now. When Kehl and Schmelzer come back at the beginning of November we should be better.

Im hopeful although worried. Arsenal away game will tell us what it is we are fighting for this season.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Ruht » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Your team has enough depth, mind you. But the injuries incoming are quite a lot for most teams to cope with. Arsenal are having lots of injury problems as well so I think you'll be able to get points off of them.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby The Spyware » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 am

Klopp always has been very good with dealing with injuries I guess it won't br such a disaster
The international break came at the perfect time for him
Still Dortmund with the remaining players can hold at emirates and win the BL fixtures or most of them
but the win in Westphalia needs Sahin at least to return and I guess he should be ready at that time it's more than four weeks from now
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Reus with torn ligament? any truth in that?
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Just 2 weeks pause so he will be back for Arsenal.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Ruht » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:50 pm

So, Gundogan is not even near to being fit, and they don't know when he will be able to play. That sucks big time, you guys really needed him for the Arsenal game. I've also read that Podolski and Walcott might be back for Arsenal's next game, meaning they might be fit to face you guys.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany