You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm

True... But... They still lost ;)
That's what remains in the end...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:15 pm

For now. They had Atletico, Barca and us at the brink of defeat in important games within half a year. That would have been unthinkable until a year ago. IMO it's only a matter of time until they build up the experience and confidence and are clinical and hard-nosed enough when it matters most. Well, unless it goes against us, I hope.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:23 pm

RedQueen wrote:For now. They had Atletico, Barca and us at the brink of defeat in important games within half a year. That would have been unthinkable until a year ago. IMO it's only a matter of time until they build up the experience and confidence and are clinical and hard-nosed enough when it matters most. Well, unless it goes against us, I hope.

Yes. The average age thing is indeed impressive. Schmidt is doing something good over there.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Hey, for all I care they can wipe the floor with every other team in Europe... :P

But I think they didn't look good against us (except if you talk about the Rückrunde game) and Dortmund as well...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:36 pm

They looked pretty good against us in the cup quarterfinals. Took us to penalties.

And this season, comparing the games against Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Dortmund, they looked the best IMO.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Agreed
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am

RedQueen wrote:For now. They had Atletico, Barca and us at the brink of defeat in important games within half a year. That would have been unthinkable until a year ago. IMO it's only a matter of time until they build up the experience and confidence and are clinical and hard-nosed enough when it matters most. Well, unless it goes against us, I hope.

The thing is, they will always be naturally limited to how much they can grow as a club. They are a team from a small suburb of Koln, hardly the representative of a major population hub. As such, the amount of money they can raise through matchday attendance or commercial partnerships is never going to rise too much. Which ultimately means that there is little chance they can grow too much as a club, even if some players start to take a leap they will immediately leave the club. It's great that they pushed us, Barca and Atletico, but really that's the limit for them. Players like Tah, Kramer and Calhanoglu will leave within the next 1-2 years and they will soon need to rebuild their spine.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

No one expects them to catch up with the big clubs. But if they manage to become a regular nuisance for those clubs in European competitions, causing a couple of upsets, it would be a welcome development. Most people don't want to see the same four to six teams in the semis year after year.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:24 pm

From 1-3 down managed to win4-3...
Neverkusen no more...
Crazykusen

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Second time this week. :D
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ottackon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:20 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:27 pm

ottackon wrote:

amazing ... I really like Hakan... I see him fitting well with our team. I would sacrifice someone to get him...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 pm

He's a free kick taker, and we've already got Alaba. Otherwise he doesn't contribute anything special offensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Burko » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:49 pm

pyrasur wrote:He's a free kick taker..... Otherwise he doesn't contribute anything special offensively.

It means in normal guy language, english club will pay 30 mil. € :mrgreen:
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:27 pm

Burko wrote:
pyrasur wrote:He's a free kick taker..... Otherwise he doesn't contribute anything special offensively.

It means in normal guy language, english club will pay 30 mil. € :mrgreen:

30m? They paid that for Son-Ming whatever.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany