You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:39 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Part of a steward job is to prevent violence and the safety of everyone who are in the stadium, so if they are not protected by the law, anyone could hit them without any punish consequence, you care about the young people who watched Zidane headbutted, but also those young fans are the one who almost begin a violence incident, so they must also learn that a steward must be respected. They are authorities so Leverkusen did a good punishment for Spahic.

I'm agreeing with you regarding Spahic who should get a bigger punishment for attacking a steward rather than a common man. What I am disagreeing on is that in my opinion what Zidane did is far worse because the impact on society was far, far, far more. In the aftermath of the 2006 World Cup final, I've personally witnessed kids headbutting others for little to no reason, just so they could be cool like Zidane. How many kids around the world will try and pull a Spahic now?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Yes, I understand your opinion. And for me, I will love to watch Zidane getting a hard punishment too :wink: Unfortunately, people watch Materazzi as the villain.... :?
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:01 pm

A legal thread perhaps? These two situations couldn't be more different. MUTU is trying to compare actions which occurred in two different set of events under the eyes of the law. One occurred during the course of an sporting event, event formed by consenting parties with its own set of rules and penalties and organizing and ruling party.

If Spahic's lawyer tries to argue his way into making this fall under the jurisdiction of the DFB the judge will have a easy time ruling that the match had already concluded and all parties had left the premises making this a regular criminal case of assault and battery, public indecency among the most obvious typified felonies.

In Zidaine's case, the attack (i don't think headbutts have a distinct treatment than a punch for example) occurred as a response to a verbal attack during a match. Had Zidaine responded with a verbal assault, the ruling part would have probably concluded the response was proportional and no further sanction than a card be imposed.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:08 pm

tflags wrote:A legal thread perhaps? These two situations couldn't be more different. MUTU is trying to compare actions which occurred in two different set of events under the eyes of the law. One occurred during the course of an sporting event, event formed by consenting parties with its own set of rules and penalties and organizing and ruling party.

If Spahic's lawyer tries to argue his way into making this fall under the jurisdiction of the DFB the judge will have a easy time ruling that the match had already concluded and all parties had left the premises making this a regular criminal case of assault and battery, public indecency among the most obvious typified felonies.

In Zidaine's case, the attack (i don't think headbutts have a distinct treatment than a punch for example) occurred as a response to a verbal attack during a match. Had Zidaine responded with a verbal assault, the ruling part would have probably concluded the response was proportional and no further sanction than a card be imposed.

Again, not denying any of this, but everyone knows that the law is not always fair. On a pure moral level, I find Zidane's actions far worse due to the far bigger impact on society (and I'm not sure if anyone could argue in the opposite), hence I see the fact that he's getting a bigger punishment morally unfair. The possibility of this being a consequence of the way the laws are set won't change something from being morally unfair or not.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu May 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Leverkusen have extended the Contract of their Coach Roger Schmidt till 2019 [source]
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Sat May 23, 2015 10:22 am

A very good coach.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sun May 24, 2015 6:55 am

Yes I find him very charismatic too
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun May 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Wút? Really?
tflags

Postby Element » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Leverkusen have signed Striker Admir Mehmedi from SC Freiburg
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby kingbayern » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:34 am

Element wrote:Leverkusen have signed Striker Admir Mehmedi from SC Freiburg

Great signing ..good player
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby ottackon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:38 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Copycats :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:22 pm

In fact, he followed Vidal's advice to join Bayer.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby LEDC » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:06 pm

ottackon wrote:In fact, he followed Vidal's advice to join Bayer.

they are not that close outside national team. is a very good player, he looks skinny but is strong, not easy to take the ball from him. Vidal is full power due his athleticism and instinct running with the ball or without to the area. Aranguiz is more composed , more a brainier, moving tactically and making good combinations. The best chilean player in Copa America.
LEDC
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:58 pm

This is probably Leverkusen's best sqaud since Ballack and Zé Roberto days, really excited to see them against Lazio

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany