You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:30 am

Rumours said Leno to Real Madrid. The 3 best clubs in the world (Bayern, barcelona and Real) with german goalkeepers.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:49 am

runaway wrote:He's quite a good CB. A bit hot headed it seems but if we want a new CB and if he won't face criminal charges, why not for free?

He'll turn 35 years old in August. If he's fired from Leverkusen I could well imagine him retiring from football.
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Argeta » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:38 am

Spahic brang his friends and brother to the game, I think he wanted to exit the arena together with them through the player tunnels which the guards didn't allow. So when they started pushing Spahic brother the fight started..
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:13 pm

“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Rauntšik » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:30 pm

'Spahic is a outstanding player but we had no other choice'
'We sat down with Emir and found a solution. He regrets his action and we wish him all the best in the future'.
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorsett » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Brutal, but definitely not unwarranted.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby MatZam » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Serves him right. Headbutting people is the act of a child, not an experienced footballer at 34 years of age. You can't even claim it was a moment of high tension on the pitch (like Zidane's), it was after the match and to a member of staff of his own club. [-X [-X [-X
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:46 pm

MatZam wrote:Serves him right. Headbutting people is the act of a child, not an experienced footballer at 34 years of age. You can't even claim it was a moment of high tension on the pitch (like Zidane's), it was after the match and to a member of staff of his own club. [-X [-X [-X

Zidane headbutted a person for offending his family using words, under the public eye.
Spahic headbutted a person for manhandling and offending his family using not only words but also physical force, after the match was over and most people had already left the stadium.

Spahic deserves a smaller punishment than Zidane, in my opinion. Yet he's getting worse.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:54 pm

You are serious?
tflags

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:19 pm

tflags wrote:You are serious?

Of course I am. Zidane did the same thing during the single most watched event in the world (the World Cup final) with less provocation. Nobody fired Zidane from his job (admittedly because he had retired) nor did he get sent to prison.

At least from what I understood, Spahic headbutted because a steward was offending and pushing his brother around (whilst he himself was in physical and emotional pain; he was subbed out due to injury, and his team had just gotten eliminated on penalties), and he wanted to help him. Perhaps I am mistaken on what really happened, but I am basing my comparison based on what I understood happened.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorsett » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:32 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:You are serious?

Of course I am. Zidane did the same thing during the single most watched event in the world (the World Cup final) with less provocation. Nobody fired Zidane from his job (admittedly because he had retired) nor did he get sent to prison.

At least from what I understood, Spahic headbutted because a steward was offending and pushing his brother around (whilst he himself was in physical and emotional pain; he was subbed out due to injury, and his team had just gotten eliminated on penalties), and he wanted to help him. Perhaps I am mistaken on what really happened, but I am basing my comparison based on what I understood happened.

I read it was because he wanted to exit the stadium with his brother (through a specific gate/exit) and the stewards wouldn't let them, or something along those lines.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:39 pm

If Spahic hit an authority (Police or Security) then it is worse than Zidane case, and I think a steward is like a security, so it is worse than hit another civil person.

The stewards, as a security or other public authorities, need to be protected by the law, because if they are not, anyone could hit them, without any punish consequence, so their life will be in danger.

The case should be investigated for both the steward as also Spahic.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:44 pm

They've dismissed him, effective immediately.

Bayer Leverkusen trennt sich von Spahic | FAZ [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:00 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:If Spahic hit an authority (Police or Security) then it is worse than Zidane case, and I think a steward is like a security, so it is worse than hit another civil person.

The stewards, as a security or other public authorities, need to be protected by the law, because if they are not, anyone could hit them, without any punish consequence, so their life will be in danger.

The case should be investigated for both the steward as also Spahic.

I understand this, but still doing it during the World Cup final is several magnitudes of times worse, in my opinion. Think about how many people saw it, and how many kids were badly influenced by what they saw. In comparison, virtually no one on earth has heard about this Spahic case. I feel that this should completely outweigh the valid 'common'-man-vs-public-officer case you bring.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Part of a steward job is to prevent violence and the safety of everyone who are in the stadium, so if they are not protected by the law, anyone could hit them without any punish consequence, you care about the young people who watched Zidane headbutted, but also those young fans are the one who almost begin a violence incident, so they must also learn that a steward must be respected. They are authorities so Leverkusen did a good punishment for Spahic.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany