You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who should replace Ribery in the near future?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who will replace Ribéry next summer ?

Reus
17%
Hazard
15%
Depay
7%
De Bruyne
1%
Sterling
4%
Firmino
4%
Griezman
25%
Gotze
1%
Weiser
1%
Bernat
6%
Another player
17%

Total votes : 71

Re: Who should replace Ribery in the near future?

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:if we look in-house; do you think that Alaba can be a candidate?
I think yes. If it will be so the coach of at that time would need to change the tactical system to a 3-5-2 where Alaba would have the whole left side exclusive for him.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest I like the free role Alaba currently has, I would hate to make him exclusively a LW.

but we know what he can do there... I feel he is wasted there... as most of his team - mates who are not being employed where they can give their best...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Another reason I should have mentioned is because Alaba is quite the stout defender thanks to his quickness and the way he reads the game. At the moment Bernat is doing a good job as the LWB I think Alaba should be stay in his free role and Bayern should find a true LW to replace Ribs in the future.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AllensRoten » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Another reason I should have mentioned is because Alaba is quite the stout defender thanks to his quickness and the way he reads the game. At the moment Bernat is doing a good job as the LWB I think Alaba should be stay in his free role and Bayern should find a true LW to replace Ribs in the future.

Totally agree with this. I don't see anyone on the team having the offensive abilities to become a world class LW and replacing Ribery, unless ofcourse Kurt becomes world class over night and can take over. Alaba and Bernat make good LW but not world class, they're too defensively minded. As for Alaba's free role, its perfect for him. Hes perfect for the LCB/LDM/LW all in one role. He's got speed, tackling ability, excellent shooting technique. Maybe if he had better dribbling ability and was better at 1v1 situations then he could be a LW.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Argeta wrote:Depay is awesome and yes, okay, it's the Dutch league but who cares? Many of the football history's best players come from there.
Today we have Suarez, Eriksen, Robben, Bony all from Eredivisie.

Indeed. The league a player comes from is a very small factor when it comes to scouting and judging the quality of a player. It's the underlying stats that matters. For a winger: his dribbles, key passes, goal conversion, goals, etc are important and it's consistency throughout a number of seasons to eliminate being swayed by a player's purple patch.

This was meant to be a short reply here to tally the stats of some of the suggested names but I got carried away and made some fancy graphs... :lol:

Note: I don't think Lyon's Fekir and Marseille's Payet has been suggested but I saw their player radars and they got my interest and they can play as wingers so why not add them up.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:43 pm

I don't know if I would want Payet, at 27 the guy has most likely peaked.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:57 pm

It depends how Bayern plans to replace Ribery. A short term solution like Payet, who flourished under Bielsa's system can add something to the goal creation. The younger and more prominent wingers like Hazard and Reus are not as near as Ribery's numbers are and they will cost a lot of money.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:58 pm

No ofcourse not, Depay is doing great in the eredivisie, without a doubt. But the diffuculty is completely different if you compare their league to the BL. So to be succesfull here, he would have to improve a lot. I like the guy a lot aswell, but right now he doesnt have the level to be a permanent replacement for Ribs. Especially not in big games like against Chelski, Real etc.
Ottomeister13

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:02 pm

A truly good player, no matter what league he's put, given a chance will show his class.

We can't really judge young players and compare them exactly with a finished product like Ribery. We can only assume that since this player has been giving these numbers at such a young age and given room for improvement, he can be even better. Depay is certainly on that path. But as a Ribery? I don't think so. As a Robben most likely. He's a bit (a lot actually) selfish whether it's because he thinks he's the better finisher than his teammates that gives him the right to shoot anywhere (Ronaldo is that you? lol) or it's instructions by the coach, an attacker used to scoring and shooting at such a young age will continue to do so.

And has been pointed out before, Eredivisie is a weaker league but the number of it's successful exports trumps the other busts. Tadic and Eriksen for example are recent examples. They've shown they're great creators in the Dutch league and was able to translate those numbers to their new teams.

But Depay unlike Eriksen and Tadic is young. Very young to be expected to transfer here and be expected to produce Ribery-like results. Any young player is a gamble. If we really want a Ribery-like replacement that will give it on the first game, we'll have to shed the cash for an established player and I don't know who would that be. Messi? He's RW. Neymar? He's a CF more than a creator. Sanchez? He's a RW. Bale? He's on a slump in RM these days and their fans are more and more unhappy about him. A possible Robben-like swoop? Hazard? He's a dribbler but assists and goals are far from what Ribery has produced. Reus? He's more of a RW but like Hazard, he's stats are not like-for-like as Ribery. De Bruyne is the only one that came close 2 out of the 3 things I've looked into compared to Ribery. And he's not a LW more of a CAM.

Another thing in using stats in scouting I've seen is compare it to the player's numbers on that certain age group and similar players.

If I could, I would find Ribery's data at Marseille or Ribery's early days in Bayern but alas it's hard to find data that far back for free.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:15 am

Nah, Robben is a one of a kind. Depay is nothing at all a Robben. Atleast not in playing style, selfishness, yes. I'd like to see Depay here, its a great guy from what i hear around here. But i wonder if he has the stuff to be someone on the wings for Bayern. Time will tell..
Ottomeister13

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Sorry, but i dont buy the crap anymore ''wait till everyone is fit''.. Who is it? Lahm, Martinez and Thiago. The only one i see making an improvent creatively is Thiago. Lahm is more the controlling person on midfield and not that offensive anymore since he doesnt play RB anymore with Robben. That was a great combo tbh.

Martinez? Was never that awesome in offense. We lack a lot of creativity. Gotze almost Always dribbles into his opponents legs. Ribery just came back from injury. Muller has some hard times aswell, Lewa the same. You cant just Always give Robben the ball and expect him to score. Teams will start to triple and double him like they did a lot with Ribs. It's worrying that teams start to figure us out more and more, by just standing in their own 16..

I thought this would be the best place to reply:

We really are lacking in players who can run at a defense and mishape a defense, currently the only player who does that is Robben. Like you said Gotze just runs at players feet and Ribs is getting old. I don't know if that is soley Pep's fault. His tactics don't discourage that or else Messi would not be the player he is. In my opinion it's a personel issue as I analyze. No one else in the squad bar Robben can effectively run at a defense and cause problems. I hope the board makes some moves to replace Ribs and add creativity through the wings again cause Gotze doesn't look like he is the man for job at the moment.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:50 am

New and more expanded version on my quest to find "like Robbery" wingers. Fekir still showed up to be a really interesting option.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:39 am

runaway wrote:New and more expanded version on my quest to find "like Robbery" wingers. Fekir still showed up to be a really interesting option.

Ribery will be a world class player for at least 3 more years, enough time for develop a dangerous triplet left wingers with Gotze, Bernat and Alaba.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:09 pm

What about Bellarabi?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:What about Bellarabi?

In my opinion he doesn't seem like Bayern type quality...

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Aequitas1987 wrote:What about Bellarabi?

In my opinion he doesn't seem like Bayern type quality...

why?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion