You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who should replace Ribery in the near future?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who will replace Ribéry next summer ?

Reus
17%
Hazard
15%
Depay
7%
De Bruyne
1%
Sterling
4%
Firmino
4%
Griezman
25%
Gotze
1%
Weiser
1%
Bernat
6%
Another player
17%

Total votes : 71

Re: Who should replace Ribery in the near future?

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 3:50 am

It was just sarcasm/sarc
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sat May 02, 2015 5:16 am

:coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 02, 2015 5:17 am

Drunk thread is somewhere else xD
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 5:23 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Drunk thread is somewhere else xD

No,no it's just here baby! Have more wishes for Christmas? Just post it here.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Sat May 02, 2015 10:23 am

Our "problem" is that Götze is not a winger, as we know for sure now. He needs to play behind the striker where the play flows through him, either as a classic trequartista or even a second striker that he played for a little while at the start of the season. Out wide he isn't working out at all, because, let's face it, he doesn't have much pace. So the idea of him being Ribery's replacement was flawed from the start. :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Gotze lacks the proper quickness to beat defenders on the wings like Robbery do
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 2:25 pm

quaazi wrote:Our "problem" is that Götze is not a winger, as we know for sure now. He needs to play behind the striker where the play flows through him, either as a classic trequartista or even a second striker that he played for a little while at the start of the season. Out wide he isn't working out at all, because, let's face it, he doesn't have much pace. So the idea of him being Ribery's replacement was flawed from the start. :|

Of course you're right but for different reason, he was meant as replacement for Robben not Ribery. If it so easy for you to change your preferences why don't you switch use of your hands, for example, and tell us about your experience. Pace? If his pace is not good for a winger, for sure it's not good for any other position in forward line. Am I missing something here?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Sat May 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Korab wrote:Pace? If his pace is not good for a winger, for sure it's not good for any other position in forward line. Am I missing something here?

Oh don't be silly. The greatest playmakers of the century so far - Zidane, Ronaldinho etc - were all fairly slow. Even your modern day Özils/Silvas and so on aren't great with their speed over a distance.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 3:07 pm

quaazi wrote:
Korab wrote:Pace? If his pace is not good for a winger, for sure it's not good for any other position in forward line. Am I missing something here?

Oh don't be silly. The greatest playmakers of the century so far - Zidane, Ronaldinho etc - were all fairly slow. Even your modern day Özils/Silvas and so on aren't great with their speed over a distance.

You're right again, and still for the wrong reasons, is CR7 the speed demon? Or Hazard? Or ......?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat May 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Korab wrote:
quaazi wrote:

You're right again, and still for the wrong reasons, is CR7 the speed demon? Or Hazard? Or ......?

You've mentioned wingers there my friend. To play on the wings, you need pace. The central roles don't require as much pace. Look at Kroos, for example, he's slower than Goetze.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm

"You've mentioned wingers there my friend. To play on the wings, you need pace. The central roles don't require as much pace. Look at Kroos, for example, he's slower than Goetze."
You're right also but it's not true in today's Bayern, isn't it? Why you want speed when it takes ages to put together any offensive action? Am I right here?
What about Goetze past, did he have enough pace then? Have anybody really tried his speed, was there any opportunity even to see it?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Pittbay » Sat May 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Korab wrote: Have anybody really tried his speed, was there any opportunity even to see it?

This is a good point, I hardly remember seeing Mario in the situations in lots of space where you can really appreciate how fast a player is, although that may be due to him being too slow to get in those situations in the first place :)
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Pittbay wrote:
Korab wrote: Have anybody really tried his speed, was there any opportunity even to see it?

This is a good point, I hardly remember seeing Mario in the situations in lots of space where you can really appreciate how fast a player is, although that may be due to him being too slow to get in those situations in the first place :)

Have you seen any other player of Bayern showing his speed in recent games?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Sat May 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Weiser. Bernat. Alaba. I could go on.
tflags

Postby Korab » Sat May 02, 2015 4:10 pm

tflags wrote:Weiser. Bernat. Alaba. I could go on.

Really?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion