You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who should replace Ribery in the near future?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who will replace Ribéry next summer ?

Reus
17%
Hazard
15%
Depay
7%
De Bruyne
1%
Sterling
4%
Firmino
4%
Griezman
25%
Gotze
1%
Weiser
1%
Bernat
6%
Another player
17%

Total votes : 71

Re: Who should replace Ribery in the near future?

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:50 pm

First of all, from all the names mentioned, i am going to agree with Mutu. We dont need a new one for Ribery. We have a lot of offense players who can do that job. Gotze for example has to pick up his job on a constant level. Then again, they switch sides anyway with Muller and Robben. And on the left i see Bernat and Alaba, like in the first half of the season.

Most of the names offered are to overrated and way to overpriced compared from what they can bring on th pitch for Bayern. The only one i WOULD like to see is Reus. He is great, he is cheap compared to others and he knows a lot of Bayern players from the NT.

Depay, yeah, i like him a lot aswell, but his downside is the league he plays in and that is the Dutch. It has nowhere near the level from past days. So i dont know if he could make it here, he seems more like a BPL player.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 pm

12M a year isn't cheap + demanding a release clause... don't you have enough of BVB signings?
JANCKER

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:02 pm

I couldnt care less where they come from, aslong as they make us better. And then again.. 12m a year isnt cheap, but a Hazard signing, no that is cheap... #-o I have a feeling more people who are against Reus hate the person more, then the fact that he is from BvB.. If a Gotze can have 12m a year, Reus deserves that ATLEAST. In my eyes Reus is still superior to Gotze. Because Gotze hasnt lived up to all that is inside him so far. And let him have his release clause, but not under 50 million. If Spanish clubs can do that, we can do it even better.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:13 pm

What I meant is that don't you have enough of Goetze... I wanted Reus from Gladbach, but something stopped us from getting him then, I believe it's the same this time... He's into something else, I guess he has different plans. Bayern most likely would be only his next stop, demands for a release clause suggest so. I haven't heard him say a good word for Bayern ever. Who guarantees that he'll do better than Goetze?
I'm for not signing anyone too, but if we want to sign someone, MY choice would be Hazard.
JANCKER

Postby Machiavellico » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:50 pm

MUTU wrote:How about we don't sign anyone as Ribery's replacement?

We have Bernat, Alaba, Goetze, Robben and Mueller who can play on the left wing. Then there's some promising youngsters coming through as well.

Indeed, they can be pretty good in that position. But is *pretty good* enough? They're not natural in that position. They are astonishingly versatile, but not natural. None of them can do what Ribs did in his top seasons. We need someone world class at dribbling, shooting, explosion. While I admire Alaba, Bernat and Muller, they are not the complete pack for such thing.

The best replacement I see is Hazard, but I'm not sure that Rumm will pay 70-100m for a player. Other players I'd see with the potential to become what Ribery was are Draxler and Griezmann, and these two(should they remain at their clubs) look as verisimilar transfers.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:54 pm

We have Bernat, Alaba, Goetze, Robben and Mueller who can play on the left wing. Then there's some promising youngsters coming through as well.

I hope Gotze can step up and be the explosive player to replace Ribery, but I have my doubts.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:28 pm

We need to sell not buy.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Sell and buy... I got some names on my mind.
JANCKER

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Indeed.. Dante is one of them, after tonight.. goddamn... Anyway. Draxler i dont see getting any better then he is right now to be honest. He is stalling very much.
Ottomeister13

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Green's career has been stagnant. Who would you suggest from the lower ranks?
tflags

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:12 pm

None of them, because none of them have the skills whatsoever to replace him, nor the pace.
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Hazard, Reus, or Griezmann. Maybe, just maybe, Kurt.

I disagree that we don't need to buy anyone if Ribery were to retire tomorrow though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Indeed.. Gotze just doesnt cut it, was clear again yesterday. No speed, lackluster as Always.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:24 pm

A BVB player that impressed after leaving has still to be seen...
JANCKER

Postby runaway » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Here's a curveball, Ricardo Rodriguez. Alaba moves permanently on the middle, both Bernat and Rodriguez can interchange all they want and we don't need to worry about the new winger's inability to make up for Ribery's defensive contributions which is Hazard's weakness.

Rodriguez, if I remember correctly, is behind De Bruyne in assists and key passes or something for Wolfsburg. And he has been linked to us before.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion