You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who is your favourite Bayern player?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Who is your favourite Bayern player?

Postby cwbm » Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Muller is easily my favourite. He would be in my all-time list too. And that is FULL of stars.
cwbm
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby josemiguel811 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello boys how are you ? I have always believed and thinking that Thomas Müller is a super crack and the best player that the bayern has had and who has lasted the longest in the squad that you think?
josemiguel811
First post

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:22 am

josemiguel811 wrote:Hello boys how are you ? I have always believed and thinking that Thomas Müller is a super crack and the best player that the bayern has had and who has lasted the longest in the squad that you think?
Schweinsteiger is up there for me, his influence on our game was always big that I thought he was the one player Bayern could never have out.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm

With all my respect to every current and former Bayern players, for me, there are 2 giants that transformed the team and the game of football for Bayern. The one is Der Keiser ("The Emperor") Franz Beckenbauer and the second one is..

"Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the true "glory years of FC Bayern date back to the early 1970s". It is no coincidence that this period saw Müller at the peak of his powers and neither would it be an exaggeration to say that without der Bomber, that success would not have been possible. Müller's former team-mate and the man who scored West Germany's opener in that 1974 World Cup final triumph, Paul Breitner, put it thus: "Gerd Müller is the most important footballer Germany has ever had. Him alone." [source]

Over the course of a unique career, in 427 Bundesliga appearances der Bomber netted 365 goals, a ratio still marvelled at decades after he hung up his boots.

A breakdown of his goals per season only goes some way to telling the story of possibly the greatest goalscorer the game has ever seen. Each and every campaign between 1966 and 1979, Müller was among the top three scorers in the Bundesliga, netting at least 20 goals. He is also the only player to be crowned the league's top scorer in three consecutive seasons (1971/72 to 1973/74) and to this day, no other player has come anywhere close to his one-season record of 40 goals from 1971/72. (Career totals of 487 goals in 555 games). He put Bayern on the European map winning the European Cup for three consecutive years - 1973–74, 1974–75, 1975–76.

FC Bayern Munich were the team to reap the harvest of this prodigious talent and nobody is more aware than honorary president Franz Beckenbauer of his significance in the Bavarian club's rise to its now dominant position within the German game: "Without Gerd Müller and his goals, we'd all still be in our little wooden hut on Säbener Straße."

Absolute legend, he's for me one of the best strikers ever alongside Pelé and Eusebio who was, and will remain, Portugal's biggest true treasure to football.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby kod2600 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:37 am

Current: Thomas Muller
All-Time: Oliver Kahn
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 am

Current: Alphonso Davies
All-time: Manuel Neuer
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 am

LAHM for me
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 am

Current: Alphonso Davies
All-time: a close call between Lahm and Schweinsteiger, but I think the latter.

In terms of emotion the best moments are Robben’s but somehow I always liked the other two more.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:21 am

Since I've become a fan my favourite players probably were:

Lothar Matthäus
Oliver Kahn (loved Giovane Elber on that team)
Zé Roberto (loved Lucio, too)
Mark van Bommel
Philipp Lahm
Javi Martínez.

When Javi leaves it's probably Manuel Neuer or Thomas Müller as #1? Maybe even David Alaba? Tough call.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 am

Bazi wrote:Since I've become a fan my favourite players probably were:

Lothar Matthäus
Mark van Bommel
Philipp Lahm
Javi Martínez.

When Javi leaves it's probably Manuel Neuer or Thomas Müller as #1? Maybe even David Alaba? Tough call.

I was also a big fan of Kahn Kuffour Elber and Effenberg ... than we had the Lucio Ze era .... and then came in my all time favorite Lahm
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Bazi wrote:Since I've become a fan my favourite players probably were:

Lothar Matthäus
Mark van Bommel
Philipp Lahm
Javi Martínez.

I was also a big fan of Kahn Kuffour Elber and Effenberg ... than we had the Lucio Ze era .... and then came in my all time favorite Lahm

It's a pity Magath wasted Zé Roberto on the wing when it was obvious how much better he would be in central midfield. In today's game Zé Roberto would be known as one of the best central midfielders in the world with his incredible technical ability and stamina.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Ah, Zé Roberto, he aged like fine wine.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:56 pm

MUTU wrote:Ah, Zé Roberto, he aged like fine wine.

It was a pity Hoeneß didn't even bother to ask Louis van Gaal about Zé Roberto and just let him leave.

As a result Zé had two more very good years at Hamburg and we bought freaking Pranjic from the Dutch league. SMH. #-o
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion