You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who's your favourite to succeed Pep as head coach ?

J. Klopp
33%
C. Ancelotti
18%
R. Schmidt
5%
L. Favre
10%
M. Weinzierl
1%
D. Hecking
1%
Unai Emery
1%
M. Allegri
1%
D. Simeone
No votes
A. Wenger
No votes
J. Mourinho
1%
M. Pellegrini
No votes
Leanardo Jardim
No votes
Another name (please specify who)
6%
Guardiola is the right man in the right place
22%

Total votes : 82

Re: Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 pm

ottackon wrote:Can you imagine for one second that you're not omniscient and that you do not know everything about football ?
You will find the corresponding quotes from the players I mentioned if you do a little research on Google.

Usually it's the one who makes such a claim who's expected to take the trouble and find sources. Anyway, I take it then you have no idea why it would be more difficult?

I've heard some players claim the CL is more difficult to win - which makes some sort of sense. Maybe you're mixing things up?

If you just calm down a bit and read what I precisely wrote without fallacious interpretation, you will notice that I have at no point, described Löw as a bad coach. Words have meaning for a reason.

Didn't say it was your post I responded to.

Albanian7 wrote:Low is a good coach?

That's a very, very controversial thing to say.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm

You want to have the final say ? fine, I'll show some gallantry and watch the Barça game instead of wasting my time on trifles.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Well, thank you. No answer is an answer too :lol:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:43 pm

I don't wish to get in between RQ and Otta... Firstly I think Loew is a v.good coach.
As for the euros vs wc debate I am with Otta. The Euros are more diff...just have a look at the group stages.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:02 am

The average quality of the Euro is higher than the average quality of the World Cup. But the team to beat may not be European. So take it as it goes.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 am

-Wesley Sneijder : 'It will be very difficult, because for me, the Euros is more difficult than the World Cup because you don't have the teams from Africa or wherever when you know you are going to take three points."

Read more:
Spoiler: show
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2153705/Euro-2012-Wesley-Sneijder-says-Euros-harder-World-Cup.html#ixzz3iZxOKMfi

- Zinedine Zidane : " "For me, the European Championship is harder to win than the World Cup," Zidane said. "There are only big teams. At the World Cup, you have time to get going but here you cannot afford to make a single mistake."

Read more:
http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/euro-2012-is-the-toughest-challenge-in-football

- Xavi Hernandez : “The European Championships is harder than the World Cup, more intense,” the midfielder told el Pais. “There are no Cinderellas, in the World Cup, with all respect, you can face Honduras or Saudi Arabia. In the Euros, anyone can beat you."

Read more at:
http://videocelts.com/2012/06/blogs/international/xavi-european-championships-harder-than-world-cup#TZCE2HWjMQXopW2O.99

- Stuart Pearce : "The one thing a World Cup would probably throw up is a match against a lesser nation that would allow you to gather momentum by getting out of the group," he added. "In the Euros you have to hit the ground running. And make no mistake, with France in the first game we have got to be running very quickly."

Read more:
http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/186273-euro-victory-harder-than-world-cup-pearce

- Ruud Gullit : “To win the Euros is more difficult than the World Cup. In a World Cup, you can always play against a weak team that still qualifies because they come from an area of the world that does not have a strong qualifying competition. In the Euros there are no weak teams.”

Read more:
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ruud-gullit-lifting-this-still-means-more-to-me-than-winning-the-european-cup-7820084.html

- Gennaro Gattuso : " "There aren't any weak sides in the Euro's," said Ringhio. "It's a brief but very intense tournament where the games are all close and there is no time to recover. "It's for this reason that the Euro's are harder than the World Cup."

Read more:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/476/euro-2008/2008/06/02/720321/gattuso-euros-are-harder-than-the-world-cup

- Andres Iniesta : “These Euros will be much harder than the World Cup we won. This team is ready. I like to live the present, what lies ahead. “We have a very beautiful challenge ahead which will be a lot tougher than the previous one.”

Read more:
http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/13215/iniesta-euros-harder-than-the-world-cup-we-won/
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:44 am

I rate the euros just one step down from the UCL as in the level of football.
Although as from the next one there will more teams.!

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 am

"Teams from Africa or wherever"? So Iceland and Wales and Romania are bigger teams than Ghana, Algeria and Nigeria. because they're from Europe? Please tell me that's not serious.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 am

The simple fact is that international football is incomparable to club football. We made the mistake of ignoring this with Klinsmann, we can't make it with Löw, even if he is a sight improvement over Klinsi, which frankly isn't saying much.

My favorite Löw "boner" so to speak was playign Trochowski at a GODDAMN WC SEMI FINAL.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:28 am

RedQueen wrote:Maybe that's news to you, but in 2010 almost nobody in Germany counted on the NT to even reach the quarterfinals with such a young and inexperienced team.

You're selling the German team short in an insulting way not far from British tabloids. While not from Germany, I expected them to reach the final before the tournament, for example. That annoying little tidbit aside, calling a team of Poldi (over seventy caps), Schweini (shining veteran of three tournaments), Klose (already a legendary world cup goalscorer), Lahm (six-year mainstay and key player despite one injury issue at the start), Mertesacker (first-team pick since 2006), and Arne goddamn Friedrich (around 70 caps by then) inexperienced is a gross distortion of facts if not an outright lie. Get it together, you can't try to fit reality into your narrative like this.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ottackon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:29 am

RedQueen wrote:"Teams from Africa or wherever"? So Iceland and Wales and Romania are bigger teams than Ghana, Algeria and Nigeria. because they're from Europe? Please tell me that's not serious.

When Zinedine Zidane played, people watched. When he talks, they tend to listen.

Who the heck is Zidane ? Thank God we have the Red Queen among us.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:36 am

In all fairness, the Africa delegation to the World Cup tens to be 80% shit and 20% amazing. One team makes it far and plays great football doing it, while the rest are used as whipping boys and don't even get paid by their FAs. People just tend to forget it thanks to one team's advance in the competition. The main issue is, of course, the lack of professionals in the infrastructure of most African FAs - the players are great as they prove in club football. The post-colonialist world is a bitch.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RedQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 am

ottackon wrote:When Zinedine Zidane played, people watched. When he talks, they tend to listen.

Sorry that I don't share your servile belief in so-called authorities. So-called authorities are spouting nonsense all the time, sometimes nonsense they don't even believe themselves, for all kinds of reasons. I believe in arguments, not authorities. That's the way people usually have been educated since the age of enlightenment.

This discussion is becoming really annoying now. To claim that there are no weak teams in the Euros because there aren't "teams from Africa or wherever" sounds borderline racist to me. And I'm usually not the one to wave the racism card quickly. There are weak teams in both competitions, and if you happen to be drawn in a group with Iran or Saudi Arabia you're lucky. As you will be lucky if you're drawn in a group with Iceland or Northern Ireland. But in the World Cup some of the very best teams are taking part that are missing in the Euros. The fact they're not from Europe doesn't change that they are some of the very best teams.

So once you're out of the group stage, you may be eliminated in the WC by teams that don't even take part in the Euros. Vice versa is much more unlikely. Because all of Europe's best teams are present in the WC. And you're not gonna win either the Euros or the World Cup with a team that has a chance of being beaten by nations that take part in the Euros but not in the World Cup.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:08 am

RedQueen wrote:
ottackon wrote:When Zinedine Zidane played, people watched. When he talks, they tend to listen.

Sorry that I don't share your servile belief in so-called authorities. So-called authorities are spouting nonsense all the time, sometimes nonsense they don't even believe themselves, for all kinds of reasons. I believe in arguments, not authorities. That's the way people usually have been educated since the age of enlightenment.

This is discussion is becoming really annoying now. To claim that there are no weak teams in the Euros because there aren't "teams from Africa or wherever" sounds borderline racist to me. And I'm usually not the one to wave the racism card quickly. There are weak teams in both competitions, and if you happen to be drawn in a group with Iran or Saudi Arabia you're lucky. As you will be lucky if you're drawn in a group with Iceland or Northern Ireland. But in the World Cup some of the very best teams are taking part that are missing in the Euros. The fact they're not from Europe doesn't change that they are some of the very best teams.

So once you're out of the group stage, you may be eliminated in the WC by teams that don't even take part in the Euros. Vice versa is much more unlikely. Because all of Europe's best teams are present in the WC. And you're not gonna win either the Euros or the World Cup with a team that has a chance of being beaten by nations that take part in the Euros but not in the World Cup.

Get off your high horse and spare me your lessons in pseudopsychology, I'm not even sure you know how to juggle a ball, but you keep talking as if you were receiving revelation from football gods.
African football is shit and I'm well placed to talk about it because I watch it on regular basis unlike you. Ghana is just the tree that hides the forest like many african national teams in the past.
But I agree with on one thing, this conversation has become annoying, and it's about time to stop it right here.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:15 am

Yes, Algeria is so shit they nearly eliminated us. Maybe you missed the fact that a fair share of the African players aren't playing in African but in European football teams. You are the one to talk about "getting off your high horse." Sorry if you can't keep a discussion up using arguments instead of making it personal and citing your authorities. Have to leave for today anyways now, so I'll be out of it.
Last edited by RedQueen on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion