You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who's your favourite to succeed Pep as head coach ?

J. Klopp
33%
C. Ancelotti
18%
R. Schmidt
5%
L. Favre
10%
M. Weinzierl
1%
D. Hecking
1%
Unai Emery
1%
M. Allegri
1%
D. Simeone
No votes
A. Wenger
No votes
J. Mourinho
1%
M. Pellegrini
No votes
Leanardo Jardim
No votes
Another name (please specify who)
6%
Guardiola is the right man in the right place
22%

Total votes : 82

Re: Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:50 pm

albanian7 wrote:Low is a good coach?

That's a very, very controversial thing to say

Yes he is. He won the World Cup without using excuses of not having players like Robben and Ribery :lol: :lol: :lol:

Despite Low almost use the same formation implemented by former coaches in bayern, making him like a "copier", I think he sometimes did a better job using bayern formations than our former coaches. For example the 4-2-3-1 of Low in the World Cup 2010 played better than Van Gaal 4-2-3-1 in Bayern. Schweinsteiger in this world cup performed better than his best times with bayern.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:30 pm

There's nothing controversial about Löw being a good coach. He lead the NT to the Euro 2008 final, the first time a team reached the k.o. stage of that tournament in 12 years. In 2010 he lead a veritable boy group to the semis in South Africa, he reached the semis in the Euro 2012 and won the World Cup in Brazil under less than ideal circumstances.

As a NT coach you can't simply buy players if you have no left backs or right backs available. You don't have endless time for trying out and implementing new formations either. What's a better approach, using formations most of the key players are familiar with - or trying to impress the world by creating and implementing something new and revolutionary, in a matter of weeks with the world's biggest tournament imminent, and with half the key players injured or just recovering from injury?

And unlike Guardiola he actually had a reason for playing Lahm in midfield - that reason was that both Basti and Khedira came out of injuries and none of them was fit to play over 90 minutes, whilst Philipp had an ankle injury that just healed and probably wasn't fit to run on the RB position for 90 minutes. He tried to make the best out of a really difficult situation. And who would you have played on LB? Durm?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:22 pm

I like Löw. He brings the best out of Müller, Neuer, Boateng and knows how to inspire Götze. He also plays a nice milder version of Klopp's system which suits the German team very well.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm

I think he extended his contract until 2018, and on top of that, the outcome of the Euro 16 will show how great a coach he really is.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:35 pm

As if he still had to prove something given the record in his four tournaments. :roll:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:58 pm

With the pool of players he has at his disposal, he hasn't done something extraordinary. One major title with this golden generation is still not enough to consider him as a truly great coach.
Next summer Germany will be the overwhelming favourite to win the Euro and he doesn't have the right to fail.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 pm

And what coach has won a major title without extraordinary players at his disposal?

This is downright laughable. No European team has ever won the World Cup on South American soil. It was "impossible" they said. And then the injury problems. They still won the title. The NT has met or exceeded expectations in every one of the four tournaments he managed them. Maybe that's news to you, but in 2010 almost nobody in Germany counted on the NT to even reach the quarterfinals with such a young and inexperienced team. The only minor disappointment was the Euro 2008. Dear me, a defeat against Italy in the semis ... Germany's all time bogey team.

He already is considered as a truly great coach by most people, like it or not.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:16 pm

I like to read you but the peremptory tone you often use is becoming irritating.

Going back to Low, and before his coronation last summer, everyone in Germany was criticizing him because he was considered as a loser, incapable of taking his team to the next level. Now that he succeeded for once, he did not suddenly become God the Father.
I'm still waiting to see how Germany will negotiate the Euro in France, which is a more difficult tournament than the world Cup.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:40 pm

RedQueen wrote:And what coach has won a major title without extraordinary players at his disposal?

This is downright laughable. No European team has ever won the World Cup on South American soil. It was "impossible" they said. And then the injury problems. They still won the title. The NT has met or exceeded expectations in every one of the four tournaments he managed them. Maybe that's news to you, but in 2010 almost nobody in Germany counted on the NT to even reach the quarterfinals with such a young and inexperienced team. The only minor disappointment was the Euro 2008. Dear me, a defeat against Italy in the semis ... Germany's all time bogey team.

He already is considered as a truly great coach by most people, like it or not.

Correction - 2012 vs italy

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Löw has underachieved with the teams he's had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Alright, I'll leave you alone with the trolling now. :roll: Yeah, he's underachieved. All other national team coaches have been known to win Euros and World Cups twice or thrice in a row. And the Euros are a more difficult tournament than the WC in Brazil. Instead of Argentina and Brazil we'll have to deal with football giants like Iceland and Wales after all.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Xavi Hernandez, Sneijder, Zidane, Iniesta and lot of players stated that the Euro is harder to win than the WC.
But yeah, Low is the God of football, and RQ is his prophetess.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Seriously I would take Klopp before Löw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 pm

ottackon wrote:Xavi Hernandez, Sneijder, Zidane, Iniesta and lot of players stated that the Euro is harder to win than the WC.

Never heard of that. Any source? And on what grounds would it be more difficult? Inferior opponents, familiar climate and territory... sounds a lot easier to me.

But yeah, Low is the God of football, and RQ is his prophetess.

More trolling? I never said he's "the God of football". I responded to a post that claimed he wasn't "a good coach". How anyone can claim that is beyond me. And before the criticism by "everyone in Germany" is cited again - it's Germany you're talking about. We are a people of 80 million Bundestrainers who all know everything better, most without knowing anything of the state of health or fitness of the players at all. It's always been like that. Every Bundestrainer is shit until he wins the world cup. Has been the same for ages.

Honestly, if the NT with Löw has underachieved with the players available, then what about Bayern with Pep?

E: Great. Now I missed the first goal in the Supercup!
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:08 pm

RedQueen wrote:Never heard of that. Any source? And on what grounds would it be more difficult? Inferior opponents, familiar climate and territory... sounds a lot easier to me.

Can you imagine for one second that you're not omniscient and that you do not know everything about football ?
You will find the corresponding quotes from the players I mentioned if you do a little research on Google.

RedQueen wrote:More trolling? I never said he's "the God of football". I responded to a post that claimed he wasn't "a good coach". How anyone can claim that is beyond me. And before the criticism by "everyone in Germany" is cited again - it's Germany you're talking about. We are a people of 80 million Bundestrainers who all know everything better, most without knowing anything of the players at all. It's always been like that. Every Bundestrainer is shit until he wins the world cup. Has been the same ever since.

Honestly, if the NT with Löw has underachieved with the players available, then what about Bayern with Pep?

If you just calm down a bit and read what I precisely wrote without fallacious interpretation, you will notice that I have at no point, described Löw as a bad coach. Words have meaning for a reason.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion