You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who's your favourite to succeed Pep as head coach ?

J. Klopp
33%
C. Ancelotti
18%
R. Schmidt
5%
L. Favre
10%
M. Weinzierl
1%
D. Hecking
1%
Unai Emery
1%
M. Allegri
1%
D. Simeone
No votes
A. Wenger
No votes
J. Mourinho
1%
M. Pellegrini
No votes
Leanardo Jardim
No votes
Another name (please specify who)
6%
Guardiola is the right man in the right place
22%

Total votes : 82

Re: Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Postby albanian7 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:52 pm

Carletto

We can win the BuLi on our own, we need CL experience

How come no one mentions Sammer? :P :?:
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Well, I'm not so sure about Carletto and the cup-winning manager myth. They went out in the Copa against Atleti this season, in the CL they lost against Juve in the semis and what's more, they almost went out in the quarters against a Schalke side with 7 players missing and playing with 4 teenagers. A Di Matteo coached Schalke on top of it; who was sacked a couple of weeks later because of their atrocious performances.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I entirely agree on Simeone, and Mourinho. Tuchel gives me a good vive despite not having the experience (and he might get it with BVB). Hecking I find entirely unconvincing: with that squad he should have won the EL. I don't share your reservations against Klopp, a year off could refresh him a lot.

I don't like at all what I've been hearing from the Dortmund camp since Klopp left there, both players and media reports. Klopp has been a media darling for years in Germany; hence the reports what hasn't been quite up to standards, to put it mildly, are all the more astonishing. As for the players, no one is outright criticizing him, but you get the message if you can read a little bit between the lines.

I'd prefer him to take on another club before he's considered for Bayern. I suppose he'll succeed Rodgers at LIverpool anyway; for Rodgers to survive the season it would take a miracle and Klopp / his agent have strongly implied that this would be his No 1 preference.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MatZam » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:15 pm

I would like Allegri to be given a shot at the job. He was one match away from leading Juventus to a treble this season, and from what I saw of their play he seems the kind of down-to-earth practical coach who, although favours pro-active possession attacking football, is not rigidly bound to it like Pep is. He is willing to mix stuff up and adopt different game play tactics and strategies according to the particular oppnenet and situation at the time.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby The Black Cleaver » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:20 pm

tflags wrote:
The Black Cleaver wrote:Carloooo!

Funny choice coming from a guy with an Atlético player as his avatar. :P

Carlo is not a funny choice. He is one of the best and most successful managers in the world. Bayern needs him! And about Griezmann... I really wanted him at Bayern because he is El Maestro & top quality, but unfortunately, he extend his contract with Atletico and that won't happen... :(
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:27 pm

Oh, I also like Luis Enrique. The direction he took Barca is great, although he does have an out of this world attacking unit to make the job easier for him.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 pm

Definitely a German coach. I voted for Favre, but I can't opt between him and Weinzierl.

1. Favre
2. Weinzierl
3. Klopp

I like Favre's style, he's been doing a great job, great tactical knowledge, knows how to take out the best from an each player, expert for counter-attacking football as well as he prefers attacking football when its possible, German mentality is completely familiar to him. He is also experienced coach, too long in football and this would his chance for the big stage. The experience of CL will get this season.

Weinzierl is a very talented coach and also Bayern's child, home boy whose desire is to become a Bayern coach one day. I know he will be, but the question is when. He's been doing a fantastic job with Augsburg all the time and that's the best proof of his qualities. Wide tactical knowledge is his strength, he also knows how to handle with young players and what's the best - he might return to Heynckes' football once again. Lack of experience... Well, he's getting more and more experience as long as he's leading a Bundesliga team.
The same thing went with Tuchel who took Klopp's job and continued excellent after him(hint: BuLi teams who won the most points in the last 6-7 years, Mainz was on the 4th or 5th place).

Klopp, well... More or less we all know what type of coach he is, what are his qualities, great motivation, fighting mentality, tempo fußball, etc. Tactical knowledge is something what may concern people but the only way to find out how would he handle a true elite club is to give him a chance. I think he wouldn't fail on domestic level with quality players which Bayern has now.

Bayern must risk, there's no other way. What makes different the names like Weinzierl, Tuchel, Schmidt, even Favre(who still hasn't managed top team) from Guardiola? The answer is simple - chance and trust. Guardiola didn't know a damn thing about professional football besides from playing experience and his coaches, right? Only one season at semi-pro Barcelona B team and then Laporta entrusted him a team which was in small decline.

Well, Laporta risked and really scored like rare people through the football history. Laporta was the main man - he dared! :wink:

Hoeneß dared to choose a baker who only led Germany in WC 2006 while Löw was the one doing a tactical job. Klopp was also one of three hot favorites, but Klinsmann won. Klopp has also won later, more than Klinsmann will ever win on the club level.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Rauntšik » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Klinsmann
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 pm

RedQueen wrote:Difficult. The main reason why I'm not in the "Rauser"-camp despite all the doubts I'm having is that I don't know who I'd like to succeed.

Thank you very much. Bloody hell the number of people who just throw names not knowing what they're talking about.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:47 am

Rauntšik wrote:Klinsmann

I'm assuming your kidding
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby vectordinate » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:10 am

I just want someone who will get along with the players, or at least not argue and fight with them... Pep is a brilliant coach, but his personality leaves something to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vectordinate
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby sterndessudens » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:19 am

Willy Sagnol for me since he's doing great with Bordeaux and being a legend in FCB, If not where's Joachim Low? Kloppo can go coach die nationalmannschaft
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby RedQueen » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:48 am

Löw crossed my mind too. I've no idea why people would take Klopp over him; his idea of football is much closer to what the Bayern board aims at than Klopp's, he's a great man manager, he's good with the media, and he has proven he can be pragmatic and down to earth if necessary. He knows the league and he even has proven that he gets along with some of our key players very well, and they rate him highly. But he's under contract until 2018 and unless we're knocked out of the Euros in the QF or earlier I don't see him leaving the National Team.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:06 am

I always thought that he was to replace Pep in 2016... But he signed till 2018...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:56 am

Definitely Pep remains #1 for me but if he wants to leaves, then Simeone or Favre ideally. I absolutely do not want Klopp. I think he'd flop immensely.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion