You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who's your favourite to succeed Pep as head coach ?

J. Klopp
33%
C. Ancelotti
18%
R. Schmidt
5%
L. Favre
10%
M. Weinzierl
1%
D. Hecking
1%
Unai Emery
1%
M. Allegri
1%
D. Simeone
No votes
A. Wenger
No votes
J. Mourinho
1%
M. Pellegrini
No votes
Leanardo Jardim
No votes
Another name (please specify who)
6%
Guardiola is the right man in the right place
22%

Total votes : 82

Re: Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:07 am

I think Villas-Boas is at the point in his career where, despite only notably winning the Europa League with Porto (and also winning the league unbeaten), he's learned from his mistakes enough that he's ready to take on a massive club. It is worrying that with Chelsea and Tottenham he almost couldn't touch the other Premier League giants, but I reiterate that we're not in a position where we have to challenge the title from Day 1 until Day 34 - we always start the season by being the most likely champions and it's a matter of not falling from it, as opposed to fighting for it.

And of course the much more important concern is about the Champions League and he is barely tested in the big stage. Firstly Chelsea in 2012 where he was replaced with Di Matteo and... let's not go there. Also when he was guiding Tottenham in the Europa League, they were the massive favourites because they were unbeaten in the group stage, but he was sacked due to a poor league run. But I think it's worth taking the risk. Judging from his Chelsea season, it was very clear that he wants to invent something and almost completely changing Chelsea's style (or lack of, really), but the team and Premier League in general are probably too rigid for that. Meanwhile, we have the strongest and most flexible squad in the world. Anything a coach would want to try that hasn't been tried by Pep already, I welcome with open arms.

Regarding his German (to foreign coaches in general really), I think it shouldn't be a big thing to worry about. I think we already give the impression to coaches that he better speaks German if he wants to come here, and if he's up for the job as much as Pep was, and if he meets with Kalle and Hopfner (and Uli) early enough, he'd be rushing himself to learn German without being explicitly told. If anything, we teach out players German so I'm sure any coach can learn it as he takes on the position.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:16 pm

No... He needs to speak German right away... They won't repeat what went wrong with Trappatoni... And I think that'S good... If somebody wants to come, he has to do so without an interpreter... Also, I don't think the next coach will be a "foreigner"... And I don't think it's very likely they're even considering him...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:09 am

Jurgen Klopp was this weekend spotted at the same hotel as the Bayern Munich squad.

Klopp has been repeatedly linked with taking over from Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich, but him being at the hotel was simply a coincidence and not the sign of an upcoming deal.

German newspaper Bild explain that Klopp was speaking at a sponsor event in Frankfurt, hence his stay at the hotel, and is now going on holiday with his wife Ulla to France for a couple of weeks.

Speaking at the event Klopp said something which would appear to make him staying in Germany sound less likely. The out of work manager said he'd been improving his language skills ahead of his new role. Klopp has used his time away from the game to relax and and improve languages. He didn't say which language but has said previously he doesn't think his English is very good.

Klopp also said that his next club doesn't have to be at the very top "I'm very relaxed. This can be an absolute top club. If not, that's fine too."

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/1-bun ... .bild.html
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:32 am

Thinks his English isn'gt good... So he noticed? Great... ;)

Well, some people here wanted Favre, right? He's available...

The thing is, even though I think Guardiola makes A LOT of mistakes - I see few alternatives... Tuchel is with Dortmund and in a way unproven... So is basically every other German coach... Ancelotti is a risk wit the language, as are most foreign coaches... So it would probably still be best if Guardiola extended... Would also take some "CL-winning-pressure" off of him at least for now...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 am

I'd hire Ancelotti, without thinking twice.
JANCKER

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:22 am

The problem is that the future of Guardiola does not depend on Bayern. The catalan is in fact the only master of his destiny, and despite his two failures against Real and Barca, his excellent reputation remains intact.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby kst » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:01 pm

you cant force anyone to stay, so yes, guardiola can leave if he wants to. regarding his rep id say it did suffer a bit. couple of years back everyone agreed Pep was the best, nowadays there are saying, mourinho, ancelotti, luis enrique even etc.
i must say i have my doubts about Pep, i consider him stubborn, with too big of an ego but he is at the moment the best to continue bayerns philosophy. he speaks german, knows the team, its staff and is a great tactician. he should continue at least until he wins the CL (which i believe is his target aswell). we shouldnt forget that in the past 2 seasons many of our main players were out injured.
kst
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby albanian7 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:57 pm

One thing is for certain in my eyes: he has to decide whether he'll stay or not. I don't want another last year like the one in Barca where he refused to talk to Txiki (who was his friend, much more than Kalle or Uli) about his contract, always saying "it's not the time" etc etc. The way Balague portrays it - and the book is widely regarded as correct and consistent - I would be mad if he pulls of the same thing with Bayern
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:25 pm

kst wrote:he speaks german

meh... ;) :P
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Ancelotti has beaten us every time he got the chance, German or not... He's definitely qualified for the spot. I wish we had the chance to beat his team once before joining us.
JANCKER

Postby ottackon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:14 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Wow, that must suck for Brendan Rodgers...
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AllensRoten » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:48 pm

You know how we've undergone that project to make us play more attractive football? Started off with Van Gaal, then the next stage was Heynckes, and finally its supposed to be Pep who completes the project. Its always been possession based since van gaal but theres been variations. What if we took it too far with Pep? What if the style should be more like Heynckes in order for our team to succeed? I'm talking about tactics ofcourse. We dominated Barca and all of Europe. I believe under those tactics we sacrificed a little bit of possession for a more direct approach. I do feel that sometimes Pep overcomplicates certain things on the pitch. I also remember seeing stats that we were the 2nd most possessive team. Well what if that's where we need to be instead of the no.1 most possessive team?

Now don't get me wrong most of the time I love Pep's genius tactics that only he sees. in addition, we've made some amazing acquisitions in terms of transfers. I think Pep's bayern was necessary for us to continue being a top 3 club in the world. He allowed us to transition from one generation to the other almost seamlessly. And I will be grateful once he leaves. Now I believe we need to go back a step and find someone more similar to Heynckes that imo would truly optimize our squad in terms of tactics to win a cl.

I think that person would be Ancelotti. With his experience and style of play I believe he can take Bayern to a cl final and win it, regardless of whether Pep wins it this yr or not. At this point I can consider myself comfortable with the idea of Pep not extending.

TL;DR. Ancelotti tactics remind me of Heynckes tactics and I believe those are the tactics that give Bayern the best possibilities of winning a CL.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby albanian7 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:48 pm

AllensRoten wrote:You know how we've undergone that project to make us play more attractive football? Started off with Van Gaal, then the next stage was Heynckes, and finally its supposed to be Pep who completes the project. Its always been possession based since van gaal but theres been variations. What if we took it too far with Pep? What if the style should be more like Heynckes in order for our team to succeed? I'm talking about tactics ofcourse. We dominated Barca and all of Europe. I believe under those tactics we sacrificed a little bit of possession for a more direct approach. I do feel that sometimes Pep overcomplicates certain things on the pitch. I also remember seeing stats that we were the 2nd most possessive team. Well what if that's where we need to be instead of the no.1 most possessive team?

Now don't get me wrong most of the time I love Pep's genius tactics that only he sees. in addition, we've made some amazing acquisitions in terms of transfers. I think Pep's bayern was necessary for us to continue being a top 3 club in the world. He allowed us to transition from one generation to the other almost seamlessly. And I will be grateful once he leaves. Now I believe we need to go back a step and find someone more similar to Heynckes that imo would truly optimize our squad in terms of tactics to win a cl.

I think that person would be Ancelotti. With his experience and style of play I believe he can take Bayern to a cl final and win it, regardless of whether Pep wins it this yr or not. At this point I can consider myself comfortable with the idea of Pep not extending.

TL;DR. Ancelotti tactics remind me of Heynckes tactics and I believe those are the tactics that give Bayern the best possibilities of winning a CL.

I agree with the rest of your post (when you talk about the long-term project), but Ancelotti's playstyle? Ancelotti doesn't have a playstyle. Which, in my humble opinions, has two results:

1. Makes me like him. Because unless Mou (park the bus), Pep (keep the ball), Klopp (gegenpressen), he isn't dogmatic. He has played differently in every team, heck, even differently in different matches. That's why he's a good cup manager - which brings us to the second point

2. The lack of a consistent playstyle is, again, in my humble opinion, one of the reasons why he has only three league titles, while coaching some sides that on paper, should have won every league title they'd compete for. One of the things both Bayern & Barca have in common is a consistent playstyle, which makes it easier to grind out victories when the team is not playing well - not in terms of luck, in terms of literally grinding out 3 points. It was the same for SAF days. That's the reason why I think that if it was a league competition, it would be between us & Barca - Real wouldn't challenge for it.
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:19 pm

That's... actually a pretty good assesment of what Ancelotti would bring to the table.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion