You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who's your favourite to succeed Pep as head coach ?

J. Klopp
33%
C. Ancelotti
18%
R. Schmidt
5%
L. Favre
10%
M. Weinzierl
1%
D. Hecking
1%
Unai Emery
1%
M. Allegri
1%
D. Simeone
No votes
A. Wenger
No votes
J. Mourinho
1%
M. Pellegrini
No votes
Leanardo Jardim
No votes
Another name (please specify who)
6%
Guardiola is the right man in the right place
22%

Total votes : 82

Re: Who do you want to coach Bayern if Pep leaves ?

Postby dambun » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:56 am

Thomas Tuchel
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby prasun77 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:30 am

I don't know why people want Klopp..then people will complain that we don't have much possession..don't dominate and loose the ball very often..also there will be more injuries due to his playing style..
If you are not satisfied with guardiola then you won't like klopp either..also I wonder how he will choose his players if he gets more money than mainz or bvb..

Lets go for a safer and better,in my opinion,option..don ancelotti!
BTW wouldn't mind pep staying either..I don't think many teams can keep a clean sheet against a CL team with NO CBs..

BTW low has as much chance of coming to bayern when pep leaves as SAF or Jupp..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:37 am

I wanted Klopp... but seeing those tweets reminded me of what I once heard Klopp say sometime in 2013... to an Italian tv station.
He said that he does not like to coach Big clubs... because he likes to beat them...
Therefore his destinations can be Tottenham / Lpool in England
RB Leipzig / B.Leverkusen in Germany ((if R.Schmidt comes to bayern)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby markinkol » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:43 am

I would go for Carlo if pep decides to leave.
markinkol
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:44 am

I like Carlo too but I think it will be another short term coach...
So I prefer someone who can create an era here. Preferably German.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:19 am

Echte Liebe des Gelds.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:51 pm

If he would go there he'd lose all of my respect - and I think that of many Dortmund Fans too - unless they're totally hypocritical...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:29 pm

I really want Pep to stay, but if he leaves, I'd like to see either Favre or Schmidt take the helm...
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby albanian7 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I have my problem with Klopp. It's a bigger question than a name.

LvG and Pep are micro-managers. They set up their teams in detailed tactical setups. Jupp was a little more flexible, letting the team play to its strengths but still building the tactics well.

Klopp and Ancelotti are different. They are not micro-management coaches. They won't say a player should run 5 metres to the right while Bernat tucks in and Thiago drifts to the right and passes the ball to Müller who then has to turn and cross it to Lewy to head it.

Will the team go from micro-managing to the Ancelotti way of "go there and do your best", or will the board look for another micro-manager
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:19 am

#12 wrote:If he would go there he'd lose all of my respect - and I think that of many Dortmund Fans too - unless they're totally hypocritical...

If he really goes there I doubt he'd care... because if he goes there, it all was a big fat disgusting lie. I don't know how to feel about this. I'd never thought he'd consider even going to ManCity, let alone RB Leipzig. If I were the betting type I'd have put my money on Liverpool. But the statement about smaller club projects that need help sounds more like RB Leipzig than Liverpool.

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:I really want Pep to stay, but if he leaves, I'd like to see either Favre or Schmidt take the helm...

Favre or Schmidt... it doesn't get much more different than them.

albanian7 wrote:I have my problem with Klopp. It's a bigger question than a name.

LvG and Pep are micro-managers. They set up their teams in detailed tactical setups. Jupp was a little more flexible, letting the team play to its strengths but still building the tactics well.

Klopp and Ancelotti are different. They are not micro-management coaches. They won't say a player should run 5 metres to the right while Bernat tucks in and Thiago drifts to the right and passes the ball to Müller who then has to turn and cross it to Lewy to head it.

Will the team go from micro-managing to the Ancelotti way of "go there and do your best", or will the board look for another micro-manager

I totally agree. One of many reasons I can't and don't want to see Klopp at Bayern.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dambun » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 am

I say no to Klopp, because his approach to the game exhausts players over time... especially considering that Bayern is supposed to be involved in all competitions all the time... we can't continuously use his playing style for a long period of time...!
and he does not have any other plan, or he has not shown that yet....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:26 am

This may well be a very outside and unpopular opinion, but Andre Villas-Boas will be available come the end of next year. He's one of my personal favourite managers and I would very much welcome him (he did come to our Qatar camp 2 years ago didn't he?).

Now hear me out. I think we've established that Klopp is an exceptional manager whose record speaks for itself but just does not fit with our philosophy (or our vision towards a philosophy), and AVB is quite the polar opposite, being relatively inexperienced but does have a style about him. His managerial approach is personal and he likes to win with style and attack, attack and attack; something very reminiscent of our current coach. He's the sort of coach you're looking for if you're not only looking to win, but to dominate. He has a very clear vision when establishing his tactics, nitpicks in player positioning and sticks to it but can go very wrong on a bad day (again, who does this remind me of?). His playing style is not too pass heavy, not to the point where we want to have as many players as possible surrounding the ball so that the ball doesn't get lost (unlike Pep). But he clearly aims to keep possession and ideally making the opponent helpless whenever the team have the ball. As a bonus, he attacks referees as well.

I don't think he's had the platform to truly establish himself as a world class manager, but now might be the right time in his career to do that (and he's still very young indeed). His two big successes, Porto and recently Zenit, are teams almost in the stature of Bayern in their respective leagues. He relatively failed in the Premier League due to the impatient nature of not only executive boards but also supporters. It can be argued that Chelsea and Tottenham are the more proper managerial challenges as opposed to Porto and Zenit, but Bayern aren't looking for someone to carry us to Champions League spots - we are already on top and we need someone to keep it that way. He has a vision, I think, which specifically requires exceptional and intelligent players (which is partly why he was inconsistent), but again we needn't worry about that because we already have a treasure chest worth of them. I think his biggest achievement so far is actually the record tally of points for Tottenham, as well as putting Gareth Bale on the world stage that season. Imagine what he can do with our players.

Now of course nothing's linking us with him so far, but it's looking more realistic than not because his contract expires when Pep's does. Yet still in the ideal world my preferences are firstly Pep to stay, Tuchel (only after what I saw from Dortmund, and he's not realistic anyways), Villas-Boas and then Jogi Loew.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:43 am

I'd have to pay more attention to Villas-Boas. I appreciate that he did good things before he moved to the EPL, and that the EPL's short-termism may have unfairly tarnished his reputation. I'm kind of suspicious of a manager that doesn't have experience playing, but Mourinho managed it and maybe it gives a different, broader perspective.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:08 am

I've forgot about him... I think he can do well here but what about the language barrier? I know he is in the same situation in Russia but still think that to be bayern coach one has to speak German.
TBh I ve forgot how he got sacked by Tott. I think they were a couple of points away from the 4th spot when he got the sack.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Burko » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:21 am

Please guys, leave that guy for Real Madrid :wink:
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion