You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What's your favourite Bayern game ever?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

What's your favourite Bayern game ever?

Postby tflags » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Please describe the reasons for your choice. Thanks, T.
tflags

Re: What's your favourite Bayern game ever?

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 pm

The CL final against Dortmund for obvious reasons. Neuer was a beast in the first half, and Ribery and Robbens combination in the final goal is probably the most iconic moment in modern Bayern history, pure wing dominance.
Since then I’m a sucker for the 7-1 demolition of Roma in the group stage in 14/15. It was probably the most dominant 90 minute performance I’ve ever witnessed. And to top it off it wasn’t a 7-1 win vs some Regionaliga team, it was against a fairly decent Roma at the time. Peps Bayern absolutely steamrolled them and everyone got a chance to put one on the scoresheet. It was beautiful.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:12 am

1) 12/13 - UCL Final Bayern vs Borussia Dortmund 2 - 1 (ucl glory)
2) 12/13 - UCL Semifinal Bayern vs Barcelona 4 - 0 (massive team display against Messi & co)
3) 13/14 - UEFA Super Cup Final Bayern vs Chelsea 5 - 4 (revenge)
4) 15/16 - UCL Last of 16 Bayern vs Juventus 4 - 2 (amazing comeback n1)
5) 09/10 - UCL Quarterfinals Bayern vs Manchester United 3 - 2 (amazing comeback n2)
6) Almost every other UCL game under Pep apart those against Spanish sides (so vs Arsenal, vs Man City, vs ManU, vs Porto, vs Roma)
7) When we trashed Hamburg under Van Gaal and the scorers were: Olic, Muller, Robben, Olic, Muller, Robben, Robben
8 ) 15/16 - The one against Wolfsburg when Lewandowski scored 5 goals in 9 minutes (what a performance by Lewy)
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:31 am

Gonna be a common choice, but first leg against Barcelona 2013. I couldn't believe Bayern would take it to Barcelona like that, the team that I'd watched trash Real Madrid so many times. Was disappointed that Messi had been struggling I wish he had been 100% to make it a perfect match.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Oggy121 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:14 am

09/10 - UCL Quarterfinals Manchester United vs Bayern: 3 - 2. Amazing comeback, Robben's super volley =D>
Oggy121
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:41 am

Well, tough question. There's the 2013 CL final for obvious reasons, but I think even more important than that, in my books, was the 2-1 win of the first leg against Man Utd in 2010. That Olic injury time winner sent me in a total frenetic celebration. It was the turning point of our club. We had finally become elite again.

The proudest moment of all though is probably not even winning the CL final but that resounding 7-0 thumping of what was widely considered the best team in the world (some were saying of all time). I'm not sure if any other club result ever shook football as much.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:31 am

I'm waitting for #12's choice. I know he has a hard timing chosing between Bayern's CL finals. The one vs Chelsea or the one vs United. :mrgreen:
tflags

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:32 am

Mine is vs Barca in 2013
&
Real in 2001
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:52 am

tflags wrote:I'm waitting for #12's choice. I know he has a hard timing chosing between Bayern's CL finals. The one vs Chelsea or the one vs United. :mrgreen:

I don't know about you guys, but the Chelsea one hit me more badly, because it just felt more unfair at the end.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:I'm waitting for #12's choice. I know he has a hard timing chosing between Bayern's CL finals. The one vs Chelsea or the one vs United. :mrgreen:

I don't know about you guys, but the Chelsea one hit me more badly, because it just felt more unfair at the end.
Against utd we hit the post twice...

At least vs Che we barely had a shot on goal...or did we? As I cancelled that match completely out of my mind
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Against utd we hit the post twice...

At least vs Che we barely had a shot on goal...or did we? As I cancelled that match completely out of my mind

Bayern vs Chelsea was statistically the most one-sided match in Champions League history, even including group stage matches, as far as total attempts (35) and corners (20) went, but only 7 shots were on target. Still there were times where we should've scored but didn't. More than vs Man Utd. For example, the action where Gomez turned on the inside of the RCB and, completely alone against Cech, shot high, comes to mind. I was already prepping myself to scream "GOAL" :(
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm not sure. There are three candidates for me, in the order which I think I prefer them:
1) First leg vs Barca, 2013. It was so unexpected and such a magnificent achievement. I think we all knew that day that we were going to win the treble. So in some respects it is more important than the actual final.
2) 2013 CL final. Not much to say really. Maybe objectively the game vs Barca was more of an achievement, but then the emotions felt when Robben scored that goal are unparalleled... except maybe Muller vs Chelsea.
3) Getafe, just because of the rollercoaster of emotions.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:08 pm

MUTU wrote:Bayern vs Chelsea was statistically the most one-sided match in Champions League history, even including group stage matches, as far as total attempts (35) and corners (20) went, but only 7 shots were on target. Still there were times where we should've scored but didn't. More than vs Man Utd.

35, really? This is an interesting time to bring this up, considering how EPL fans are currently going crazy over the 36 attempts Liverpool had last night. Most of them probably think Chelsea deserved to beat us or that the game wasn't one-sided.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm

For me the most enjoyable is by far the second leg vs Barcelona on that 7-0 humbling.

Tbh I didn't enjoy the CL final vs Dortmund 'cause honestly it was a nerve racking experiment from start to Robben running towards the stands before the ball crossed the goal line.

The first leg vs Barcelona was perhaps more so, specially when Mueller got away with man handling Jordi Alba and the latter throwing the ball at Robben's face as a petulant child.

Priceless.

The SuperCup vs Chelsea as simply too exhausting to consider and I thought we coulda played better with only Javi saving the platewear at the end.

So that leaves me with the Barza trahsing confirmation, at the Nou Camp, with a beautiful Robben classic, a by then classic Air Mueller and last but not least an inspiring Piqué own goal. There wasn't a single Barza fan that didn't bow to the new world order that night. To top things off it was a local holiday here so that meant the entire roster of petulant Madrid fans had no other choice but to watch in awe what all those fancy overpaid divas couldn't do after a decade trying: Perch Barza off their pedestal.

That afternoon right after the game I just walked into a Madrid conclave with the most annoying grin you could imagine and went, "hi there b!tches; how about that Mueller?" :lol:
tflags

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm not sure. There are three candidates for me, in the order which I think I prefer them:
1) First leg vs Barca, 2013. It was so unexpected and such a magnificent achievement. I think we all knew that day that we were going to win the treble. So in some respects it is more important than the actual final.
2) 2013 CL final. Not much to say really. Maybe objectively the game vs Barca was more of an achievement, but then the emotions felt when Robben scored that goal are unparalleled... except maybe Muller vs Chelsea.
3) Getafe, just because of the rollercoaster of emotions.

Ah yes Getafe was a good one. I remember having to explain to a confused and non-celebrating ramsej84 (in real life) that we were going to go through on away goals rule and that a penalty shootout was out of the question :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion