You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What's your favourite Bayern game ever?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: What's your favourite Bayern game ever?

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Bayern vs Chelsea was statistically the most one-sided match in Champions League history, even including group stage matches, as far as total attempts (35) and corners (20) went, but only 7 shots were on target. Still there were times where we should've scored but didn't. More than vs Man Utd.

35, really? This is an interesting time to bring this up, considering how EPL fans are currently going crazy over the 36 attempts Liverpool had last night. Most of them probably think Chelsea deserved to beat us or that the game wasn't one-sided.

What? No fan thinks Chelsea deserved to beat us, not even Chelsea fans. Only trolls and idiots do. Also, 35 is from Wikipedia. ESPN says 43 shots. In any case it's more or less one shot every 3 minutes of playing time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm not sure. There are three candidates for me, in the order which I think I prefer them:
1) First leg vs Barca, 2013. It was so unexpected and such a magnificent achievement. I think we all knew that day that we were going to win the treble. So in some respects it is more important than the actual final.
2) 2013 CL final. Not much to say really. Maybe objectively the game vs Barca was more of an achievement, but then the emotions felt when Robben scored that goal are unparalleled... except maybe Muller vs Chelsea.
3) Getafe, just because of the rollercoaster of emotions.

Ah yes Getafe was a good one. I remember having to explain to a confused and non-celebrating ramsej84 (in real life) that we were going to go through on away goals rule and that a penalty shootout was out of the question :lol:

Hahahahaha... I was watching at home but I was waiting for penalties too. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm not sure. There are three candidates for me, in the order which I think I prefer them:
1) First leg vs Barca, 2013. It was so unexpected and such a magnificent achievement. I think we all knew that day that we were going to win the treble. So in some respects it is more important than the actual final.
2) 2013 CL final. Not much to say really. Maybe objectively the game vs Barca was more of an achievement, but then the emotions felt when Robben scored that goal are unparalleled... except maybe Muller vs Chelsea.
3) Getafe, just because of the rollercoaster of emotions.

Ah yes Getafe was a good one. I remember having to explain to a confused and non-celebrating ramsej84 (in real life) that we were going to go through on away goals rule and that a penalty shootout was out of the question
I remember recounting this... I was not aware that goals away count in extra time as well....

Imo this is not fair.... as the luck of the draw has a big say in this.

Away goals in extra time should not count
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 pm

tflags wrote:I'm waitting for #12's choice. I know he has a hard timing chosing between Bayern's CL finals. The one vs Chelsea or the one vs United. :mrgreen:
Post of the month. xD

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Away goals in extra time should not count

I'm generally in favour of abolishing the away goals rule in general, but as far as extra time is concerned for me it makes sense. The home team already has the advantage of playing 30 extra minutes and a potential penalty shootout at their own stadium... having the away goals rule in extra time is a means of balancing things out.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 pm

tflags wrote:I'm waitting for #12's choice. I know he has a hard timing chosing between Bayern's CL finals. The one vs Chelsea or the one vs United. :mrgreen:

Assuming he doesn't surprise us with the '88 EC final against Porto :mrgreen:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:28 pm

I still slightly shake my head at Müller and Mandžukić running around with their white undershirts always hanging out. This must be how the old school look at my generation constantly untucking our shirts after we walk onto the pitch.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion