You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Statistics Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The Statistics Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:43 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:35 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Insanity. The English premium is preposterous. The likes of Rashford aren't even that special.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Greenwood
Rashford

Lololol

Mount and Foden are gold agreed on those
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:13 pm

De Jong being worth more than Kimmich makes that whole list a joke lol
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:36 pm

Well, i guess it's reasonable to have a "Bayern discount" after all, were the club who sold Toni Kroos for 25m
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:46 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Well, i guess it's reasonable to have a "Bayern discount" after all, were the club who sold Toni Kroos for 25m

If Kimmich tells us he wants to leave, we'll probably ASK FOR 35m tops, then go ahead and sign someone like Casemiro as replacement for 80m and boast about the bargain we made.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Well, i guess it's reasonable to have a "Bayern discount" after all, were the club who sold Toni Kroos for 25m

If Kimmich tells us he wants to leave, we'll probably ASK FOR 35m tops, then go ahead and sign someone like Casemiro as replacement for 80m and boast about the bargain we made.
Exactly what I meant hahaha
PunkCapitalist

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Its a joke that this age thing makes its so irrelevant. They all cant even kiss Lewa's or Messi's ass, still..
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:11 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Its a joke that this age thing makes its so irrelevant. They all cant even kiss Lewa's or Messi's ass, still..

It is what it is. Age is a critical factor in transfer fees. The list is not meant to be read as the best 10 players on the planet.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:10 pm

No clue what de Jong is doing there tho. I don't even think he is a starter.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Its a joke that this age thing makes its so irrelevant. They all cant even kiss Lewa's or Messi's ass, still..

It is what it is. Age is a critical factor in transfer fees. The list is not meant to be read as the best 10 players on the planet.

I know it aint. But some of those guys on that list had 1 okay or good season. Even Davies after last season with that value is a joke tbh..
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:51 pm

It's hard for me to figure why de Jong is there as well though I guess there are a couple of factors that might be working in his favor.

Funny enough I would expect that in his particular case it's his previous transfer fee that's likely led to that value being inflated a bit. I would suspect that this is a consideration in however their algorithm works - think of it as not just how much a player is "worth" but also how much their club would really sell them for. In that sense...I suspect Barca would probably be happy to sell for less than 140m BUT given that he just transferred at 85m you would probably expect that they're not prepared to sell for less than that sum at minimum - at least not right now.

Then you have age - just 24 and still presumably yet to hit his prime - and contract status. He's under contract until 2026, so that longer-term deal at least in theory gives Barca more leverage with regards to a potential sale.

If I had to guess, the same is probably true to some degree for a player like Felix, who kind of had an up-and-down season but of course is just 21, contract until 2026, and a recent 127m transfer. To be fair I can't think of why Felix would be rated lower than de Jong by those measures, except for maybe the idea that Barca are still perhaps viewed as a bigger club - and consequently one who is a less likely 'seller' - than Atletico, so maybe that's it.

Anyways, all that being said, I find that CIES generally tends to be a bit on the high-end of player valuations while on the flip side I think Transfermarkt is often more on the low-end. Nobody is going to pay 190m for Phil Foden (CIES), but at the same time if you came and offered 80m (Transfermarkt) that probably wouldn't even be enough to get City to pick up the phone. Nobody's paying 178m for Greenwood, but Manchester United would just laugh at you if you only tabled a 50m offer (Transfermarkt). And so on. Broadly speaking I think that if you kind of average out the two's valuations you might end up with a price that's perhaps a little closer to reality, IMO.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:51 pm

CIES has developed an exclusive Index to assess the performance of football players on an objective basis. This unique tool allows users to filter footballers per league, position and age. It is possible to focus on specific players’ profiles, as extensively done by club representatives from a scouting perspective.

They are so much math to put up these numbers, that I feel like John Horton Conway while looking at them.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion