You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Statistics Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The Statistics Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Yes, I know. My point was that Coman needing 10 minutes less on the pitch to assist doesn't make him our top assister (as remarkable as I think he is). Kimmich is doing so more regularly and consistently. What I wanted to point out was that it tends to be easier to maintain a good record with less playing time. As another example, I think we can agree that one is much more likely to maintain a 90% win record over 10 games than over 100.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Current best 20 field players by goalimpact(because keepers are on average rated higher and would screw up the chart):
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Neuer, Muller, Hummels, Thiago, Boateng, and Lewandowksi are rated as our best players in that order(and who would disagree?). The only real surprises (for me) are Morata and Vestergaad, plus Pogba being rated the highest.

Also, best retired field players by estimated peak goalimpact:
The ones that I noticed immediately were Ronaldo, Puskas, Van Buyten, Guardiola, Rijkaard, Luca Toni, Vieira, Di Stefano, Dieter Hoeneß, and Cruyff.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 am

Manchu wrote:Current best 20 field players by goalimpact(because keepers are on average rated higher and would screw up the chart):
Neuer, Muller, Hummels, Thiago, Boateng, and Lewandowksi are rated as our best players in that order(and who would disagree?). The only real surprises (for me) are Morata and Vestergaad, plus Pogba being rated the highest.

Also, best retired field players by estimated peak goalimpact:
The ones that I noticed immediately were Ronaldo, Puskas, Van Buyten, Guardiola, Rijkaard, Luca Toni, Vieira, Di Stefano, Dieter Hoeneß, and Cruyff.
So, according to Goalimpact, Badstuber is currently at the same level as Cristiano Ronaldo who are both worse than the Vestergaard. This completely discredits GI to me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:26 am

MUTU wrote:So, according to Goalimpact, Badstuber is currently at the same level as Cristiano Ronaldo who are both worse than the Vestergaard. This completely discredits GI to me.

Look at CR7's peak of 193.4(lower than the peaks of only six players total and only two other attackers). The main reason he's rated so "lowly"(like 17th best player in the world is low) is because of aging(in fact, he's by far the oldest player in the top 20). Aging is also why Mario Gomez doesn't quite make the top 20 list anymore(although he's probably still rated as within the top 30). And, of course, Badstuber probably isn't properly appreciated due to being injured for so long. Vestergaard was a surprise and is maybe slightly overrated, but surprises kind of increase the validity and usefulness of the statistic:
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 am

Sergio Ramos became the most booked player in the UCL history ...

By comparison, the Spaniard has remained relatively trouble free in the Champions League, being sent off only three times despite his considerable yellow card count.

Ramos has never been sent off in 158 games for the Spanish national team. [source]

of-course
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:18 am

When was the last time that no Bayern player was in the Top 8 and Top 7 of Goals and Assists?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:53 am

Jorge wrote:When was the last time that no Bayern player was in the Top 8 and Top 7 of Goals and Assists?

Probably when the Friday opening match didn't involve Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm guessing the 9th and 8th players respectively are Bayern players? Still a damning statistic, but the full table would say the same thing.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Bayern in the last 3 league games (Augsburg, Hertha, Gladbach):

53 shots
1 goal

Robert Lewandowski has only had 12 touches of the ball against Gladbach. That's the least he has ever had in the Bundesliga when played 90 minutes.

The gap between Bayern's midfield and attack is 21.9 meters on average this season. Last season, it was only 20.1 meters.

Bayern have only scored 8 goals from open play this season (Dortmund lead with 18 goals)

5 out of the 8 goals Bayern conceded this season have come from the left side of the defense.
One thing has improved though, no goals were conceded from counter attacks.

The departure of Arturo Vidal weighs heavily. Vidal has won 26 defensive duels per game last season. No Bayern player has won more last or this season.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:00 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Bayern in the last 3 league games (Augsburg, Hertha, Gladbach):

53 shots
1 goal

Robert Lewandowski has only had 12 touches of the ball against Gladbach. That's the least he has ever had in the Bundesliga when played 90 minutes.

The gap between Bayern's midfield and attack is 21.9 meters on average this season. Last season, it was only 20.1 meters.

Bayern have only scored 8 goals from open play this season (Dortmund lead with 18 goals)

5 out of the 8 goals Bayern conceded this season have come from the left side of the defense.

The departure of Arturo Vidal weighs heavily. Vidal has won 26 defensive duels per game last season. No Bayern player has won more last or this season.
Fair analysis, but I don't agree with the Vidal thing.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Bayern in the last 3 league games (Augsburg, Hertha, Gladbach):

53 shots
1 goal

Fair analysis, but I don't agree with the Vidal thing.

Tend to agree....we have our fair share of problems but I haven't yet watched a match and thought "Everything would be okay if we'd just kept Vidal"....If I were to list the main problems the team has at the moment, I'm not sure "no Vidal" would make the top-10...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Especially when you see how bad he is doing in Barça...
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Player who started 70 % of the time in Bayern is a benchwarmer in Barca.
Max Meyer - a star in Schalke has played 174 minutes so far for Crystal Palace.

Compare the level then.
:coffee:
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion