You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Statistics Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: The Statistics Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Yes, I know. My point was that Coman needing 10 minutes less on the pitch to assist doesn't make him our top assister (as remarkable as I think he is). Kimmich is doing so more regularly and consistently. What I wanted to point out was that it tends to be easier to maintain a good record with less playing time. As another example, I think we can agree that one is much more likely to maintain a 90% win record over 10 games than over 100.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Current best 20 field players by goalimpact(because keepers are on average rated higher and would screw up the chart):
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Neuer, Muller, Hummels, Thiago, Boateng, and Lewandowksi are rated as our best players in that order(and who would disagree?). The only real surprises (for me) are Morata and Vestergaad, plus Pogba being rated the highest.

Also, best retired field players by estimated peak goalimpact:
The ones that I noticed immediately were Ronaldo, Puskas, Van Buyten, Guardiola, Rijkaard, Luca Toni, Vieira, Di Stefano, Dieter Hoeneß, and Cruyff.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 am

Manchu wrote:Current best 20 field players by goalimpact(because keepers are on average rated higher and would screw up the chart):
Neuer, Muller, Hummels, Thiago, Boateng, and Lewandowksi are rated as our best players in that order(and who would disagree?). The only real surprises (for me) are Morata and Vestergaad, plus Pogba being rated the highest.

Also, best retired field players by estimated peak goalimpact:
The ones that I noticed immediately were Ronaldo, Puskas, Van Buyten, Guardiola, Rijkaard, Luca Toni, Vieira, Di Stefano, Dieter Hoeneß, and Cruyff.
So, according to Goalimpact, Badstuber is currently at the same level as Cristiano Ronaldo who are both worse than the Vestergaard. This completely discredits GI to me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:26 am

MUTU wrote:So, according to Goalimpact, Badstuber is currently at the same level as Cristiano Ronaldo who are both worse than the Vestergaard. This completely discredits GI to me.

Look at CR7's peak of 193.4(lower than the peaks of only six players total and only two other attackers). The main reason he's rated so "lowly"(like 17th best player in the world is low) is because of aging(in fact, he's by far the oldest player in the top 20). Aging is also why Mario Gomez doesn't quite make the top 20 list anymore(although he's probably still rated as within the top 30). And, of course, Badstuber probably isn't properly appreciated due to being injured for so long. Vestergaard was a surprise and is maybe slightly overrated, but surprises kind of increase the validity and usefulness of the statistic:
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion