You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who is better?

Thomas Müller
55%
Philippe Coutinho
45%

Total votes : 29

Re: Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 am

zozon wrote:We can carry on with a substanstive discussion when any of you xG worshippers stop using that PREDICTION based, imaginative "what could have happened" shite.

We can carry on with a substantive discussion when you stop the non-rational love for players simply for having played in the EPL. That's the pattern I've seen: Hudson-Odoi, Sané and Coutinho are hyped up (more than they deserve, relative speaking) just because they played in the Premier League.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 am

This topic insults me as a Bayern fan and my definition of a football fan. :roll:

None of them has anything against Bayern, they do their job as best as they can at the moment given the fact how much time Müller plays and so on and in what kind of condition Coutinho is, but for the fans this isn't enough.

Müller can whine as much as he want to and use his old glory days to achieve his goals, but he is professional therefore the German must respect decisions of his coach like everyone else and stop with that.

Both have so much to prove here and the only problem might be if Niko Kovač doesn't give enough games to Müller so he could perform and see if he can do something better than last 3 seasons. So far he hasn't given the German forward what it takes to see all this.
Stats as stats are irrelevant for me if I don't see a real influence from a player on the pitch.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby zozon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 am

MUTU wrote:
zozon wrote:We can carry on with a substanstive discussion when any of you xG worshippers stop using that PREDICTION based, imaginative "what could have happened" shite.

We can carry on with a substantive discussion when you stop the non-rational love for players simply for having played in the EPL. That's the pattern I've seen: Hudson-Odoi, Sané and Coutinho are hyped up (more than they deserve, relative speaking) just because they played in the Premier League.

Love for players?

- Whats wrong with Sane? Dont tell me I am the only one that wants Sane at Bayern from this forum. Questioning Sane now, are you? Or just using him to blame me for some imaginable love to players that play/played in the EPL? Ridiculous.
- I never hyped Odoi, you must have me mixed up with somebody else.
- I do not love Coutinho as much as you love Muller. Somebody has to do the balance and counter that Muller-love you propagate so much.

Now please tell me more about xG and its computer generated data and its prediction based formula. I still wonder how you push xG in here, which is basically a prediction tool. Its not even a stat, its a "what could be" shit invented by Opta.
Nice of you going by a prediction formula. Can you please email Opta to invent a lottery prediction tool also, maybe I'll fill out a ballot or two.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:05 am

About that Coman "chance":

https://youtu.be/qNLLc2okbcc

Its at 07:07 in this video. Tell me how the FAK is that rated above Gnabry's post at that shite xG imaginative "stat"?
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Müller had the perfect chance yesterday to add up one or two goals to his empty stats

He came in fresh for the last 10 minutes against a team that

1- was tired after 80 minutes of effort
2- was leaving plenty of space at the back as they desperatedly tried to equalize

If you compare that to Coutinho who had no physical advantage and played against a compact defense then you would expect Müller to do better.

But he didn't. He actually did it worse

What bullshit

Have you ever played? Came into a running game?

Also tired? Kidding me? How come they score a goal and have another near sitter in the last two minutes then?

Lastly, HOW did he do worse exactly?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:39 am

This coming from the guy who advises others to "get educated" and to "use your eyes" - and then says Müller messed up the chance that in actuality Goretzka did
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:40 am

Fénix wrote:This topic insults me as a Bayern fan and my definition of a football fan. :roll:

None of them has anything against Bayern, they do their job as best as they can at the moment given the fact how much time Müller plays and so on and in what kind of condition Coutinho is, but for the fans this isn't enough.

Müller can whine as much as he want to and use his old glory days to achieve his goals, but he is professional therefore the German must respect decisions of his coach like everyone else and stop with that.

Both have so much to prove here and the only problem might be if Niko Kovač doesn't give enough games to Müller so he could perform and see if he can do something better than last 3 seasons. So far he hasn't given the German forward what it takes to see all this.
Stats as stats are irrelevant for me if I don't see a real influence from a player on the pitch.

"Coach"???
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:44 am

zozon wrote:About that Coman "chance":

https://youtu.be/qNLLc2okbcc

Its at 07:07 in this video. Tell me how the FAK is that rated above Gnabry's post at that shite xG imaginative "stat"?

Can you also tell us how at 10:42 it's Müller? Except for listening to the commentary? Well we already know you believe everything SOME people serve you...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Exactly. People who dispute the use of statistics such as xG and Goalimpact are people who just plainly do not understand statistics or have no clue what they're looking at.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t something like scorer points per minute played affected by how many minutes are played, though? Meaning, not statistically but in practice. Say a player plays just 10 minutes in 5 games and scores in those 10 minutes, and another plays 90 monitors in each of those games and scores a goal per game, wouldn’t the statistic be in favour of the first player?

Maybe I am wrong but it seems to me that the less you play the easier it is to maintain good statistics if you happened to be in good form at the time. As in, the more a player plays the more he needs to be consistent to maintain a statistic comparable to the player who just happened to have a good 10 minutes and hardly ever plays.

I don’t mean this in relation to this particular discussion. I’m sure Müller has a very large number of minutes played and probably greater than Coutinho’s. Just an observation.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:51 pm

Actually the fewer minutes you play per match, the more difficult it is because players need time to settle in to a match. When you start a match you're playing against other players who are also settling in, but when you come on in the 80th minute, everyone's settled in well. Especially yesterday for Mueller where he came on at a time where his teammates were more tired than the opposition and trying to maintain their lead (eg defenders passing to each other) without any urgency in the play. It's difficult to make something in those conditions. He almost pulled a mini-miracle, but since he didn't the haters will criticise.

As for the rest it's basic maths. It's playing minutes divided by the number of scorer points (goals + assists).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:56 pm

MUTU wrote:He almost pulled a mini-miracle, but since he didn't the haters will criticise.

Ah yes, pulled the mini-miracle of not killing an innocent fan in the front row.

I'm still waiting on a response of how that Coman "chance" is better xG rated than the Gnabry post.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pm

zozon wrote:
MUTU wrote:He almost pulled a mini-miracle, but since he didn't the haters will criticise.

Ah yes, pulled the mini-miracle of not killing an innocent fan in the front row.

I'm still waiting on a response of how that Coman "chance" is better xG rated than the Gnabry post.
I can't answer it because I was fetching a beer when Gnabry hit the post. But maybe you can answer why you think it was Mueller who missed the 3v2 pass to Lewandowski after missing his shot.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Ed. wrote:I think Coutinho is a very good player, but no way a 120m player. There can be better options for that price, not that Bayern would pay that anyway even if Coutinho scored hattricks in every round and won the CL :roll: .

However, I've never been a fan of Mueller and he is a little above an average player. All this rubbish about determination, making the most of your ability and being a role model :roll: . Well that may be the case in the BL but not at the very top and across the top CL teams. The others are filled with players who have all the non-technical qualities Muller has in spades and also world class skill.

I’ve got news for you champ. Bayern are NOT winning the UCL this season either way so I’d much rather prefer we don’t screw up the BL and stay on course for the historic 10/10 achievement by winning our 8th successive Bundesliga Championship.

Currently with Müller being constantly snubbed we are even jeopardizing what we have by constantly dropping points in the BL.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:36 pm

America USA wrote:I’ve got news for you champ. Bayern are NOT winning the UCL this season either way.

So why do you watch Bayern this season AT ALL if you think that Bayern doesnt have a shot at the UCL in OCTOBER? Are you a masochist?

That's not realism, thats pretty stupid thing to think and preach about, certainly thats one part of the definition of an anti-fan. Why do you brag yourself watching Bayern games and following anything Bayern-related and even more, why do you brag us about anything Bayern related? You are even doing it in a pretty retarded way "I’ve got news for you champ". Wow, you must have some complexes of a higher value or you have some magic ball to see the future. If you dont have that ball or you arent some kind of a prophet - just STFU and let us enjoy the season!

If I dont think a club I love will accomplish something in May (when its fakin OCTOBER) - I would certainly stop being a fan of the club and will go find greener pastures. Just stop being a Bayern fan, the fanbase certainly doesnt want or need "fans" like you that give up on the CL when Bayern is leading the CL group and its October.

I won't give up on Bayern even if we lose 4-0 at the QF first-leg. Thats not a hopeless, blind thing to do, thats what fans are all about. But what am I talking about, you are lost on the F letter of the fans word.
Last edited by zozon on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby Hardrade » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:39 pm

You don’t have to believe Bayern will win UCL to watch your favorite club. You reek of plastic. :lol: :lol:
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion