You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who is better?

Thomas Müller
55%
Philippe Coutinho
45%

Total votes : 29

Re: Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:47 pm

And you're saying that he's the only reason why Boateng was send off and why we played so bad ?
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:48 pm

OhioFan wrote:This conversation is useless until Kovac is gone. I'll gladly rejoin at that time.

No it’s a factor... Even with Kovac this team had a good run until forcing in Coutinho...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:48 pm

Coutinho had a good chance to score, and had he scored, we'd have likely won the match. However, he knew Boateng was at the back so he purposely lost the ball instead of scoring. By far his greatest contribution to the club so far!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:49 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:And you're saying that he's the only reason why Boateng was send off and why we played so bad ?

He’s got a big chunk of the blame...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:54 pm

#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:And you're saying that he's the only reason why Boateng was send off and why we played so bad ?

Yes, this is actually a usual conclusion in which I agree with you - when the team is winning, not much appreciation, but when the team is losing of course you blame your best players. :thumbup:
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:57 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
#12 wrote:

Yes, this is actually a usual conclusion in which I agree with you - when the team is winning, not much appreciation, but when the team is losing of course you blame your best players. :thumbup:

Oh please what the fuck in the world warrants calling him one of our "best players"? That fucker would probably mess up placing a glass if water in my fridge!
But yeah, it'd be close to his hands all the time...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:58 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
#12 wrote:

No one is blaming Lewandowski thought, right?
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby GoatHCW » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:14 pm

Kinda. He couldn’t handle a simple pass that should have been an easy goal. He lost the ball, they countered and the rest is history.
But what started that chain of events? Coutinho
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:12 pm

He lost the ball 75 meters away from our goalie, but whatever.

1234.png

I forgot that we play futsal with only 4 outfield players. Denial that bias exists gives it more power. :thumbup: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:16 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:He lost the ball 75 meters away from our goalie, but whatever.

1234.png

I forgot that we play futsal with only 4 outfield players. Denial that bias exists gives it more power. :thumbup: :roll:

We're not good at defending that and yes there was still a way to stop it... But bias or not it was a decisive factor and it was piss poor...

I even agree that at this point I AM biased... But that bias is your fault by writing nonsense like "best players" when talking about him... Maybe it'll change with another coach but no Coutinho lover in this thread has stated the obvious yet: he is THE disappointment of the season so far!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:He lost the ball 75 meters away from our goalie, but whatever.

1234.png

Only ones with the bias here are the Müller haters like yourself.

Just imagine for a second that it was Thomas who had lost the ball like Philippe “Best Player” Coutinho did today and that had led to an eventual collapse and catastrophe. You and the other fanatics of the Brazilian would be ripping into Thomas for being finished and “directly” responsible for the defeat.

I’m no Müller lover myself and CERTAIN users here have called me out for unnecessarily criticizing Thomas in the past but I cannot stand the double standards that the propagandists here have when apologizing for Coutinho.

On current form both players are pretty bad but most definitely Coutinho doesn’t deserve to be a guaranteed starter anymore!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:47 pm

1234.png

I forgot that we play futsal with only 4 outfield players. Denial that bias exists gives it more power. :roll:

Yes, with cOUTinho's salary roughly as much as the entire Frankfurt XI's you'd expect him to at least pass if the so-called magician can't dribble.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Feels like arguing over who to start in the Olympics: the guy that runs the 100m in 35 seconds or in 36 ( Coutinho being 36... )
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:33 pm

I agree that neither Muller nor Coutinho will be at their best level so long as Kovac is the coach, so the comparison is probably not SUPER valuable at the moment.

That being said: I don't think Kovac impacts either one selectively. The negative impact of Kovac's management likely hits them both equally, no more or less for the other. Coutinho has suffered from Kovac's management as much as Muller has and vice-versa. And even with that being said: Muller has simply been the better player lately - better today, better vs Bochum, better vs Union, better vs Olympiacos, etc. And of course while one could claim it's been against weaker opposition, at the same time Coutinho's best performances have came against the likes of Paderborn and Köln, so I don't think that is a particularly strong argument one way or another.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Coutinho and was quite excited to have him join us, but at the moment I have a very hard time making much of a quantifiable argument as to why he is "better" - or at bare minimum why he should be playing more than Muller at the moment.
And perhaps unfortunately for him - everything will have to be viewed through the lens of his price tag - and at the moment he is not really very close at all to living up to it, which I think naturally negatively impacts one's perception of his performances. It's not just that they're "okay" or even "bad" performances, but they're that level of performance from one of the team's highest earners who would be one of the most expensive transfers in history were we to make it permanently. You have to expect more, I think.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:39 pm

aterford wrote:I agree that neither Muller nor Coutinho will be at their best level so long as Kovac is the coach, so the comparison is probably not SUPER valuable at the moment.

That being said: I don't think Kovac impacts either one selectively. The negative impact of Kovac's management likely hits them both equally, no more or less for the other. Coutinho has suffered from Kovac's management as much as Muller has and vice-versa. And even with that being said: Muller has simply been the better player lately - better today, better vs Bochum, better vs Union, better vs Olympiacos, etc. And of course while one could claim it's been against weaker opposition, at the same time Coutinho's best performances have came against the likes of Paderborn and Köln, so I don't think that is a particularly strong argument one way or another.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Coutinho and was quite excited to have him join us, but at the moment I have a very hard time making much of a quantifiable argument as to why he is "better" - or at bare minimum why he should be playing more than Muller at the moment.
And perhaps unfortunately for him - everything will have to be viewed through the lens of his price tag - and at the moment he is not really very close at all to living up to it, which I think naturally negatively impacts one's perception of his performances. It's not just that they're "okay" or even "bad" performances, but they're that level of performance from one of the team's highest earners who would be one of the most expensive transfers in history were we to make it permanently. You have to expect more, I think.

This might be the first productive comment in this entire thread. Not a hate fest spewed either direction
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion