You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who is better?

Thomas Müller
55%
Philippe Coutinho
45%

Total votes : 29

Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm

I get Coutinho hasn’t been killing it, but the man has been on the team for less than 6 months on top of having ZERO preseason prior to joining us. In my opinion it’s no surprise that Muller has looked more comfortable and effective compared to Coutinho at the start of this season. I have always been a patient guy and I am sure the decision makers at Bayern are not as impatient or trigger happy as our fans.

Coutinho has still shown he is a highly technical player and highly resistant to press in the middle, and has taken a lot of that press away from Thiago. The signs are there that he will come good given time and we are yet to see his best.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:40 pm

What I'd like to do when I have some time is the goals we score per 90 and goals we concede per 90 when neither player is on the pitch, when Coutinho alone is on the pitch, when Mueller alone is on the pitch and when both of them are on the pitch.

I have no idea what the results will look like, but given that Coutinho plays more defensively than Mueller and is different in style as well, but I think it would be a fair comparison.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:42 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Yes, we don't.
I've got no problem accepting the view of people, there are positives and negatives in everything in our life, not everything is black and white.

Well, definitely...
But one thing is for sure: I cannot for the life if me understand why someone us making a case for this deadweight player that costs us a fortune for near zero payback... Regardless of Müller...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I get Coutinho hasn’t been killing it, but the man has been on the team for less than 6 months on top of having ZERO preseason prior to joining us. In my opinion it’s no surprise that Muller has looked more comfortable and effective compared to Coutinho at the start of this season. I have always been a patient guy and I am sure the decision makers at Bayern are not as impatient or trigger happy as our fans.

Coutinho has still shown he is a highly technical player and highly resistant to press in the middle, and has taken a lot of that press away from Thiago. The signs are there that he will come good given time and we are yet to see his best.

Makaay, Xabi Alonso, Robben, Ribéry, Martinez...

See what these players have in common... And I haven’t even included players that cane here and had a little preseason and were working right away...

That’s a lame excuse... He’s had like 10 games and they’re getting worse, not better...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:03 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I get Coutinho hasn’t been killing it, but the man has been on the team for less than 6 months on top of having ZERO preseason prior to joining us. In my opinion it’s no surprise that Muller has looked more comfortable and effective compared to Coutinho at the start of this season. I have always been a patient guy and I am sure the decision makers at Bayern are not as impatient or trigger happy as our fans.

See what these players have in common... And I haven’t even included players that cane here and had a little preseason and were working right away...

That’s a lame excuse... He’s had like 10 games and they’re getting worse, not better...

Google "Affirming the Consequent".

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Dietmar Hamann: Thomas Müller is more important for Bayern than Coutinho

Dietmar Hamann believes it would be 'fatal' for Bayern München to let Thomas Müller go in the winter.

Müller has been linked with a January exit after slipping down the pecking order at Allianz Arena, but Hamann believes he is too important to be sold.

On the other hand, the former German international isn't impressed with Philippe Coutinho who has kept Müller out of the starting eleven a number of times.

"One thing is clear to me: Letting Thomas Müller go in the winter would be fatal. On the one hand because I believe he's more valuable for the team than Philippe Coutinho and on the other hand because he is the last great identification figure of this team. His words have so much weight in the dressing room," Hamann wrote in a column for Sky and added:

"I also think that Coutinho is not currently helping the team. There is a difference between not playing well and playing badly. Coutinho is playing badly at the moment. He's on loan for a year, has already played several games for Bayern, and I don't think he has improved so far. That's why I would clearly let Müller play against Union Berlin this weekend, centrally behind Lewandowski." [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:

It’s just a lame excuse is all... From a player that costs 40m a season I expect more than being dragged along till Christmas - IF he ever gets out of that role...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:37 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="Firefox1234"]I get Coutinho hasn’t been killing it, but the man has been on the team for less than 6 months on top of having ZERO preseason prior to joining us. In my opinion it’s no surprise that Muller has looked more comfortable and effective compared to Coutinho at the start of this season. I have always been a patient guy and I am sure the decision makers at Bayern are not as impatient or trigger happy as our fans.

It’s just a lame excuse is all... From a player that costs 40m a season I expect more than being dragged along till Christmas - IF he ever gets out of that role...[/quote]
I understand why one has high expectations for Coutinho but doesn’t mean we stop thinking rationally. Even the great Robert Pires shit the bed his first season at Arsenal and then the rest is history. I have no idea of Coutinho will come good but I have seen enough to be patience and expectant of what is to come.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:33 pm

Wonder what the 13 fanboys have to say :coffee:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Coutinho is a blessing - without his masterful sabotage Kovač wouldn’t be so close to sacking!
Hardrade
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Hardrade wrote:Coutinho is a blessing - without his masterful sabotage Kovač wouldn’t be so close to sacking!

Agreed... Only value he adds to the team...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:39 pm

America USA wrote:Wonder what the 13 fanboys have to say :coffee:

So where is the goal and assists from Müller today ? He played around 60 minutes and he was expected to score and assist couple of times, right ?
Fuck this shit.
Stop being delusional and open your eyes for our biggest problem.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:40 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:

So where is the goal and assists from Müller today ? He played around 60 minutes and he was expected to score and assist couple of times, right ?
**** this shit.

Doesn’t mean others aren’t there... It’s not about Müller, Coutinho cost us the game today!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby OhioFan » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:42 pm

This conversation is useless until Kovac is gone. I'll gladly rejoin at that time.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:44 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:

**** this shit.

At least Müller didn’t directly contribute to the disaster by allowing Frankfurt to counter and get Boateng in the perfect place to commit a Boafart.

Coutinho should’ve taken the shot instead of tipping around. At least Müller would’ve blasted it into the stands or hit it straight at the keeper.
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion