You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 pm

We get midfielders who can score, if need be. With wingers we almost certainly won't be able to get top class players.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We get midfielders who can score, if need be. With wingers we almost certainly won't be able to get top class players.

Yeah because we’re shit in so many places, scouting being the most obvious... Where are we to get difference makers for midfield much cheaper? Quality is not free... Since we’re shit at discovering it before others do, our only solution is to pay up or go the way of the dodo...

Goretzka is WAYYYYY overestimated here... Seriously, the guy is not even rocking Bundesliga... Decent player, but he needs time... Realistically speaking, if we don’t find our own Salah - and chances are practically below zero! - we will not see a CL semi for a decade - unless we get shit lucky in the draws...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:25 pm

The reasons why I like playing with wings is

1- We have two great fullbacks than can provide overlapping (Alaba and Kimmich)
2- We score many goals from headers. If Lewy stays, then playing with wings is the best solution
3- It's relatively easy to create goal chances playing like that.
4- Wingerless formations can become slow, predictable and ineffective against teams that park the bus.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:The reasons why I like playing with wings is

1- We have two great fullbacks than can provide overlapping (Alaba and Kimmich)
2- We score many goals from headers. If Lewy stays, then playing with wings is the best solution
3- It's relatively easy to create goal chances playing like that.
4- Wingerless formations can become slow, predictable and ineffective against teams that park the bus.

Bingo! Plus, if we do not get Werner (yet) - which is highly likely - even another striker than Lewa might be a good target...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 am

It's pretty clear that we have good defenders, full backs (including back-ups who we should keep to provide much needed rest and rotation), and midfielders. We need wingers. We need to recreate what Robbery gave us at their peak.

Uli can't be counting pennies at this phase. We absolute need elite talents there.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:35 pm

If you look around you can see there arent many talented wingers out there and we have 1 of the top talents in our ranks and another one (Gnabry) coming in. I watched some games of him and I think he can be huge in our system. He has some Robben inside of him. He is a very direct player and doesnt think twice before going forward and that is what we need. Coman is also like that.

Other young wingers that are talented and are maybe available are Martial and Malcom...Martial could be good as he can also play as a second striker...while Malcom is on the same level as Gnabry if you ask me.
Gnabry developed great in this past year and I think we should give him a chance while extending Robben for 1 more year so he can tutor him.

About Lewandowski...he is a top striker..no doubt about it. He has some off days like any other striker (bar Messi and Salah this season). Our game is based on having a tall strong striker in the box and Lewa is just that. We have WC full backs that can cross and we need that kind of striker in the box. I would maybe pick someone else to play for us but to be fair there are no top #9s in the world at the moment. The only one I can think of is Kane and there is no chance we are getting him.
We should definitely bring in another top attacker that can challenge Muller/Lewa...and I am all for splashing some record breaking sum to get that player in. Maybe Martial would be a good option as he can play as a winger and a striker. Kane would be top. There are some others like Bale, Werner, Icardi etc...but maybe not the players we need.

Our midfield is great with Thiago, James, Goretzka, Martinez, Vidal, Tolisso...
Defence even better with Alaba, Hummels, Boateng, Sule, Kimmich...

We dont need much changes...and dont need to make an overhaul...we have a top team with a lot of youngsters and maybe just adding 2-3 new players will make a great transition.

I would definitely love to buy some top players but our board are not stupid...they make plans and are always looking for players...but the truth is there are not so many suitable players out there...other clubs like Real, Man Utd, Barcelona etc...are also having huge problems with getting the right players...and they have a lot of money but there just arent many players that can make them better atm.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uksharma » Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm

1. Need a world class Striker (if lewy leaves)
2. 2 wingers (1 being an absolute class, Martial being that one who is currently available)
3. No renewals for Robbery (They are going to demand playing time)
4. A LB backup (Academy product)
UKSharma
uksharma
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Sport Bild | Niko Kovac is not planning to play with a fixed system at Bayern but wants to be tactically flexible next season with Bayern where he wants to give Goretzka and Gnabry important roles.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:17 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Sport Bild | Niko Kovac is not planning to play with a fixed system at Bayern but wants to be tactically flexible next season with Bayern where he wants to give Goretzka and Gnabry important roles.

hopefully management allows him this flexibility
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Malcom, Martial now, Werner 2019...

Maybe bring in another DM...

Cost: 150-160

Costa and Vidal will bring 80-90.... And we’re all set...

Of course I could live with another striker - but no alternatives to the Polish choker...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:19 pm

nm462272 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Sport Bild | Niko Kovac is not planning to play with a fixed system at Bayern but wants to be tactically flexible next season with Bayern where he wants to give Goretzka and Gnabry important roles.

hopefully management allows him this flexibility

He doesn’t want any new players...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 03, 2018 1:09 am

#12 wrote:He doesn’t want any new players...

Did you ask him personally?

Most of what it's published out there is BS. FFS he's still under contract with his current club. Let the season come to and end and then we will discuss about him
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu May 03, 2018 2:15 am

#12 wrote:He doesn’t want any new players...

Let's talk negotiations. If Bayern goes out yelling "we are in dire need of RW's , wtb two world class wingers ASAP!!!!" What happens then?

"150m should be a decent price for Thauvin... Those Bavarians are in such a dire need of RW, let's just sign a contract to transfer their bank account to OM.". ---Marseille

"You want Bailey? OK. I am not gonna play hardball here. Either you pay 200m, or give me James AND Thiago, PLUS 100m. I could do business with you this time. I am being kind. " ---Rudi Voller

"Malcolm is 100m and no negotiations. I will be more than glad to see you play wingless next season...." ----Bordeaux
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Paphlagonian » Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 am

Dybala shadowing Lewa? or Müller shadowing Werner. Mouth-wathering options... Imagine adding Martial (unlikely) to the squad. Robbery must stay at bench though.

Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Coman » Sat May 05, 2018 9:21 am

Title : 2018/19 Tactics & Formations

Neuer (Ulreich)
Kimmich (Rafinha) - Süle(Martinez) - Hummels (Boateng) - Alaba (Rafinha)
Goretzka(Tolisso) - Thiago (Sanches)
Robben (Gnabry) - James (Müller) - Coman (Ribéry)
Lewandowski (Wagner)
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
French Southern Ter

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion