You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Question of the Day: Should FCB sell Thomas Mueller

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Question of the Day: Should FCB sell Thomas Mueller

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Yes or no please.
tflags

Re: Question of the Day: Should FCB sell Thomas Mueller

Postby OhioFan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:27 pm

No
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:44 pm

No.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Yes.
FC Bayern 2020/21 : Neuer (Nübel) - Dest (Pavard) Süle (Kouassi) Alaba (Hernandez) Davies (Hernandez) - Kimmich (Fein) Thiago (Goretzka) - Gnabry (Coman) Müller (Cuisance) Sané (Perisic) - Lewandowski (Zirkzee)
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Yes.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:47 pm

The question should not be a yes or no but at what price would you sell Mueller? 30m? 50m? 75m? 100m? 150m? 200m? 500m? 1 BILLION? :)

I would sell him for 150m.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Yes.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm

No. As long as he wants to stay, he HAS to stay, I would not sell him unless some Mr. Al-Something signs a check for >80 million euros
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:53 pm

MUTU wrote:The question should not be a yes or no but at what price would you sell Mueller? 30m? 50m? 75m? 100m? 150m? 200m? 500m? 1 BILLION? :)

I would sell him for 150m.

The asking price should be set according to how much it would cost to get a similarly good younger player... In his current form, he's not even worth 50...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Make it simple please. A yes or no is appreciated.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:33 pm

tflags wrote:Make it simple please. A yes or no is appreciated.

It's too simple. Would I sell him for 2 euros? No. Would I sell him for 10 billion euros? Yes. So what should I answer?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:37 pm

I would sell everyone for the right price. Would you swap James+cash for Mbappé? Well, I would, but "cash" could mean $9,99 or $99,999,999.

Maybe you should rephrase your question:

"Would you force Thomas Muller to leave and put him on the market so that we can get rid of him for a reasonable transfer fee (but not one we could buy a decent replacement?"

I would answer NO to this question
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:48 am

No
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 am

Far too simple for just a yes or no answer, sorry.

First off: at what price? How much do we reasonably believe Müller would sell for. Is he going to fetch a €100m offer from United like he supposedly did a few years ago? I doubt that.

Second: is the amount he'd sell for greater than the value he contributes to the team? I have to take a sort of 'moneyball' approach here. What value do we place on Müller's in-game impact? Is he worth €20m, 30m, 40m, 50m, etc? This was the question with Lewandowski: how much money would it take to replace his production? I think we have to ask the same for Müller. Of course there's no clear way to quantify it, but let's say Müller brings €50m of 'value' to the pitch...but the best offer we get for a sale is €40m. In that circumstance, in order to replace that production - that'd be lost by selling - we'd effectively be taking a loss.

Third: do we think Müller is currently or WILL get in the way of younger and/or better players? Will he stick around too long and pout like Ribery when he doesn't play? I think that up till this point we can say that hasn't been the case. If it were, then there'd be a stronger argument for 'sell'

Ultimately, I wouldn't, because I think the benefits of doing so are quite minimal (and I'm not convinced they'd outweigh the loss). Even if we accept the chatter regarding Müller's decline (though the statistical support for such decline is largely nonexistent, but that's a story for another day), he's not a troublemaker or locker room cancer, he's well-liked by other players, and I really doubt he'd sell for more than he's "worth" - and I think it's all moot because I'm 100% confident the simple fact of the matter is that even IF Müller is sold it's not going to change much on the pitch or in regards to transfers. I'm absolutely certain there's not a single player out there whose signing is dependent on Müller being sold. So I'm sure it might make some feel better if we sold him, but it'd be about as beneficial as selling Rafinha or similar - even if he's slipped there's just no compelling reason to get rid of him. At worst he's a perfectly serviceable backup (for a couple positions)
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:14 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Make it simple please. A yes or no is appreciated.

It's too simple. Would I sell him for 2 euros? No. Would I sell him for 10 billion euros? Yes. So what should I answer?

It IS a simple question. Arguing beyond the obvious meaning is irrelevant. Of course for 200 million the team will probably sell its soul; that is simply not the question.

The question is, given a simple and fair offer, should FCB sell Thomas Mueller. None has asked what is his value or is he worth 80 million or 20. If the clubs considers that - based on fair market valuation parameters - that he's worth say, 40 million for example, and an offer of that magnitude comes along, should Bayern sell him?

It IS a simple question. . . :roll:
tflags

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion