You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Qatar sponsorship with FC Bayern

Postby harry-muc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:57 pm

i hate this deal and the winter training camps. quatar is like cancer...
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Part of this cooperation is that we will work together to promote social projects and dialogue on socio-politically critical issues. "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that really touched me! :mrgreen:

This deal makes me so sick...
Last edited by Fénix on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby tflags » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm

ottackon wrote:Mundo Deportivo reports that Bayern will receive about 15 million euros annually to carry the logo of Hamad airport on the team's training kit.
The Journal director goes further by explaining that this deal will have a negative impact on Barça since the renewal of the partnership with Qatar Airways which expires in 2016 would no longer be on the agenda.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/in ... unich.html

That Neymar renewal just became a whoooole more complicated. Ending my off topic now.
tflags

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Schalke and Leverkusen did not win on MD18. Food for thought. Maybe all German clubs should freeze their nips during the winter.

I also tend to agree with MoFattal that this sponsorship deal is on the same level morally as doing a deal with Russia. You could point to nearly any country and ask serious questions. I honestly don't remember these questions being posed when Bayern visited China despite China's record of imprisoning journalists, or when Bayern visited the US even despite our white cops shoot black people all the time. Why now is this being brought up?

Sure Qatar has a poor human rights record. Maybe Bayern can be a good force in changing that by bringing the eyes of millions of fans to that country every time the team travels there. I think these countries will change over time given a positive influence, but Europeans need to stop expecting the rest of the world to instantaneously adopt their values. No one likes being pushed too quickly, and there are some cultural aspects which are just different. Give me a break they only gained independence from European exploitation in 1971.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ottackon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Qatar is not even a country, it never was and never will be, it's just the story of a tribe sitting on huge gas fields.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby bbenno » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Unlike Barcelona, Real madrid and Schalke (and others), I thought Bayern could stay clear of these types of people, companies and states, but on the other hand maybe business is business. Just stay the h*ll out of Saudi Arabia!
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:37 pm

pyrasur wrote:Schalke and Leverkusen did not win on MD18. Food for thought. Maybe all German clubs should freeze their nips during the winter.

I also tend to agree with MoFattal that this sponsorship deal is on the same level morally as doing a deal with Russia. You could point to nearly any country and ask serious questions. I honestly don't remember these questions being posed when Bayern visited China despite China's record of imprisoning journalists, or when Bayern visited the US even despite our white cops shoot black people all the time. Why now is this being brought up?

Sure Qatar has a poor human rights record. Maybe Bayern can be a good force in changing that by bringing the eyes of millions of fans to that country every time the team travels there. I think these countries will change over time given a positive influence, but Europeans need to stop expecting the rest of the world to instantaneously adopt their values. No one likes being pushed too quickly, and there are some cultural aspects which are just different. Give me a break they only gained independence from European exploitation in 1971.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difference is sponsors from other countries come from the private sector, the Qatari money is Sheik monarchy money. Huge difference IMO. I'd rather Bayern stay clear of all state-linked sponsorships, but specially those coming from putrid regimes such as those in the middle East. Gazprom is also government owned so same applies to them.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 pm

ottackon wrote:Mundo Deportivo reports that Bayern will receive about 15 million euros annually to carry the logo of Hamad airport on the team's training kit.
The Journal director goes further by explaining that this deal will have a negative impact on Barça since the renewal of the partnership with Qatar Airways which expires in 2016 would no longer be on the agenda.

Http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/in ... unich.html

Barça are already under a lot of pressure about this sponsorship which had escalated after a report from the UN / ILO which condemned Qatar Airways for the treatment of their staff (especially females) came out around last summer. There were also protests from airline staff outside the Barça HQ. A lot of things have changed since when Barça signed the deal for the first time in 2010. [source]

I hope that this turmoil does not move to Munich. I also don't agree with the training camps over there.
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed SOURCE BBCode
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:02 pm

leave football clubs to us commoners .....................................
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Choice is yours either see us turn into another liverpool or milan-esque club(though not the same reason of course) or wear the hamad int airport logo..
I choose the latter.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:52 pm

We're not struggling financially... as things stand, we can afford everything that FFP allows, only if we want to get too greedy and spend more than FFP allows.
This deal is more convenient for the sponsors than us, we're not desperate for that money but whatever... anyway football is not a sport of commoners for a long while now.
I'm not a fan of this deal but what can we do, especially since politics were mentioned or something like that... we've been in it already so let's get real dirty when we're at it.
JANCKER

Postby German-American » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Our current situation is fine. If they're looking for a big sponsor then I would expect a HUGE signing like messi or someone
MoFattal wrote:What are the alternatives?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby German-American » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:55 pm

This would be good for the BuLi, other investors would be gravitated to invest in other clubs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:01 pm

I agree with the political concerns some have, but from a sporting and financial point of view I'm in favour of this. It's just a sponsorship, just like we have with other brands. What I will never accept is to be owned by such rich people.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:01 pm

I agree with the political concerns some have, but from a sporting and financial point of view I'm in favour of this. It's just a sponsorship, just like we have with other brands. What I will never accept is to be owned by such rich people.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion