You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Our Stadium : The Allianz Arena

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:41 pm

They wanted 69k so that their smaller amount of fans fill the place up more. I'm guessing Bayern accepted as at the time of building they weren't selling out the Olympiastadion and weren't expecting the club to grow the way it has.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tflags » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 am

Maybe a EUR350 million loan was more than they bargained for.
tflags

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Fénix wrote:We could have built German Wembley with capacity of 90k places and still it wouldn't be enough.

Very true. It's almost always sold out in all the years we've been using it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Fénix wrote:We could have built German Wembley with capacity of 90k places and still it wouldn't be enough.

Very true. It's almost always sold out in all the years we've been using it.

You can safely remove the "Almost"

The only time where it was not full was vs Holland after the loss vs Chelsea ,and even at that game it was sold out but people were a bit too angry to come
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:07 pm

we still have great stadium and it can be expanded by few more thousand seats...

now it will be 68.000/72.000 ...that is one of the bigger stadiums in Europe...But I do agree we could fill some 100.000 every game. Barcelona have 98.000 but it is full only few times a year
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Bazi » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

AssemFCB wrote:They wanted 69k so that their smaller amount of fans fill the place up more. I'm guessing Bayern accepted as at the time of building they weren't selling out the Olympiastadion and weren't expecting the club to grow the way it has.

That's not quite right. Our club officials planned with a 80k stadium but the city of Munich insisted that Bayern and 1860 both agree on one stadium plan. 1860 wanted 55-60k to make the construction cheaper and in the end we agreed on 69k.

It's sad in retrospective but couldn't be helped at the time. I'm happier that we're now the 100% owners of the Allianz Arena and don't have to worry about another club.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby mahoni » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Bazi wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:They wanted 69k so that their smaller amount of fans fill the place up more. I'm guessing Bayern accepted as at the time of building they weren't selling out the Olympiastadion and weren't expecting the club to grow the way it has.

That's not quite right. Our club officials planned with a 80k stadium but the city of Munich insisted that Bayern and 1860 both agree on one stadium plan. 1860 wanted 55-60k to make the construction cheaper and in the end we agreed on 69k.

It's sad in retrospective but couldn't be helped at the time. I'm happier that we're now the 100% owners of the Allianz Arena and don't have to worry about another club.

Sorry but AssemFCB is right. At the time AA was planed and build there was an average of some 40.000 - 55.000 people per season in the Olympiastadion. So they couldn´t knew before that the AA would be sold out every game and that´s why they decided to make it that "little".
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm

mahoni wrote:
Bazi wrote:

Sorry but AssemFCB is right. At the time AA was planed and build there was an average of some 40.000 - 55.000 people per season in the Olympiastadion. So they couldn´t knew before that the AA would be sold out every game and that´s why they decided to make it that "little".

Nope he isn't. Our club officials were fully aware of the potential a state of the art arena would have for our club and therefore we were hoping for a 80k stadium. Perhaps it is a problem for people who weren't frequently in the old Olympiastadion but it was a drawing pit hole where nobody liked to visit unless you liked it cold and wet or were an enthusiast for architecture.The problem was that at the time the city of Munich was insisting on a modernization of the Olympiastadion instead of a new arena. The only chance to make this vision come true was an agreement between FC Bayern and 1860 München. At that time both clubs made an agreement for 66k visitors in 1997 (69.000 including stances). It was a compromise between the 60k visitor stadium 1860 wanted and the bigger stadium our club officials envisioned.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 am

Anybody knows the attendance for the Mainz game? Was it a full house of 71,000? And had those 2,000 extra seats been sold out for all the matches for the rest of the season?

I've also heard that the real maximum capacity is actually 71,137-71,457?

I'm trying to find the average attendance record when 1859+1 is playing but I had no luck so far, I doubt it's a full house stadium when they play?

* Are we the only team in Europe besides Arsenal who always sold out all the seats?
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 am

Yes, it was 71,000. I don't know if all have been sold out but I'm sure they will be.

And yes, we probably are.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes, it was 71,000. I don't know if all have been sold out but I'm sure they will be.

And yes, we probably are.

YES THEY ALL WERE SOLD OUT
The announcer said that in the game
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:16 pm

SouthernStar wrote:I've also heard that the real maximum capacity is actually 71,137-71,457?

if they installed 2.000 seats...that means the new capacity for BL matches should be 71.901...because before it was 69.901...so it is almost 72.000
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Bazi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
SouthernStar wrote:I've also heard that the real maximum capacity is actually 71,137-71,457?

if they installed 2.000 seats...that means the new capacity for BL matches should be 71.901...because before it was 69.901...so it is almost 72.000

Wasn't it 69'001 and not 69'901?
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:25 pm

I can recall that in last 5-6 years, Arena weren't ausverkauft on 3 or 4 Bayern games. It was on one Pokal match when weather was bad and 2-3 times when Bayern played very sad(2006/07 or 2008/09 season). Tickets were sold, but people didn't want to go watch our club.

But in seasons like the last one, 2005/06, 07/08, 09/10, it was always sold out. That's 1860 fault why and they should pay for it in future. Even Munich city was against 80k capacity, but it's rubbish when we look at the size of Bavaria capital city, just as entire Bavaria region as well.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 am

Munich city was completely against any kind of new stadium so we have to be thankful that 1860 agreed on the Allianz Arena plan in 1997 because otherwise it is doubtful that we'd been ready by the time the state gave the public subsidies for the stadium modernizations in the time from 2002-2006.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion