You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Psychaz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:11 pm

only been a fan since 2007, didn't really watch soccer since then, i was just going through TV channels at home and Bayern was on TV, been supporting them ever since, been to 3 matches in Allianz Arena since, easier to get to from UK obviously, none of my family apart from me like soccer from them are Braves fans(baseball) cannot stand the sport myself makes me fall asleep.
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Psychaz wrote:only been a fan since 2007, didn't really watch soccer since then, i was just going through TV channels at home and Bayern was on TV, been supporting them ever since, been to 3 matches in Allianz Arena since, easier to get to from UK obviously, none of my family apart from me like soccer from them are Braves fans(baseball) cannot stand the sport myself makes me fall asleep.

it's nice man
and the good thing the you went to 3 games i have been supporting bayern for so long and i never went to germany and went to allianz arena
i wish i could go :D
but i live in north america :(
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Telecaster » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

For me it started back in the first few months of 2002, when I was only 7 years old. My family is German and my great uncle and great aunt had come over to Australia from Germany on holiday. Before this point I had only really watched international football; basically the German National Team games when they were on TV (football coverage in Australia is pretty scarce, it's mainly just rugby, cricket and AFL coverage on Australian TV), but hadn't really seen many Bundesliga or Bayern games, due to the lack of coverage of European football. Anyway, Kahn was always my favourite player and I used to love watching him make his miraculous diving saves. So when my great aunt and uncle came over, the brought along a present for me; a Bayern München home jersey with a 'Kahn' printing on the back. Needless to say I was ecstatic and began to track down any Bayern games that came on TV. And to this day, I follow them religiously and watch as many games as I can.

In fact, whenever I feel like a good laugh, I always watch Robben's goal against Manchester United in the CL. I always get a kick out of the look on Alex Ferguson's face.
Telecaster
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hendrickson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 am

I went to Germany on business for two weeks in 1997, and Bayern at the time were the only German club I had heard of in the States, so I became a fan. My German coworkers chided me over it, Bayern are not liked much outside of Bavaria. It was good natured though.
Hendrickson
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kip » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:46 am

Can't remember when was it exactly, but I still have my crappy Bayern kit, maybe like 10 or even more years old ;)
kip
Getting the hang of it

Postby Stigger » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:30 am

Well how I started to follow Bayern is a long story

Was a talented ice hockey player and made one of the best 21u Junior A teams in the country when I was 15 years old(and made the starting line up). The same year I went to the national championship and got injured in the semi-finals. Well I developed muscle pains when I skated so I decided to take time off from the sport and try different sports that were less demanding on certain muscles where I developed my pain. During/After the 2006 world cup I began to support the German National team and began to follow Bayern (mostly because of being a Klose fan). However, though I watched soccer/football, I played Rugby and was quite good at it as well until my neck couldn't take it anymore. So I started to try Football/Soccer and began watching Bayern religiously.
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AMLN » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:10 am

i rmeember i started when i watched the 1999 CL campaign, that "nearly-black-blue" (as the commentator said) jerseys were one of the finest ever
AMLN
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tflags » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 am

Business trip break I traveled with my dad to Munich. Loved the city more than any other although it was Sunday and everything was closed. We took a tour to the Olympiad Stadium. I had been in other European stadias in Spain but here everything was immaculate. I guess I bought the whole Bavarian package... State, City, Team.

Where I come from everybody just loves Real and in a small percentage Barca. But don't you just hate those teams with a payroll worth a Zillion dollars and no soul?
tflags

Postby zippy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:41 am

dambun wrote:How could someone be an England NT fan???... I never understand!

Being English helps, stupid question.

Anyway my first Bayern game was a 1-1 draw with v Fortuna Düsseldorf in August 1983. I have seen hundreds of games in the Olympiastadion/Allianz arena since then and many many away games too including european cup games in Gothenburg, Everton, Eindhoven, Vienna, Tottenham etc etc.
Season ticket holder (Südkurve) since 1987 and club member since 1990, (This year I got my silver ehrennadel for 20 years membership). My membership number is under 10,000 too which I'm quite proud of, we had less than 16,000 members when I joined and it's over 165,000 now.
zippy
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:42 pm

zippy wrote:
dambun wrote:How could someone be an England NT fan???... I never understand! :mrgreen: :lol:

Being English helps, stupid question.

OH!! :shock: Never thought of that!... you're a genius, man :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby TeamSpirit » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:34 am

How did I start supporting Bayern?.. Hm... Philipp Lahm.

Enough said =)
"Wer behauptet, dass er die Kapitänsbinde nicht gerne haben will, der lügt. Jeder will doch gern Anführer einer starken Mannschaft sein." ~ Philipp Lahm

TeamSpirit
Getting the hang of it

Postby OhioFan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 am

My great-grandparents and grandparents emigrated from Bayern to the U.S. long ago but, even with the wars, my family kept the tradition of being Boarischer. I don't know exactly when but sometime in the early 80's, although separated by the whole american continent, my best friend from high school (also Bavarian ancestry) and I both started following Die Bayern and over the last 30 years or so. I just found this forum and am damn glad I did.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 pm

It was right around the end of Lothar Matthaus' era (98-99) at Bayern. I was a kid, maybe around 8 or 9, but I remember how fascinated I was by this club and I would never miss this Sat1 show called Ran on Sundays in Germany who would do a roundup of each Spieltag, eagerly waiting for Bayern to come up.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rigoberto » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

its bayern its german even tough i am bosnian my grandpa was in german army and worked there after and thats why i support it bayern all the way there is no better team with the great playern great
rigoberto
Getting the hang of it

Postby rigoberto » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

its bayern its german even tough i am bosnian my grandpa was in german army and worked there after and thats why i support it bayern all the way there is no better team with the great playern great
rigoberto
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion