You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How did you start Supporting Bayern

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:46 pm

When I was 5 years old I was watching World Cup 1994 and I don't know why, but I was supporting Germany. I think that it was because Klinsmann (I loved his name haha) so after the World Cup i asked my father if he could tell me some German soccer teams. He told me Bayern, Dortmund and a few more and since I heard his name, I fell in love with FC Bayern :D

A few years later he bought me ELBER jersey and it was a very special moment for me :D

My greatest football memories are me watching Elber, Scholl, Kahn, Salihamidzic, Effenberg Lizarazu... playing :D I remember that when i was playing with my friends i always tried to play the same way that Scholl and Elber did. And I tried to score the same goals too :P
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Carles_Barcelona » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 pm

It was the European Cup; the Final against Leeds, in 1975. Then I was 7 years old. Gerd Müller was my hero. And Beckenbauer, of course.

Greetings form a Bayern fan from Barcelona

Carles
Premium Bavaricum
Carles_Barcelona
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Catalonia

Postby mrfocus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 pm

I've been watching football on and off since the Euro 2004.
After that, I watched the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I've been a fan of the Netherlands football team since then (what a ridiculous game versus Portugal...) and Arjen Robben has always been my favorite player. Since the 2006-2007 season, I've been watching quite a lot of football on GolTV, and one of the majors leagues they have is the Bundesliga. I really enjoy the style of play in the Bundesliga and supported Bayern even back then, but since Robben was my favorite player, I watched which ever team he was playing for.
I watched him play for Chelsea, where he performed quite well.
When he got traded to Real, I knew it was a good opportunity for him, but I also thought that he wouldn't be able to play all that much (also, with van der Vaart, Sneijder, Robben and van Nistelrooy, it was like watching the Netherlands national team).
I was so happy when I learned that Bayern had bought him, I became an even bigger fan instantly! The work ethic of the team is amazing. They have a few big players, but the rest is just good quality and they fit into the system of play perfectly.
mrfocus
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:42 am

Carles_Barcelona wrote:It was the European Cup; the Final against Leeds, in 1975. Then I was 7 years old. Gerd Müller was my hero. And Beckenbauer, of course.

Carles

Welcome.
I think you'll find on this forum that many of us would effortlessly name Beckenbauer and Muller as our heroes. :)
You'll be lucky to be near FC Bayern when they win in the CL final! :wink:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 am

MunchenFC wrote:us would effortlessly name Beckenbauer and Muller as our heroes.
You'll be lucky to be near FC Bayern when they win in the CL final!

this is your 500th post , Congrats man

and WHAT , You prefer Beckenbauer over Lell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:55 am

Element wrote:
MunchenFC wrote:us would effortlessly name Beckenbauer and Muller as our heroes.
You'll be lucky to be near FC Bayern when they win in the CL final!

this is your 500th post , Congrats man

and WHAT , You prefer Beckenbauer over Lell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

:lol:
Actually my official 500th hundred post was in the Tymoschuk thread, but thanks. :)
And as of Lell, I less effortlessly would deam him my hero... to play for Carl-Zeiss Jena. :lol:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mmr14 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I remember the summer of 1998 when I was visiting my aunt who lives near Ulm and we got lost in munchen with the bus!I was amazed by the city and I heard about Bayern Munchen (I was only 12 yo) and I was interesting about the team...and so it begin the "adventure" with Bayern and now i'm such a big fan even more I love this team !
mmr14
Getting the hang of it

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 pm

mmr14 wrote:I remember the summer of 1998 when I was visiting my aunt who lives near Ulm and we got lost in munchen with the bus!I was amazed by the city and I heard about Bayern Munchen (I was only 12 yo) and I was interesting about the team...and so it begin the "adventure" with Bayern and now i'm such a big fan even more I love this team !

Cool story!
I plan to get lost in Munich one day as well. :D
Welcome and hope you enjoy this marvelously enjoyable forum. :D
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby mmr14 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:14 pm

MunchenFC wrote:
mmr14 wrote:I remember the summer of 1998 when I was visiting my aunt who lives near Ulm and we got lost in munchen with the bus!I was amazed by the city and I heard about Bayern Munchen (I was only 12 yo) and I was interesting about the team...and so it begin the "adventure" with Bayern and now i'm such a big fan even more I love this team !

Cool story!
I plan to get lost in Munich one day as well. :D
Welcome and hope you enjoy this marvelously enjoyable forum. :D

thanks man :)
mmr14
Getting the hang of it

Postby Carles_Barcelona » Fri May 07, 2010 7:28 pm

MunchenFC wrote:
Carles_Barcelona wrote:It was the European Cup; the Final against Leeds, in 1975. Then I was 7 years old. Gerd Müller was my hero. And Beckenbauer, of course.

Carles

Welcome.
I think you'll find on this forum that many of us would effortlessly name Beckenbauer and Muller as our heroes. :)
You'll be lucky to be near FC Bayern when they win in the CL final! :wink:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you. Yes, the seventies were so magical, and more being a child. You can imagine it. But, after losing (and crying) against Aston Villa I realized I would be a Bayern fan for all my life. Because we grow and mature specially in bad times. Best wishes.
Premium Bavaricum
Carles_Barcelona
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Catalonia

Postby thulkazal » Sat May 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Carles

well wierd ... you born in Barcelona or ? coz you have big teams in town ... kinda logical to have someone as roll model who is closer

anyway my story is simple ... '98 Bayern made move (transfer) for Hasan aka Brazzo well as I was only kiddo who liked my NT, I was watching all NT players and kinda Brazzo and0 Bayern was the easiest to watch coz club level ... During that watching I start to like mainly Kahn, his personality and that never give up thing was great ... and so on '99 the lost CL in last min maded me pissed and i notice that i kinda care. And here we go during 12 years i missed only one season not watchin whole Bayern games and that was 2006/07 season when we ended 4 in BL, got knocked in CL by Milan and in DFB by Acheen ...
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Sat May 15, 2010 5:57 pm

thulkazal wrote: Acheen .

You Mean Aachen
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby thulkazal » Sat May 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Element wrote:
thulkazal wrote: Acheen .

You Mean Aachen

yap :P
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby cruz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:38 pm

as I lived in München from 1990 till 1999, it was only one question: Bayern oder Sechzig :D

as I was a kid I changed my mind every day :D , until 1994 or 1995 (don't remember precisely) when my father took me to a Bayern game to the Olympia Stadium against Bochum, Bayern won 2:1, Mario Basler scored two goals and we've been sitting two-three blocks away from the Südkurve, so he came close to us whenever he scored, that was amazing for me, as it was the first time I actually went to any first league game, cheering up Bayern with 60 thousend supporters... amazing!! O:)

since then there were only Bayern and Croatia for me :wink:

Since then my father took me to many Bayern home games, whenever he could get early home from work, I just wish I could again visit regularly Bayern's home games like then... :(

One thing you guys don't know, my parents were friends with Anica Martinović-Kovač's family (the wife of Robert Kovač) so I had the plessure to meet him personally... 8) I mean he played then for Leverkusen, but he joined Bayern (i think in) 200 or 2001
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby CroCHEF » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

cruz wrote:One thing you guys don't know, my parents were friends with Anica Martinović-Kovač's family (the wife of Robert Kovač) so I had the plessure 1

i think that bigger pleasure is to meet his wife Anica :oops: 8) :

anyway i get a satelite dish on 1996. and only channels i have was german, and when my relatives come and give me kit with sign i watch on tv i start to support my favorite club all time BAYERN
CroCHEF
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion