You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby BayernLove » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

AssemFCB wrote:hence my Bayern-love!

Oh, hello.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 pm

AssemFCB wrote:I guess my love for Bayern actually stemmed from playing as Germany/Bayern/Leverkusen in FIFA 2003 and ISS Pro Evolution back in the day. I enjoyed playing with Jeremies, Hamman, Kahn, Ballack, Jancker, Nowotny, and the great Bernd Schneider. When I got into football five years ago, these were the names that stuck, hence my Bayern-love!

Interesting that you'd have such a man-crush on Effenberg without having seen him in action!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 pm

I didn't. \:D/ \:D/ :-({|= :-({|= =D> =D> :twisted: :twisted:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 pm

quaazi wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:I guess my love for Bayern actually stemmed from playing as Germany/Bayern/Leverkusen in FIFA 2003 and ISS Pro Evolution back in the day. I enjoyed playing with Jeremies, Hamman, Kahn, Ballack, Jancker, Nowotny, and the great Bernd Schneider. When I got into football five years ago, these were the names that stuck, hence my Bayern-love!

Interesting that you'd have such a man-crush on Effenberg without having seen him in action!

I actually download the vintage Bayern games I can. For the rest, I watch the long highlights on some German YouTube channels, so I get lots of Lizarzu, Effenberg, Elber, etc.
But, as an impressionable six or seven year old, the above guys were the real deal. Especially Schneider, I enjoyed him at the Germany World Cup and from the 2002 highlights.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Miroslav Klose.....THE END :D Any sooner or later i would have been a Weder Bremen or Lazio fan :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 am

AssemFCB wrote:
quaazi wrote:

I actually download the vintage Bayern games I can. For the rest, I watch the long highlights on some German YouTube channels, so I get lots of Lizarzu, Effenberg, Elber, etc.

Effenberg was the man. After Scholl failed the first penalty in 2001 against Valencia, bayern got another chance with a second penalty, Effenberg took the ball and said "I will kick the penalty", and he scored . Robben should learn from him.

Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:
quaazi wrote:

Effenberg was the man. After Scholl failed the first penalty in 2001 against Valencia, bayern got another chance with a second penalty, Effenberg took the ball and said "I will kick the penalty", and he scored . Robben should learn from him.

All, literally ALL our players could learn from him.
Perhaps if Neuer were given the armband he could have similar influence. But that's not going to happen.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MoFattal » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 am

SilentStrike wrote:All, literally ALL our players could learn from him.

Well, except for the up-yours part.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah, Effenberg was awesome. You really got the feeling that he could carry the weight of the entire world on his shoulders and not even blink.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AdepT » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 am

^ And still say it coolly to anyone to 'Go FCUK yourselves'. :lol:
The balls he has.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Z41N_787B » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:17 pm

A very similar story to mine actually. I used to play ISS Pro a lot like you and I used to go Bayern all the time and I remember when they played against my local team, Celtic, during a Champions League group stage in 2003 I think when I was around 8 and this was probably the first time I saw them play in real life and I have supported them ever since! :D

Also, my love for Germany and their national also stemmed from my love of Bayern and also maybe because my country, Scotland, struggles to qualify for any major tournament :lol:

As a side note, when I heard about the harsh reality of the '99 UCL Final against ManUre, I began to hate them for their luckiness which hasn't gone away :)
Z41N_787B
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby marfa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:13 am

1978 or so, watching Bayern on Soccer Made in Germany, which was broadcast on PBS in the U.S. I thought Beckenbauer and Müller were gods. Turns out they were.
I think I probably cried the first time I watched Franz (in person) walk onto the pitch before a Cosmos game against the Memphis Rogues, our hometown team in the old NASL.
I read his book Soccer Power a hundred or more times and practiced every drill in the book for hours on end. 35 years pulling for Bayern, and to make it even stranger, I was a kid growing up in the American south where soccer was considered a "communist" sport and SEC football was god.
marfa
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Der Adler » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:04 am

I was a kid and my dad(Persian) was showing me a game with Ali Daei in it and he was playing for Bayern. I have been proudly wearing the red and white ever since. I think we will be seeing more Bayern gear in the US soon. I just have a feeling our fanbase is going to get a major boost ;), which means more $. I will try to educate the new American fans about our proud history, whenever I get the chance.
Der Adler
Getting the hang of it

Postby machkover » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 pm

our national channel ( the only on eat the time in the eithies )used to broadcast Bundesligua games every friday evening .rumminegge breitner aughenthaler and co impressed me while i was watching them on our black and white tv and ever since i grew into a Bayern fanatic ( i have a liking for the players with German nationality though) .the next generations of players only render my love for Bayern greater . . that's why i can't stand Borousse :evil: ! sorry man :wink: !
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby jaybayern » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:00 am

honestly my deep love for this team start in the 2009-2010 season when ma family got a new cable provider,and all they had for football was goal tv........neva having a good view of the game of football i use to overlook it .untill one day ntn was on tv but hanover vs bayern where we won three goals to nil.....then i did my research on the team......continue to follow them fall in love with the culb every game i watch........i neva realise that untill the day we lose to inter i cried thats when i found out i found something great and win and lose.my heart with always belong to this beloved culb that i have grown to love
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion