You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Robb3449 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 pm

August 28, 2009 Bayern-Wolfsburg: 3-0. I've always watched the World Cup and rooted for Germany(after the Americans were inevitably trounced) but, never got into club football much. Especially since there was hardly any European club matches being broadcast on TV at that time. MLS doesn't count I've tried watching, NOT EVEN CLOSE!
That summer I went to Munich with my aunt to visit relatives(my 1st trip to Europe). My uncle Englebert suggested taking me to a Bayern match. I thought it would be fun but, had no idea what I was "in store" for. It changed my life FOREVER!!! I was completely hooked by the match, the players, the atmosphere, everything. I've been to an Ohio State-Michigan American football game with over 105,000 people in attendance and there was no comparison. I have never and will never see more passionate fans! I can't imagine what the Allianz must have been like for last years CL final.
Anyways, I've only gotten more fanatical with die Roten every year. I can't wait til I have the chance to make it back to the Allianz and bring my wife to let her experience what I did three years ago!
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm

That is the most touching story i have ever heard......
Last edited by Firefox1234 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby samaj » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm

My story is actually kinda funny. And LAME
Anyway, it all started with the 2010 world cup. Back then I didn't support any team, But I kinda I repeat I KINDA liked Barcelona since all my friends( well more than half) supports them.
Ever Since I remember I was a fan of Germany, I loved everything that has to do with Germany. The World Cup was very intense and I loved every single second Germany played, until they played Spain and lost. :evil: :evil:
WORST DAY EVER. I had so much hate in me, that I wanted to kill every Spanish player, so I decide not to support Barcelona or Spain in anyway. So After that I decide to search for a team to support. I found out that many players in the NT plays for Bayern. So I decide that Bayern Munchin is the club to support.

I also remember my first match, it was a friendly against Madrid were we lost on penalties.
Ever since that day, my life changed to be honest, and right now I love FC BAYERN MUNCHIN more than anything. <3
And thats my story peeps.
MIA SAN MIA <3
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Pretty much my story except it was the 2006 WC and Miroslav Klose was the reason i liked Germany :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm

It was love at first sight.

It was in 2003, I was twelve years old and my father put on the house cable TV (international channels). I had a little idea of what was European football, especially the champions league and one day I gave me for turn on the television and was playing bayern against Celtic in Olimpiastadion on ESPN channel. I loved the name "BAYERN" , at that time, I did not know that Bayern was a German club, which had won four champions league and, which was one of the biggest teams in Europe, I did not know. All I knew was that I fell in love that day to bayern.

2-1 bayern beat celtic with two goals of Makaay. Thanks Makaay, Thanks Oli kahn.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 am

To be honest i only started liking Bayern 3 years ago and football itself in the 2006 WC where i always supported Germany cause it was one player who caught my eye "Miroslav Klose" who is hands down my favorite player of all time but even then i was never a fan of football. In my early days i didnt know much about football since i live in America but my dad always told me of an evil team called Man U and i should never support them so at the time all i knew about football outside of America was Man United=Evil "and my hate grew after i found out the injustice they did Bayern in 1999" so it drove me to look at the team that seemed to fair best against them which i regret for cheering on "Chelsea" but mostly cause of Drogba and their various African players and i have lost any sympathy for them unless they are beating Man U as the way i feel for all English clubs. As a wanderer of football i only saw the teams and supported the teams they showed in America which in my area where Chelsea and Inter and with Eto'o being on Inter i grew to admire them and during the 2010 final which i didnt watch i thought it would be nice it wud be nice if they won and i regret that wish for the rest of my life. It wasnt until the 2010 WC i rekindled my love for German football thanks to a new star "Thomas Muller". Since i was older i had the means of following the players i loved to watch. I followed Boateng to Man C and liked them for a while but it didnt feel right there either, then i followed Ozil to Madrid but i didnt wanna be another ignorant Madrid fan boy so it didnt feel right too. I always wondered where great German players like Schweinstiger, Lahm, and Klose went when the WC wasnt on since BuLi games are shown in select channels all i saw was Ballack at Chelsea so i stuck to him and Chelsea till the WCs. So i decided to look at the German NT squad and it occurred to me all to most of the German players played for one club and that was Bayern Munich and it seemed the best fit cause first of all in 2010 Klose was there and couldnt think of a better way of following my favorite player and supporting the German team i do every four years other than being a Bayern fan. Even tho i came during the LvG i was there to see the rise of players like Muller and Gomez's revival when he scoring more hat tricks than a magicans at a kids birthday parties :P. Tho i have to admit there was never been a team which had given me so much happiness and grief in a short amount of time than Bayern but thas the beauty of it all. Soon after i found this place and it helped greatly in my development not just as a Bayern fan but a football fan and I thank MUTU for that. I wish i shared some of the more magical experiences the rest of you had to be a Bayern fan since mine has a lot of controversy behind it. Tho i don't remember my first game other than it involved Gomez scoring a hat trick :P, or Bayern legends like Elber, Maakay, Kahn, Luca Toni and etc I do my best to make up for past transgressions by giving my all to FC Bayern Munich and sharing as much as i can about Bayern to you all which is obvious from my post count. Cause Bayern had not only give me a team to love and support but introduced me to this sport we all love.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Robb3449 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 am

Firefox1234 wrote:To be honest i only started liking Bayern 3 years ago and football itself in the 2006 WC where i always supported Germany cause it was one player who caught my eye "Miroslav Klose" who is hands down my favorite player of all time but even then i was never a fan of football. In my early days i didnt know much about football since i live in America but my dad always told me of an evil team called Man U and i should never support them so at the time all i knew about football outside of America was Man United=Evil "and my hate grew after i found out the injustice they did Bayern in 1999" so it drove me to look at the team that seemed to fair best against them which i regret for cheering on "Chelsea" but mostly cause of Drogba and their various African players and i have lost any sympathy for them unless they are beating Man U as the way i feel for all English clubs. As a wanderer of football i only saw the teams and supported the teams they showed in America which in my area where Chelsea and Inter and with Eto'o being on Inter i grew to admire them and during the 2010 final which i didnt watch i thought it would be nice it wud be nice if they won and i regret that wish for the rest of my life. It wasnt until the 2010 WC i rekindled my love for German football thanks to a new star "Thomas Muller". Since i was older i had the means of following the players i loved to watch. I followed Boateng to Man C and liked them for a while but it didnt feel right there either, then i followed Ozil to Madrid but i didnt wanna be another ignorant Madrid fan boy so it didnt feel right too. I always wondered where great German players like Schweinstiger, Lahm, and Klose went when the WC wasnt on since BuLi games are shown in select channels all i saw was Ballack at Chelsea so i stuck to him and Chelsea till the WCs. So i decided to look at the German NT squad and it occurred to me all to most of the German players played for one club and that was Bayern Munich and it seemed the best fit cause first of all in 2010 Klose was there and couldnt think of a better way of following my favorite player and supporting the German team i do every four years other than being a Bayern fan. Even tho i came during the LvG i was there to see the rise of players like Muller and Gomez's revival when he scoring more hat tricks than a magicans at a kids birthday parties :P. Tho i have to admit there was never been a team which had given me so much happiness and grief in a short amount of time than Bayern but thas the beauty of it all. Soon after i found this place and it helped greatly in my development not just as a Bayern fan but a football fan and I thank MUTU for that. I wish i shared some of the more magical experiences the rest of you had to be a Bayern fan since mine has a lot of controversy behind it. Tho i don't remember my first game other than it involved Gomez scoring a hat trick :P, or Bayern legends like Elber, Maakay, Kahn, Luca Toni and etc I do my best to make up for past transgressions by giving my all to FC Bayern Munich and sharing as much as i can about Bayern to you all which is obvious from my post count. Cause Bayern had not only give me a team to love and support but introduced me to this sport we all love.

No controversy on your decision to follow Bayern because I know how hard it can be to follow any team (outside the the EPL or the Spanish heavyweights) in the US. Glad to see you made the right decision!
Also, I love the line about Gomez hat tricks and the magician. Good stuff!
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 pm

SWEET DEAR JESUS MAN DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ENTER BUTTON DOES?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:40 pm

I had some extra time on my hands :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:07 pm

I always find the newer fans very interesting, especially those who have been following Bayern since 2009/10. There is a huge difference between pre-LVG Bayern and post-LVG Bayern, in terms of the squad, our level in European competitions, management (Hoeness back then, then Nerlinger and now Sammer), our increased focus on youth talent, we're no longer buying every talented player in the league and so on.

I think the newer fans tend to have different ideas. Unconsciously we still try to compare Bayern to the past, whether it's in terms of players and their quality or the way the club is run (e.g. spending 40M on a player).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 pm

samaj wrote:I also remember my first match, it was a friendly against Madrid were we lost on penalties.

Just in case you want to take a trip down memory lane. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SLR » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 am

I have loved everything about Germany since i was young... Bayern was always the best German team and the team who always was strong in CL... I had a dream to go and continue my university in Germany and when I came here i was shocked how much FC Bayern is hated here... So my love grew stronger for Bayern when i saw how everyone reacted for me being a bayern fan (elderly, young, even girls)... I've been for 15 yrs Bayern fan and i will always stay loyal for Bayern

MIA SAN MIA
SLR
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby brickwall281 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Well I started like this:

One day, Bayern Munich came to Dubai, around 2005 or so. They came during the winter break to train here, so my father took me and the family to the friendly that they were playing as part of the program. I was around 7 or so and I didn't grasp the name of the club, Blabber something...? No, I just went and had fun watching and chanting with the other fans.I remember sitting in the reds section, but that's all I remember. Fast forward 2009 I'd completely forgotten which teams played in the match and I'd started to get into football. I'm Arab, so my family was split between Real Madrid and Barcelona. I thought 'NO!', and looked for another club. Eventually I found the name Bayern on the net. It sounded a bit familiar and so I asked my dad about them. He told me they were the team we went to see and ever since I was with Bayern Munich, as I will be forever.
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby hesica » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

3years ago :D
hesica
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:49 pm

I guess my love for Bayern actually stemmed from playing as Germany/Bayern/Leverkusen in FIFA 2003 and ISS Pro Evolution back in the day. I enjoyed playing with Jeremies, Hamman, Kahn, Ballack, Jancker, Nowotny, and the great Bernd Schneider. When I got into football five years ago, these were the names that stuck, hence my Bayern-love!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion