You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Element » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Can't say I regret choosing Bayern over Juve though

the 4-1 says it all :wink:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:17 pm

After the '02 WC I started to watch european football. I was a big fan of Kahn and I really started to like Bayern too, it was like.. "Wow, I really like this team"

Today is the only team I really love :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby appudds » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:19 pm

THe 4-1 win will say it clearly to even the dumbest for the next 100 years! :wink:
shileno wrote:After the '02 WC I started to watch european football. I was a big fan of Kahn and I really started to like Bayern too, it was like.. "Wow, I really like this team"

Today is the only team I really love :D

SAME CASE HERE BRO! :D
Though i lost touch with football from 2002-2006 due to my father's cancer! :(
After he passed away in 2007, i started watching football again....
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby shileno » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:23 am

That's so sad.. I really admire the strength of people, I couldn't stand such big loss :(
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby appudds » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:30 am

shileno wrote:That's so sad.. I really admire the strength of people, I couldn't stand such big loss :(

Don worry...
Wat has happned cannot be changed..
lets hope a bright present and a brighter future!
Dats a saying in Hinduism...
And i deeply follow dat...
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 am

I'm a first generation American, both of my parents are from Germany, specifically southern Germany, so I was born to be an FCB fan. Since, I'm probably the oldest guy here no one should be surprised when I say I saw my first Bayern game vs. ManU at the Los Angeles Coliseum in 1969. I was five. I'm very lucky to have seen Der Kaiser, Gerd Muller, Sepp Maier and so many more great players in their prime. We visited Germany every year during the summer, saw lots of FCB matches in the old Olympic Stadion and I was there in '74 when Germany won the WC, with many of my favorite FCB players on that team. I wanted to witness it again first-hand in 2006 but it didn't work out. So, when I come across overly defensive of guys like Schweini and Lahm, fellow bayerische jungs, you'll understand why I support them 100%. I bin ea boarische. I am a Bavarian.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Element » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:01 am

appudds wrote:Dats a saying in Hinduism...
And i deeply follow dat...

I Thought u were A Christian , But it really doesnt matter
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:57 am

Element wrote:I Thought u were A Christian , But it really doesnt matter

Me? A christiam?
Am surprised to hear dat..
Anyways.. No offense..
Does this matter? :wink:
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:36 am

appudds wrote:Does this matter?

No it doesnt , I even dont know why i assumed That !!!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Element wrote:No it doesnt , I even dont know why i assumed That !!!!

:P
Leave it... Basic misconception.....
Even i thought you were christian at first! :P
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby dambun » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:09 pm

It was world cup 1990. I was 9 by the time... Germany won the cup and I became a huge supporter... especially I liked Matthäus and Brehme... then Lothar came to Bayern later... and I became a fan of FCB... Later Hitzfeld became our coach and I fell in love with Bayern....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AvatarX » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 pm

At the age of 8 I first watch World Cup 1982 (Espana '82) and started to support Germany NT...

Later on, about 1986-87 I became an FCB supporter and remain one till then :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 pm

avatarx wrote:At the age of 8 I first watch World Cup 1982 (Espana '82) and started to support Germany NT...

Later on, about 1986-87 I became an FCB supporter and remain one till then :)

So I guess we are similar,
I became supporter after germany lost a WC final (2002), and then later supported Bayern :D
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 am

During the WC 2006, I started watching football for the first time, my German uncle was down and screaming curse words in German :) , and I completely fell in love with the atmosphere of football over other American sports! After the WC, I started supporting Arsenal, because I loved Lehman and Henry, but I soon learned that my mother was from Sundhausen (in central Germany, near Bavaria) and since my favorite players for Germany where Schweini, Poldi, and Lahm, and they all played for Bayerm, it just made sense! Also, my mother passed when I was young, and like I mentioned she was from Germany, so cheering for Bayern and Germany always made me feel in a way that I could connect with a side of her that I never could. :D Also I have some relatives in Bavaria, that my uncle used to write to a long time ago, for a long time I wanted to learn German, find them, and move to Munchen and support Bayern and go to many games! :D
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:06 am

I guess when I was in Austria visiting my uncle and he was always watching BL and his best player was Mehmet Scholl :)
Than I started to notice Bayern players and it was not that long before I got my first original kit from Bayern...that red and blue stripes and with 7 [scholl] on the back...I still remember that day...and it was like 15 years ago:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion