You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Frauen

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Frauen

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:35 pm

Nah why is it mean? Because they are butthurt because of people who think like that about women's soccer? I just cant help it, sometimes i've tried to watch it, but i just cant, like you say they miss the speed/precision/physicality to make it interesting. Hence why it is a joke to demand equal pay or even near mens pay in this sport ( though i have to say men are making WAY to much also )

But for example again in the esport scene, there a women who make 6 times the money i make in a year, do i care? No, they are better and i can accept it. No problem whatsoever. But to demand the same and not even coming close to the original is just mad.

Englisch EPL or how its called, got a tv deal for 10 million.. compare that to the mens tv deal alone.. They dont sell the merch like mens teams do, they dont attract that much viewers in the stands ( without pandemic ), they dont attract that much viewers on tv etc etc etc.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sun May 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Oh man I never meant to start such a debate! Just pointing out that there seems to be the same situation developing as in the men’s game. English clubs “buying” success. Even though the money is clearly much much less than that involved in men’s football
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:They can cry about the pay they want as much as they want, but aslong as womens football is as cringely bad as it is, they will never come near fans/wages/tv deals etc for it.

I tried to watch parts of it, but man it is just so bad. They blindly kick almost every long ball forward, shots often have no precision or power. Goalies are 95% just mannequins who dont know how to go to a ball. Its just painful to watch and i can only laugh about how they talk about the fact they want to have equal pay in this sport. Its nothing against women at all.

But its like a surgeon and me doing the same job, and i want the same pay as the real deal. #-o
I think you are totally wrong especially on the goalkeepers argument.
I used to say the same but last world cup changed my mind.
I can still remember the aussie and the dutch keepers... They were amazing... And overall the position improved big time.

Also I suggest google in this name, Hayle Bugeja a 16 yr old who plays at Sassuolo
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Tbh I never really know what to think about the gender pay gap. I used to think it’s for the same reason you mentioned: different jobs etc. and using absolute numbers. But going off my own experience I’m not sure anymore. In the writing and translation sectors, back when I was looking for full time jobs, I’ve consistently been offered better starting salaries than all my university friends (these sectors have like a 90-95% female rate of students in Malta). Now there are other cases to be made here: for example, I have a Master’s degree in translation whereas most in Malta only have a postgraduate diploma, I applied for writing jobs holding two Master’s degrees and not one, my final classifications are higher than most, and so on. But there are also cases which suggest otherwise. For example, me and a friend being offered the same entry job as a translator for a new agency, at the time both with no experience and having followed the same courses with the same grades, but I was offered a higher starting salary (funnily enough she took that job and I didn’t). Or another friend, the only one who’s ever topped me at University, consistently and by a lot, being offered significantly less money for an editing job than I have been offered in the past (there were a few years and Covid between the applications, but still).
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that there is no discrimination in the workplace or anything of the sort, just that in this particular case female football players should just recognize the simple fact that their industry just doesn't generate as a much income.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 02, 2021 11:20 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Tbh I never really know what to think about the gender pay gap. I used to think it’s for the same reason you mentioned: different jobs etc. and using absolute numbers. But going off my own experience I’m not sure anymore. In the writing and translation sectors, back when I was looking for full time jobs, I’ve consistently been offered better starting salaries than all my university friends (these sectors have like a 90-95% female rate of students in Malta). Now there are other cases to be made here: for example, I have a Master’s degree in translation whereas most in Malta only have a postgraduate diploma, I applied for writing jobs holding two Master’s degrees and not one, my final classifications are higher than most, and so on. But there are also cases which suggest otherwise. For example, me and a friend being offered the same entry job as a translator for a new agency, at the time both with no experience and having followed the same courses with the same grades, but I was offered a higher starting salary (funnily enough she took that job and I didn’t). Or another friend, the only one who’s ever topped me at University, consistently and by a lot, being offered significantly less money for an editing job than I have been offered in the past (there were a few years and Covid between the applications, but still).
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that there is no discrimination in the workplace or anything of the sort, just that in this particular case female football players should just recognize the simple fact that their industry just doesn't generate as a much income.
I was mostly replying to #12 there. On the whole I agree when it comes to football.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 02, 2021 11:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
I was mostly replying to #12 there. On the whole I agree when it comes to football.
Lol, that was super egocentric first child from me. I'm embarrassed
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon May 03, 2021 4:56 am

But this is just like with tennis

If they want equal pay, then they need to compete with men. Problem is that there wouldn't be any single women in any professional league.

Just like in tennis there would be no women in the Top 500. Which means women would get zero prize money.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon May 03, 2021 8:41 am

It ultimately comes down to supply and demand and only indirectly related to how better males are than females. If more people wanted to watch women's football than men's football it matters little that men play better football: the women would get more money.

Of course, women's football is however unpopular simply because it is very low quality. I mean remember when FC Dallas U15s beat the US' Women's National Team 5-2? By that measure, FC Bayern's U14 (at least the same level as FC Dallas U15) would probably beat FC Bayern Frauen's team (which are inferior to the USWNT). Now, who's paying money to watch Bayern's U14 squad? Can anyone here even name a single FC Bayern U14 player from memory?

If women want more money, they first need to dramatically increase the quality, after that they can hope to get more viewers interested. Then and only then would they deserve more money, because their product is selling. I'm ready to watch women's football if it was at the very same level as men's football, but if it indeed was, there wouldn't actually be a need to discriminate between sexes, and football clubs would be able to field 11 players with whatever mix of genders they prefer. THAT would be merit-based.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Mon May 03, 2021 12:41 pm

In the case of the USWNT, which is consistently among the best in the world and wins trophies regularly, I can understand the ire at being paid less the our pathetic men's team :lol:
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:They can cry about the pay they want as much as they want, but aslong as womens football is as cringely bad as it is, they will never come near fans/wages/tv deals etc for it.

I tried to watch parts of it, but man it is just so bad. They blindly kick almost every long ball forward, shots often have no precision or power. Goalies are 95% just mannequins who dont know how to go to a ball. Its just painful to watch and i can only laugh about how they talk about the fact they want to have equal pay in this sport. Its nothing against women at all.

But its like a surgeon and me doing the same job, and i want the same pay as the real deal. #-o
I think you are totally wrong especially on the goalkeepers argument.
I used to say the same but last world cup changed my mind.
I can still remember the aussie and the dutch keepers... They were amazing... And overall the position improved big time.

Also I suggest google in this name, Hayle Bugeja a 16 yr old who plays at Sassuolo

Maybe those 2.. but i've seen goalies from other NT's that cringed everything possible at how they let in crosses or boxed them in their own goal..
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:27 pm

I suggest her for our Women's tm
16 years old - 10 goals already in the serie A italia
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:01 pm

Pittbay wrote:In the case of the USWNT, which is consistently among the best in the world and wins trophies regularly, I can understand the ire at being paid less the our pathetic men's team :lol:
Well, but it’s a globalized market and without being disrespectful, it‘s still probably true your FA makes more money from the men than it dies from the women...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Wolfsburg women 1-1 Bayern women. Still 2 points ahead. They had the lead until the 82nd minute it seems. 2 Matches to go.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:22 am

Bayern should approach this girl who has just turned 17 before someone else snatches her... In fact Lyon have already enquired about her.

In her Serie A season debut she scored twelve goals which made her the team's top scorer and fourth overall in the serie A

https://sportsdesk.com.mt/2021/05/23/wa ... op-scorer/
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon May 24, 2021 8:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Bayern should approach this girl who has just turned 17 before someone else snatches her... In fact Lyon have already enquired about her.

In her Serie A season debut she scored twelve goals which made her the team's top scorer and fourth overall in the serie A

https://sportsdesk.com.mt/2021/05/23/wa ... op-scorer/

Too old for Ribery.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion