You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby gumboduncan » Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 pm

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/s ... 2821/34099

It looks like Bayern will have Audi as their shareholder and sponsor until at least 2025. BMW have ended talks as Audi won't terminate their contract early with Bayern.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 18, 2019 1:13 pm

gumboduncan wrote:https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/sponsorendeal-zwischen-bayern-muenchen-und-bmw-ist-geplatzt/11722821/34099

It looks like Bayern will have Audi as their shareholder and sponsor until at least 2025. BMW have ended talks as Audi won't terminate their contract early with Bayern.

The end of the article (if I understand correctly) says they also pulled out because Audi are seeking to renew until 2032 with an offer of 1 billion euro, which is too expensive for BMW.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:33 pm

BMW was only at 800 million, right? hey we've always loved Audi 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Bayern's €800m sponsorship deal with BMW is off.
A BMW spokesman told FAZ: "We have ended the talks and will not be sponsor. It's economically unreasonable"
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:24 pm

So 0000 will remain?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 18, 2019 4:00 pm

nm462272 wrote:BMW was only at 800 million, right? hey we've always loved Audi 8)

Yeah but I’m not sure whether it was over the same period of time (12 years).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:25 pm

BMW offered 800m for 10 years... As it stands, Audi offer 1BILLION for seven... I would have preferred BMW, but if that is true, the decision is only logical and I like it even more
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Sat May 18, 2019 6:27 pm

#12 wrote:BMW offered 800m for 10 years... As it stands, Audi offer 1BILLION for seven... I would have preferred BMW, but if that is true, the decision is only logical and I like it even more
1 billions for 7 years ? How ? Where did you see that ??

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby #12 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Coman wrote:
#12 wrote:BMW offered 800m for 10 years... As it stands, Audi offer 1BILLION for seven... I would have preferred BMW, but if that is true, the decision is only logical and I like it even more
1 billions for 7 years ? How ? Where did you see that ??

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

It says BMW pulled out because it’s not economically feasible...
We know Audi offered 800m for ten years starting 2025, we also know Audi offer 1 billion till 2032... So I put one and one together...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 pm

The way I understand it they would sign the contract starting 2020 which I assume renders the previous one void? Which makes it 1 billion for 12 years. Still pretty good.

Not sure, may be mistaken.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 pm

Pelin wrote:Our biggest problem is Kalle and Uli's way. They have high ego and they always think they know the best. they don't even accept criticism.Though our big sponsorship deals are outdated, Kalle said that we expect to break 700 m euros revenue barrier for this season. They are not forcing companies to renew our sponsorship deals. this is not their way. they won't sign James to sell him with a profit. this is not their way. they didn't sign a top quality winger since 3 years and showed grattiude to Ribery. they sacrificed the season for showing last gratitude to Ribery this season.

Real and Barca get 50 m euros from membership revenue.%10 of their revenue is from other branches. so, they have +110-125 m euros revenue advantage compared to us. They renewed their big sponsporship deals with big increases. They are investing on stadiums to generate more revenue.
so, Uli and Kalle better act and renew that outdated sponsorship deals. Even Arsenal gets 60 m pounds from adidas.Our DT deal is low too.
we are getting 6 m euros from AA naming rights. this is a crime. Bayern's generating revenue capability is great. however, we are using very little of this potential.l hope this changes with Kahn.

Uli and Kalle`s way was what got us to where we are...and it is funny to say they dont do well with commercial contracts when in fact we are the most succesful club in the world when it comes to commercial revenue for the last 20 years (if you dont consider PSG and Man City fake commercial financing).

We have most club members in the world and I am happy that our club doesnt charge too much for membership as we value our fans. But we still get a lot of money from our members. Fans first! that is what this club is all about. I am happy that we are not same as Barcelona and Real Madrid when it comes to that.

When it comes to Adidas deal. We get around 60 mil € / year. others get more. But what you forgot to mention is that our deal with Adidas is different. Most of the clubs signed a deal that gives most of the merchendise rights to the likes of Adidas and Nike. Dont know how exactly our deal works but it was mentioned that we own a lot of those rights and all profits from official Adidas kit and other stuff that we sell online or in our stores are ours to keep. So that is why we always have more than 100mil€ revenue in merchendising alone.

Those official numbers are just one side of the story...but there is much more behind it.
And even when there are contracts for 10 more years...we somehow agree to get a better deal over and over again.

We managed to become one of the best clubs in the world for the last 10 years...while paying every loan we had, make a surplus of some 200-300 mil cash, make a new youth academy and much more. That is something we need to be proud of. No club in the world managed to do that, while breaking records after records and winning all those trophies.

I agree that sometimes we need to be more ruthless when it comes to transfers. But we cant be mad at our board because they are kind to our players that gave everything to this club. I respect that even if sometimes I dont agree with it. But that makes us what we are.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:36 am

perfectly said... Bayern's financial management is one more reason to admire this club =D> =D>
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby gumboduncan » Sun May 19, 2019 10:57 am

Great post sch0ll7. The way this club has been managed over the last 20 years or so, is an example for every top club around Europe. The way the board has paid off our stadium debt is fantastic. Selling minority shares to big German companies in order to pay the debt off early was one of the best decisions the board has made. I think some of the fans here forget how enviable Bayern's position is. We're debt free, have one of the biggest fan base of the big clubs (and still growing), have one of the (if not the best) stadium in the world, great training facilities and recently we opened a brand new youth training facility. And to top it off our team is winning titles every season and very competitive in Europe as well (not this season sadly). We can be really proud how this club is managed.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby gonzo » Sun May 19, 2019 11:08 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
Pelin wrote:Our biggest problem is Kalle and Uli's way. They have high ego and they always think they know the best. they don't even accept criticism.Though our big sponsorship deals are outdated, Kalle said that we expect to break 700 m euros revenue barrier for this season. They are not forcing companies to renew our sponsorship deals. this is not their way. they won't sign James to sell him with a profit. this is not their way. they didn't sign a top quality winger since 3 years and showed grattiude to Ribery. they sacrificed the season for showing last gratitude to Ribery this season.

Real and Barca get 50 m euros from membership revenue.%10 of their revenue is from other branches. so, they have +110-125 m euros revenue advantage compared to us. They renewed their big sponsporship deals with big increases. They are investing on stadiums to generate more revenue.
so, Uli and Kalle better act and renew that outdated sponsorship deals. Even Arsenal gets 60 m pounds from adidas.Our DT deal is low too.
we are getting 6 m euros from AA naming rights. this is a crime. Bayern's generating revenue capability is great. however, we are using very little of this potential.l hope this changes with Kahn.

Uli and Kalle`s way was what got us to where we are...and it is funny to say they dont do well with commercial contracts when in fact we are the most succesful club in the world when it comes to commercial revenue for the last 20 years (if you dont consider PSG and Man City fake commercial financing).

We have most club members in the world and I am happy that our club doesnt charge too much for membership as we value our fans. But we still get a lot of money from our members. Fans first! that is what this club is all about. I am happy that we are not same as Barcelona and Real Madrid when it comes to that.

When it comes to Adidas deal. We get around 60 mil € / year. others get more. But what you forgot to mention is that our deal with Adidas is different. Most of the clubs signed a deal that gives most of the merchendise rights to the likes of Adidas and Nike. Dont know how exactly our deal works but it was mentioned that we own a lot of those rights and all profits from official Adidas kit and other stuff that we sell online or in our stores are ours to keep. So that is why we always have more than 100mil€ revenue in merchendising alone.

Those official numbers are just one side of the story...but there is much more behind it.
And even when there are contracts for 10 more years...we somehow agree to get a better deal over and over again.

We managed to become one of the best clubs in the world for the last 10 years...while paying every loan we had, make a surplus of some 200-300 mil cash, make a new youth academy and much more. That is something we need to be proud of. No club in the world managed to do that, while breaking records after records and winning all those trophies.

I agree that sometimes we need to be more ruthless when it comes to transfers. But we cant be mad at our board because they are kind to our players that gave everything to this club. I respect that even if sometimes I dont agree with it. But that makes us what we are.

we need to be more flexible with the transfers ! that's my only critique ...
gonzo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Fénix » Sun May 19, 2019 11:42 am

In my opinion, Bayern's financial management is the best in the world without any competition, light years better, transparent and fair unlike the one from Real Madrid over the last 20 years where they manipulated with the local authorities to erase their debts literally over the night and Uefa after 20 years hasn't finished their investigation yet that some media still from time to time like to mention this.

We have no minuses in our accounts, only pluses. That's something that has always been our trademark and has always made us different from all other European elite clubs. We thought FFP would give us power and stop these clubs from spending, taking loans and going into big losses, but they found ways and instruments how to bypass all this and make it even worse.

On the other side, our squad/transfer management isn't following the financial aspect over the last 5 years. After the 2013/2014 season, our transfer policy and decisions were everything but good and positive long-term. We have actually faced a downgrade over the last 4-5 years and started to go in a completely wrong direction and 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 have proven exactly this decline.

This must be changed as soon as possible and as quickly as possible. If we have sacrificed the season for Ribery and Robben, then let's win the Pokalfinale and turn the next empty page and start write another great story like in summer 2011 and the summer after.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion