You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby Coman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Bayern is in the TOP 4 of biggest jersey sellers between 2011 and 2018. "We're barely getting in top 10" is a nice joke.

Or maybe you're already talking about how it will be when our super signing will be Thauvin, Rebic or Pépé.
4-3-3 : Neuer (Ulreich) - Kimmich (Pavard) Süle (Martinez) Hernandez (Boateng) Alaba (Davies) - Goretzka (Tolisso) Thiago (Cuisance) Coutinho (Sanches) - Gnabry (Müller) Lewandowski (Arp) Coman (Perisic)
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm

IsiahRashad: "So, you are pointing out that the 85m that they spend on reconstruction works in the recent 4 years is the main reason for not spending big on players? Comeone dude, you can find better excuse than that"

I never said that they aren't spending money on players because they've been spending on construction. Posters like you, #12 and Hardrade are always posting negative things. You guys complain about everything and you can't even praise what's been done well, like the upgrade on Allianz Arena. You always expect more. If the Allianz Arena would've been coded with gold you would complain about it and say it should be with silver.

I can understand the complain about not spending last summer. In hindsight the board should've bought a winger and maybe a CB. But I'm pretty sure they didn't expect our best winger (Coman) to injure himself in our first game and miss 3 months. Now that Uli and Kalle are saying that they'll spend next summer, that's also not good for you guys. Nothing is.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Coman wrote:Bayern is in the TOP 4 of biggest jersey sellers between 2011 and 2018. "We're barely getting in top 10" is a nice joke.

Or maybe you're already talking about how it will be when our super signing will be Thauvin, Rebic or Pépé.

I've never been high on these players you mention. I like Rebic for his hard work, but we need talent more then hard work IMO. Thauvin is a player that is not Bayern material IMO. Has good stats, but disappears in big matches. Pépé is a player I've never liked.

A winger I really like is Christian Pulisic. I like his talent and I like his marketability. He would help us sell jerseys.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Coman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:56 pm

gumboduncan wrote:
Coman wrote:Bayern is in the TOP 4 of biggest jersey sellers between 2011 and 2018. "We're barely getting in top 10" is a nice joke.

I've never been high on these players you mention. I like Rebic for his hard work, but we need talent more then hard work IMO. Thauvin is a player that is not Bayern material IMO. Has good stats, but disappears in big matches. Pépé is a player I've never liked.

A winger I really like is Christian Pulisic. I like his talent and I like his marketability. He would help us sell jerseys.

=D>
4-3-3 : Neuer (Ulreich) - Kimmich (Pavard) Süle (Martinez) Hernandez (Boateng) Alaba (Davies) - Goretzka (Tolisso) Thiago (Cuisance) Coutinho (Sanches) - Gnabry (Müller) Lewandowski (Arp) Coman (Perisic)
Coman
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
France

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:40 pm

gumboduncan wrote:IsiahRashad: "So, you are pointing out that the 85m that they spend on reconstruction works in the recent 4 years is the main reason for not spending big on players? Comeone dude, you can find better excuse than that"

I never said that they aren't spending money on players because they've been spending on construction. Posters like you, #12 and Hardrade are always posting negative things. You guys complain about everything and you can't even praise what's been done well, like the upgrade on Allianz Arena. You always expect more. If the Allianz Arena would've been coded with gold you would complain about it and say it should be with silver.

I can understand the complain about not spending last summer. In hindsight the board should've bought a winger and maybe a CB. But I'm pretty sure they didn't expect our best winger (Coman) to injure himself in our first game and miss 3 months. Now that Uli and Kalle are saying that they'll spend next summer, that's also not good for you guys. Nothing is.

In what World you are living on? Yes, it's looking like they didn't expect the injury of Coman, I guess it's so hard to read a paper with the teams injury history in the recent years. It's not like Coman missed 20 games last season, 19 games in 16/17 and he missed 17 games already this season. Wow. What a big surprise. It's not like Gnabry is not resistent to muscle injuries, but I guess the grandpass will help us to win the Champions League , if they are fit of course.

Yes, I expect more. It's called ambition. I'm grateful for everything that they done in the past, but they messed up huge in the last 3 years.

Excuse me for being ambitious, and don't remind me the constitution.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:48 pm

gumboduncan wrote:IsiahRashad: "So, you are pointing out that the 85m that they spend on reconstruction works in the recent 4 years is the main reason for not spending big on players? Comeone dude, you can find better excuse than that"

No we’re just not as deluded as you and don’t believe every shit they serve... NOTHING was done well recently... It’s not just last summer either... And if course it’s not good cause with our puny laughable budget we cannot make right what we **** up for years... In case you don’t know there’s such a thing called taxes...
Didn’t expect Coman to be injured? The guy has missed more games than he played...

Last but not least, announcing big spending is inflating prices even more - great move for a miser club...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:49 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:

In what World you are living on? Yes, it's looking like they didn't expect the injury of Coman, I guess it's so hard to read a paper with the teams injury history in the recent years. It's not like Coman missed 20 games last season, 19 games in 16/17 and he missed 17 games already this season. Wow. What a big surprise. It's not like Gnabry is not resistent to muscle injuries, but I guess the grandpass will help us to win the Champions League , if they are fit of course.

Yes, I expect more. It's called ambition. I'm grateful for everything that they done in the past, but they messed up huge in the last 3 years.

Excuse me for being ambitious, and don't remind me the constitution.

I‘m gonna have to revoke your stadium entry!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Only Real Madrid and Man United have more revenue growth then Bayern from 2010. Of course I don't count PSG and Man City since their sponsorship deals aren't reliable. That's pretty good from Bayern. Real Madrid is only €5 million above us and yet they had the most marketable player in history (Ronaldo) in their squad for all these years.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Pelin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:29 am

First off, we are not doing great financially since 2 years. Our revenue should have increased much more. we only got 41 m euros revenue increase.
30 m euros of this number came from sponsorship deals. if l am not mistaken we only got 17 m euros from TV deal. we had 20 m euros revenue decrease due to marketing and merchandising. this is worrisome for us. otherwise, our revenue could have increased around 70-80 m euros. this is why, only 41 m euros revenue increase is a failure for us.

Second off, our merchandising revenue is decreasing since 2 years despite James factor, who is one of top 5 marketable players in the world. this is a problem our MGT needs to focus.

Then, Barca and Real renewed their long term sponsorship deals with big increases. Real benefited from CL pretty well. Real is getting 50 m euros from membership revenue. After all, Barca and Real's revenue consists of other branches while our revenue consists of only football. for instance, Barca's total wages are 562 m euros, while football wages are 487 m euros. however, this shouldn't be an excuse for us.

Poor TV revenue is a big problem for us. Although new SKY deal had over %80 increase, we only got 17 m euros increase, since share was not fair. That was favour of low and midtable BL clubs. l think Rauball noticed his mistake and decided to leave. since, new deal didn't increase BVB's, Gladbach's Schalke's revenue much. Kalle said that we want 200 m euros, however, he did nothing for a better share. Bayern MGT shouldn't repeat the same mistake in 2020.

Poor CL market poor revenue was one of the disadvantages Bayern had. After new Sky deal, it's said our revenue from market pool could increase by 40-50 m euros. we also had many sponsorship deals this year. we will also get revenue increase thanks to new our overseas deals such as China.
it's said that new media can be 5th big revenue pillar. we can get 30 m euros increase from new Audi/BMW deal. l hope MGT can manage this.

Market prices are crazy, so, we must adapt to that prices, this is why, we must increase our revenue. English clubs benefits from inflated prices in PL when they sell players. they are creating resale value via their youth too. Their owners can transfer money to clubs via shares or loans. we don't have this advantages.
Pelin
I post all the time

Postby Pelin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:42 am

First off, our MGT really spend big money on non related football matters. Only Bayern campus costed 100 m euros alone. Their yearly investment for AA, renewing stores, they are now investing on new media. when they do all of this in 2-3 years time, this a problem. Second off, renewing with both Robbery was a massive mistake. actually, not signing a winger in the last 2 years was a massive mistake. we all knew that Coman and Gnabry has high injury risks, so Müller and Robbery could get big playing time.
Pelin
I post all the time

Re: European Football

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:51 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:57 pm

^ Can someone please explain what "Players' balance sheet value" and "Original transfer fees ('squad cost')" actually mean in layman's terms?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm

MUTU wrote:^ Can someone please explain what "Players' balance sheet value" and "Original transfer fees ('squad cost')" actually mean in layman's terms?

The amount recorded as "Original transfer fees" is the sum of all the transfer fees paid by a team to buy its players. It is the cost to buy all those players.

For a football club, players are assets just as much as patents, buildings, machineries or credits for whatever company. Their value has to be written in the balance sheet of a company. However, this value is different from the original transfer fee. I don't know how this value is determined, but it has to be a reasonable estimate based on the value of a future resale and the probability of that resale at a low price (based on performances, contract lenght etc.).
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
MUTU wrote:^ Can someone please explain what "Players' balance sheet value" and "Original transfer fees ('squad cost')" actually mean in layman's terms?

The amount recorded as "Original transfer fees" is the sum of all the transfer fees paid by a team to buy its players. It is the cost to buy all those players.

For a football club, players are assets just as much as patents, buildings, machineries or credits for whatever company. Their value has to be written in the balance sheet of a company. However, this value is different from the original transfer fee. I don't know how this value is determined, but it has to be a reasonable estimate based on the value of a future resale and the probability of that resale at a low price (based on performances, contract lenght etc.).
There is something strange in there... PSG can't have only 180mn in players recorded in it's balance sheet. Both Mbappe and Neymar are worth more. They must be using some kind of accounting trick to fool ffp or something. Also, their acquisition costs seem understated too. Are both on loans or something? :-/

Also, I would guess clubs record players at historical cost and then amortize their value. I would guess that it is the contract that gets on balance sheets, not the player in itself.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion