You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:13 pm

Yeah the debt thing... Been hearing that for 20 years and guess what? They still win more than us... ;)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:54 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah the debt thing... Been hearing that for 20 years and guess what? They still win more than us... ;)

One day they will come crumbling down and they they will be as shocked as you..anyway its better to win with dignity that with malice and shame the way Franco FC or Referee FC do..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:19 pm

prasun77 wrote:
#12 wrote:Yeah the debt thing... Been hearing that for 20 years and guess what? They still win more than us... ;)

One day they will come crumbling down and they they will be as shocked as you..anyway its better to win with dignity that with malice and shame the way Franco FC or Referee FC do..

Please
Can we cut the fucking polemics?
They are very very much healthy clubs... Not that I think we should start making debts like crazy, but stop acting like a fucking prince on a high horse...
One day...
Kid yourself if you want to...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby theundead » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:41 pm

prasun77 wrote:

I'm not a finance person, but from what I remember from the finance classes I had to take is that a certain amount of debt is actually healthy and helps increase the company value.
If we take a loan and spend it wisely, we won't have any trouble.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
theundead
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby prasun77 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:44 pm

theundead wrote:
prasun77 wrote:

I'm not a finance person, but from what I remember from the finance classes I had to take is that a certain amount of debt is actually healthy and helps increase the company value.

Are they spending it wisely? or we are spending wisely? real madrid have bought some vinicius jr. for 35 million and he is a 15 year old..
Even you know their transfer policies are largely hit and miss and they spend unreasonable amounts of money on not so deserving players..In fact I would say PSG have a better transfer policy than barcelona..out of the players they bought only digne and jese flopped..if I start counting about barcelona I would die before the count completes.

Also they don't have certain amounts of debts you also know..they have HUGE debts..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby prasun77 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:49 pm

#12 wrote:
They are very very much healthy clubs...

Ok..lets take it head on..one at a time..I am leaving out ManUtd because its not even worthy of debate but ..lets take the next target..Barcelomna..

Barcelona are a much "healthy" club than us? Are you sure?

Spoiler: show
If yes then be prepared..I will rip your barcelona argument to shreds!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby theundead » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:56 pm

prasun77 wrote:
theundead wrote:
prasun77 wrote:[quote="#12"]Yeah the debt thing... Been hearing that for 20 years and guess what? They still win more than us... ;)

Are they spending it wisely? or we are spending wisely? real madrid have bought some vinicius jr. for 35 million and he is a 15 year old..
Even you know their transfer policies are largely hit and miss and they spend unreasonable amounts of money on not so deserving players..In fact I would say PSG have a better transfer policy than barcelona..out of the players they bought only digne and jese flopped..if I start counting about barcelona I would die before the count completes.

Also they don't have certain amounts of debts you also know..they have HUGE debts..[/quote]Vinicius jr is one example.
If you look at the bigger picture, real and Barca are the most successful clubs right now. They are getting good return on the investments they've done through taking loans.
And PSG have not spent wisely. Their only accomplishment this season was beating Carlo's Bayern.
Imo Man City have spent much better than PSG.

Say we have 35m to spend on a player. I'm pretty sure that we can get a loan of 35m to double the amount of money we have. We get a better player, we go further in the CL and recoup the interest. Long term, staying debt free is not the best strategy, speaking in very strict financial terms.
This link explains the concept very well.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/op ... ucture.asp

theundead
I post all the time

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby prasun77 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:02 pm

theundead wrote:Vinicius jr is one example.
If you look at the bigger picture, real and Barca are the most successful clubs right now. They are getting good return on the investments they've done through taking loans.
And PSG have not spent wisely. Their only accomplishment this season was beating Carlo's Bayern.

Say we have 35m to spend on a player. I'm pretty sure that we can get a loan of 35m to double the amount of money we have. We get a better player, we go further in the CL and recoup the interest. Long term, staying debt free is not the best strategy, speaking in very strict financial terms.

I agree but my point is not against small debts..the debts they have taken are not at all small..an amount like 35 million is recoverable but 325 million?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby theundead » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:10 pm

prasun77 wrote:

I agree but my point is not against small debts..the debts they have taken are not at all small..an amount like 35 million is recoverable but 325 million?
If you're able to generate enough revenues, even 325m is normal. Again, we haven't seen any signs of Madrid or Barca crumbling because of debt. So I'm pretty confident that their debts are manageable. Other clubs have made much worse financial decisions though.

theundead
I post all the time

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby prasun77 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:18 pm

theundead wrote:
prasun77 wrote:

If you're able to generate enough revenues, even 325m is normal. Again, we haven't seen any signs of Madrid or Barca crumbling because of debt. So I'm pretty confident that their debts are manageable. Other clubs have made much worse financial decisions though.

"For now" you are not seeing any signs..you yourself know when you will start seeing those signs don't you? :wink: I don't have to state right?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:30 pm

prasun77 wrote:
#12 wrote:
They are very very much healthy clubs...

Ok..lets take it head on..one at a time..I am leaving out ManUtd because its not even worthy of debate but ..lets take the next target..Barcelomna..

Barcelona are a much "healthy" club than us? Are you sure?

Spoiler: show
If yes then be prepared..I will rip your barcelona argument to shreds!

Read again ;)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:10 pm

At the end of the day you need to have money to compete or "be successful". It's the same with any company. It's either in debt or in equity. Debt is not the devil. In a perfect world you'd operate debt-free. Sure. But at the end of the day: a team with 250m in the bank and zero debt will ALWAYS have less money available to invest and put to use than a team with 250m in the bank and 250m borrowed. Perhaps an exaggerated example, but you get the point. Clubs like Madrid and Barca have operated under a health level of debt for ages, they're not at any risk of "crumbling" or whatever. Being debt-free for the sake of being able to say you're debt-free doesn't really help the club other than being able to pat itself on the back and say "good job guys".
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:23 pm

aterford wrote:At the end of the day you need to have money to compete or "be successful". It's the same with any company. It's either in debt or in equity. Debt is not the devil. In a perfect world you'd operate debt-free. Sure. But at the end of the day: a team with 250m in the bank and zero debt will ALWAYS have less money available to invest and put to use than a team with 250m in the bank and 250m borrowed. Perhaps an exaggerated example, but you get the point. Clubs like Madrid and Barca have operated under a health level of debt for ages, they're not at any risk of "crumbling" or whatever. Being debt-free for the sake of being able to say you're debt-free doesn't really help the club other than being able to pat itself on the back and say "good job guys".

And we‘ve always been the best at that... Problem being, complacency is a step back...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 03, 2018 9:44 pm

:roll:

Also, Europe's biggest spenders in the last 10 years:

1. Manchester City (£1.4bn)

2. Barcelona (£1.015bn)

3. Paris Saint-Germain (£1.014bn)

4. Chelsea (£1bn)

5. Manchester United (£898m)

6. Real Madrid (£862m)

7. Liverpool (£820m)

8. Juventus (£811m)
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 04, 2018 2:19 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Image

:roll:

Also, Europe's biggest spenders in the last 10 years:

1. Manchester City (£1.4bn)

2. Barcelona (£1.015bn)

3. Paris Saint-Germain (£1.014bn)

4. Chelsea (£1bn)

5. Manchester United (£898m)

6. Real Madrid (£862m)

7. Liverpool (£820m)

8. Juventus (£811m)
Is that Net or Gross spending? Doesn't look right with Juve so high...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion