You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby Reinhart » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Simple economics, where there is supply there is demand. Premier League simply is more in demand than either La Liga and the Bundesliga so broadcasters are willing to spend the money in order to outbid each other for TV rights. You might not think that the Premier League is up to snuff but that doesn't change how others feel just like how Budweiser makes a profit brewing their "delicious" beer.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ottackon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:08 pm

It's like the stock exchange nowadays, prices are high without any economic justification.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Bundesliga falling behind Premier League, warns Rummenigge

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... 13669092/-?
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 am

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:20 pm

"If we were to market our own TV rights we could earn 200 million euros, four times as much as now."

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Tedesco » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:23 pm

That would be for everyone else in the buli. Terrible idea, just look at spain.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Bayern can obviously make a lot from such a plan. Dartmstadt et al. not so much. Not going to happen.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Reinhart » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:14 pm

This would not be good for the Bundesliga as it would cause an enormous imbalance in the haves and have-nots. The Bundesliga needs to do whatever it takes to remain competitive as well as make a profit. This would ultimately benefit Bayern as the smaller clubs could buy quality players and make the league stronger and that's what will draw viewers to the league.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:42 pm

I don't know if you are only reading the headlines, but KHR has suggested that " all clubs negotiate their own TV contracts with larger teams contributing 50 percent to a solidarity fund to protect the league's smaller clubs".
There are people here who believe that he is a moron, but I don't think that he speaks without having thought of that matter with experts.
DFL chief executive has also warned fans that "the body may resort to 'unpopular measures' to reach its target."
The bottom line is that Bundesliga and especially Bayern Munich are in danger of being swallowed by english clubs if some drastic actions are not taken rapidly.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Reinhart » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:16 pm

I think the largest clubs contributing 50% of their TV revenue to the smaller clubs is a great idea for the present but ultimately they need to do something about making the league more attractive.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Reinhart wrote:I think the largest clubs contributing 50% of their TV revenue to the smaller clubs is a great idea for the present but ultimately they need to do something about making the league more attractive.

There are many things the league could do to increase its appeal (I dont support these measures so please no grilling)
- Add two teams for a total of 20 (this way ensures that the Hoppenheims, Ingolstadts and Leipzigs of this world dont crowd out Kaiserlautern, Köln etc.
- Create a League Cup - doesnt have to be identical to the English League Cup, but something like the Top 10 Buli teams from the past season and the Top 10 from the 2. Bundesliga or any other mode
- Introduce playoffs for the BuLi title
- Get rid of the winter break (lots of people off from work/school with nothing better to do than watch football on TV)
- Create team of the season games (i.e. BuLI top XI vs. Ligue 1 top XI) and have that game the same week as the German Super Cup, both of which could be held in foreign countries)
There are a million options, some less popular than others and I think the execs are working on ideas, but unfortunately they are simply a few years too late. These efforts should have started five years ago and not now.
Btw, I think reintroducing the Super Cup was a great idea, but having it in Wolfsburg in their 30,000 stadium is simply a waste when the game could fill a stadium with 80-90k
Edit: the first match day could also be played abroad
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby ottackon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:58 am

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby German-American » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:58 pm

My dad used to work for a bank inNew York called Bayern LB. Anyone in the Munich area are probably familiar with it. He told me the other day that the FC Bayern CFO, Jan-Christian Dreesen, used to work in the same bank as him(not the same building obviously). My dad met him one time, because he had some management position while working at the bank and he traveled to Munich a lot to have meetings.
Its a small world ;)
Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:59 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion