You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby Bazi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:51 pm

I believe the list is no longer accurate. We are going to receive ~€ 50M this season thanks to the new contract.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Dalv wrote:what the hell, why would they pay that italian football that much money. even their stadiums are empty, it's really depressing to watch il calcio

The problem lies with Germans. You see, the big majority of leagues' TV revenue is from their own country. Italy, despite the lower population, is able to accumulate far more money from residents for watching the Serie A than Germany's able to do it for the Bundesliga. The Italians are prepared to pay much more money to watch football on TV than the Germans. Guess it's like a culture thing.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:32 pm

MUTU wrote: The Italians are prepared to pay much more money to watch football on TV than the Germans. Guess it's like a culture thing.

Just curious, would a TV subscription be cheaper for a matchday ticket generally then?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 pm

runaway wrote:
MUTU wrote: The Italians are prepared to pay much more money to watch football on TV than the Germans. Guess it's like a culture thing.

Just curious, would a TV subscription be cheaper for a matchday ticket generally then?

I don't think that the two are related much. As in, logic tells you that if less fans go to the stadium, more will watch on TV, but then only a small percentage of fans make it to the stadium in Bayern's case anyway. The number of worldwide Bayern fans that DON'T go to the stadium is several magnitudes of times larger than the fans packing the stands at the home matches (which again is only half of the matches in a season).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:11 pm

I mean in Germany. In my case, sports (basketball and our local football league) is shown in free channels not in cable so I don't pay anything.
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:09 pm

There's a rule that some games need to be aired free on open broadcast in Germany. I'm not sure which ones, when or how it works.
tflags

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Its an article in German.. About Bayern finances over the last year, the have a couple new records :) Which makes them the most profitable football club in the world right now aswell as the Allianz Arena that is paid off completely now :)

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussba ... 67201.html
Ottomeister13

Postby Bazi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:52 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Its an article in German.. About Bayern finances over the last year, the have a couple new records :) Which makes them the most profitable football club in the world right now aswell as the Allianz Arena that is paid off completely now :)

'Most profitable' is a little ambiguous. There are clubs with bigger profits and higher turnovers than Bayern München, but this year's financial result certainly strengthens our positions as one of Europe's behemoths at the same level as Manchester and Madrid. The reports about the Allianz Arena finally being paid off are also exciting, because a while ago our CFO didn't sound so certain about the possibility of repaying the stadium debt prematurely. I guess we are going to get the details at the Annual General Meeting in November.

Some key facts:

Record turnover of € 528M which is 22% more than the € 432M last year, but it is better to use the revised turnover € 488M, because it excludes transfer fees. The profit of € 16.5M is solid, but it shows that our costs have also significantly increased, which is only normal, but something we have to keep an eye on. Merchandising alone accounts for € 105M of our revenue with the record-breaking amount of 1.2M jerseys sold, that's more than all the other 17 Bundesliga clubs sold in total!

Here an overview of the revised turnover of our biggest rivals:

1. Manchester United € 553M
2. FC Barcelona € 502M
3. Real Madrid € 489M
4. Bayern München € 488M

Manchester United is really the only club in world football which is on the same level in terms of commercial deals as both clubs show record-breaking results in Merchandising and Sponsoring every year. The € 67M gap to the Reds is pretty much the difference in TV revenue between United's € 113M and Bayern's € 50M a year. On the other hand, Bayern clearly surpasses Barcelona and Real Madrid on the commercial level and only ranks behind the Spanish giants, because of their incredible TV revenue of € 140M.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:46 am

Bazi wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:Its an article in German.. About Bayern finances over the last year, the have a couple new records :) Which makes them the most profitable football club in the world right now aswell as the Allianz Arena that is paid off completely now :)

'Most profitable' is a little ambiguous. There are clubs with bigger profits and higher turnovers than Bayern München, but this year's financial result certainly strengthens our positions as one of Europe's behemoths at the same level as Manchester and Madrid. The reports about the Allianz Arena finally being paid off are also exciting, because a while ago our CFO didn't sound so certain about the possibility of repaying the stadium debt prematurely. I guess we are going to get the details at the Annual General Meeting in November.

Some key facts:

Record turnover of € 528M which is 22% more than the € 432M last year, but it is better to use the revised turnover € 488M, because it excludes transfer fees. The profit of € 16.5M is solid, but it shows that our costs have also significantly increased, which is only normal, but something we have to keep an eye on. Merchandising alone accounts for € 105M of our revenue with the record-breaking amount of 1.2M jerseys sold, that's more than all the other 17 Bundesliga clubs sold in total!

Here an overview of the revised turnover of our biggest rivals:

1. Manchester United € 553M
2. FC Barcelona € 502M
3. Real Madrid € 489M
4. Bayern München € 488M

Manchester United is really the only club in world football which is on the same level in terms of commercial deals as both clubs show record-breaking results in Merchandising and Sponsoring every year. The € 67M gap to the Reds is pretty much the difference in TV revenue between United's € 113M and Bayern's € 50M a year. On the other hand, Bayern clearly surpasses Barcelona and Real Madrid on the commercial level and only ranks behind the Spanish giants, because of their incredible TV revenue of € 140M.

That number for RM is surely wrong. They already had a revised revenue (revenue without fees for sold players I suppose) of close to 520m last year. Surely they will have increased on that.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Dont forget the fact that Bayern has no debts and stuff, like RM, Barca and Man U have, i think that is taken into account aswell and hence they are called most profitable club in the world atm..
Ottomeister13

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Dont forget the fact that Bayern has no debts and stuff, like RM, Barca and Man U have, i think that is taken into account aswell and hence they are called most profitable club in the world atm..

What is taken into account is the loan repayments, which of course affect their profits. Bayern have no loan repayments, so they don't have that extra expenditure as the likes of the clubs you mentioned have.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Bazi wrote:Manchester United is really the only club in world football which is on the same level in terms of commercial deals as both clubs show record-breaking results in Merchandising and Sponsoring every year. The € 67M gap to the Reds is pretty much the difference in TV revenue between United's € 113M and Bayern's € 50M a year. On the other hand, Bayern clearly surpasses Barcelona and Real Madrid on the commercial level and only ranks behind the Spanish giants, because of their incredible TV revenue of € 140M.

I'm not making a comment until you adjust their revenues to currency fluctuations. :evil:
tflags

Postby runaway » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:46 pm

What is most admirable to me is despite the low TV revenue which drives MU's, RM's, and Barca's income up, we've been able to keep up with their earnings.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Bazi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:42 pm

runaway wrote:What is most admirable to me is despite the low TV revenue which drives MU's, RM's, and Barca's income up, we've been able to keep up with their earnings.

That's because having a huge audience in public television benefits our sponsorship deals a great deal. Imagine we could be only seen on pay-tv, we'd have a much smaller national audience and sponsors would obviously pay us less money, because they get less public exposure.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 pm

endrity wrote:That number for RM is surely wrong. They already had a revised revenue (revenue without fees for sold players I suppose) of close to 520m last year. Surely they will have increased on that.

That's what Real Madrid's financial report had to say:

"During the financial year ended June 30, 2014, the Club obtained net income of €102,083 thousand (June 30, 2013: €40,825 thousand) from the transfer of rights over several players to other clubs. The net profit from all disposals after deducting the net carrying amount totaled €51,908 thousand (June 30, 2013: €20,224 thousand) (Note 17.5)"."

To my understanding that means we have to subtract € 102M from their total revenue to get the revised revenue, but I'm not 100% sure.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion