You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby Payam » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:07 pm

My german isn't that good, but I think we sold 8.33% of our shares for 110 million euros.
Could somebody translate?

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayer ... .bild.html
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Tedesco » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Apparently yes. 8,33% for 110m€.

Just waiting for some official confirmation now. :P
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Bild: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayer ... .bild.html

Sport1: http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussba ... 44430.html

Allianz AG will become the third big shareholder. Supposedly they are paying 110 million Euro for 8.33% of the club (Adidas paid 75 mil€ in 2001 for 10% and Audi paid 90 for 9.09% in 2009)

As KHR has said repeatedly, that any future money from shareholders would not be used for transfers,but for infrastructure only. Meaning stadium and youth center. Bild sources say the entire 110 mil€ will be used to pay off the stadium.

What this means for us:

-Uli used to say the stadium will be paid off in 2016 or 2017 and when it's paid off, we will have between 25 and 30mil€ extra to spend every single year and that money will be invested in the team
-> After Allianz AG acquires 8.33% the stadium (340 mil€) will be paid off in full and our profits should increase by 25-30 mil€ every year.

-No US investor. There was speculation about an american investor.
-> Bayern will have three major shareholder, Adidas, Audi and Allianz -> AAA or A³, all German companies, no US, Chinese or arab investors

-The 8.33% going to Allianz AG causes an increase in capital that Adidas and Audi did not follow. This means that each of A³ now holds 8.33% of the FC Bayern AG.

- Deloitte valued the club at 1.3 bil. dollars if I remember correctly (2013 Forbes or something). 8.33% at 110 would mean that 100% of our shares are worth 1.3 bil.€

All in all today is a good day for Bayern.
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:27 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

FC Bayern Finances

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 pm

This is amazing news for Bayern! With this cash it can also be used to expand the AA Arena's seating capacity and the extra revenue can help ensure Bayern can pay competitive wages and transfer fees in the current market.

Edit: Also another piece of info has come to my attention:

German corporate law states that if a group of shareholders own at least 25%+1 of a companies shares they can block the boards decisions, this is called a "block minority". Since Bayern have issued more shares through a move called l"capital increase" and Audi and Adidas haven't bought any the three A's(Adidas, Allianz, and Audi) currently own 24.9% of Bayern Munich AG's shares meaning they have no influence over the boards decision's. So in short Bayern have sold more shares for money without relinquishing the full control of the club. What a great display of management by Bayern! :D

P.S Im no business expert, just happened to stumble upon some useful knowledge. If anyone knows better please correct me :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich terminate partnership with Imtech [source]

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BavarianBarbarian » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 am

FC Bayern set to open USA office [source]
Julian Green for President of the United States
BavarianBarbarian
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:38 pm

I just read about how many "german americans" are in USA. I couldnt believe it.

There are more than 50 mil or 17% of americans with German roots living in USA today.

this is from wikipedia page...

German Americans (German: Deutschamerikaner) are Americans who were either born in Germany or are of German ancestry. They comprise about 50 million people,[1] making them the largest ancestry group ahead of Irish Americans, African Americans and English Americans.[5] They comprise about 1⁄3 of the German diaspora in the world.[6][7][8]

More than Irish and English Americans...I never thought something like that is even possible.

Now I see why so many Americans love FC Bayern.

We could say that we have more fan potential in USA than Man Utd or Liverpool:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:18 am

sch0ll7 wrote:I just read about how many "german americans" are in USA. I couldnt believe it.

There are more than 50 mil or 17% of americans with German roots living in USA today.

this is from wikipedia page...

German Americans (German: Deutschamerikaner) are Americans who were either born in Germany or are of German ancestry. They comprise about 50 million people,[1] making them the largest ancestry group ahead of Irish Americans, African Americans and English Americans.[5] They comprise about 1⁄3 of the German diaspora in the world.[6][7][8]

More than Irish and English Americans...I never thought something like that is even possible.

Now I see why so many Americans love FC Bayern.

We could say that we have more fan potential in USA than Man Utd or Liverpool:)

That definitely wasn't my experience. I've only bumped randomly into a Bayern fan ONCE, we were waiting for our college ID cards to get printed when I saw him wearing a Bayern scarf, struck up a conversation, had a fist bump... Never seen him again afterwards though... When I went to get my jersey in 2011 (it was also the first year the shop chain carries Bayern jersey too), I asked the staff if they have a Bayern jacket to go along with it (never mind that the men's smallest size will never fit me), his reply was that "man, you guys just aren't popular enough for us to bring it here". Yeah disappointed. My ex has German roots, he is a Liverpool fan and none of his friends (unless they are Brits) or relatives care about soccer.

The only large gathering I had seen was during the 2010 CL final, and while that particular bar has more Bayern fans than Inter fans, the number of neutral fans outnumber both clubs' fans combined. In fact, the number of Man U, Liverpool, Real fans (way more than Barca) are pretty massive. Maybe it's just the Silicon Valley, but California is one of the most diverse state in the country, still I just never seem to bump into any Bayern fans... Maybe it's more common in other states... I don't know...

The east coast is more lucrative I believe, and I am a strong proponent of China being the main Asia-Pacific hub. Our board know what they are doing.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Thu May 01, 2014 7:58 am

Bayern have taken a higher TV income from the CL this season than the last. €60m as opposed to €55m last season. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Looks like we have the biggest increase from all top clubs. :D
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu May 08, 2014 2:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Looks like we have the biggest increase from all top clubs. :D

It doesn't look like - IT IS! 8)

More than obvious after last 2 fantastic seasons including this one. In the last two we were in three finals, 3/6, know we won one, out from CL semi-final, but there is Pokal to win it.

Worth to mention; Money isn't our problem at all. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

FC Bayern brand still the no 1 brand for 2014

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon May 26, 2014 11:08 am

Real Madrid may have won the CL but Bayern Munich are still no. 1 brand according the world's most valuable football brands by The Brand Finance Football 50 for 2014
With the CL win Real Madrid will get a revival and they maybe challenging this in the upcoming year. I hope that we will keep the memory of what they did to us this year and bounce back next season.

Manchester United brand devalued.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Re: FC Bayern brand still the no 1 brand for 2014

Postby SouthernStar » Mon May 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Always looking forward to these reports each year. Don't think the complete report is out yet, they usually wrote descriptions about each of the leagues at the very least.

My uni does discuss football marketing in one class to some extent and this yearly report are brought up every now and then for that class. Can't tell you how proud I was last year when the headline reads "Fussball's coming home. FC Bayern Becomes Football's Most Valuable Brand" (overtaking Man U).

:wink: =D> Image Image
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion