You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:09 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:17 pm

if we win the competition we will get to around 130mil€. let's gooo:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:29 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Min » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:18 pm

And they still are going to say they haven't got money for quality transfers...
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:46 pm

I don't get it either...
We're going to offload expensive contracts and cash in for some plus the earnings from the treble. Upamecano,Perisic, backup RB(15-20m) and a decent CDM can't be THAT much after such a season and the always good finances we have.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:07 pm

Achilles wrote:I don't get it either...
We're going to offload expensive contracts and cash in for some plus the earnings from the treble. Upamecano,Perisic, backup RB(15-20m) and a decent CDM can't be THAT much after such a season and the always good finances we have.

To play devil's advocate. They're going to lose the match-day revenue of at least 16 home games until the winter break. Plus the merchandising revenue from fans who buy jerseys during the visit to the Allianz Arena, visit the club museum or buy food and drink. That amounts to a loss of at least 50M € and probably eats up the entirety of the unexpected UEFA CL money. Then we also already spent big on Leroy Sané and probably agent and signing fees for the French kid from PSG whose name escapes me (Kouassi?).

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any money left, but there are legit reasons why our spending power is diminished.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 pm

I guess in addition to the ~130m in prize money, COVID's also claimed the 200m+ we had stored up for transfers already, too?
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 pm

aterford wrote:I guess in addition to the ~130m in prize money, COVID's also claimed the 200m+ we had stored up for transfers already, too?
"If only you knew all the players we've secured already!"

That said as we all - and especially me - have seen recently, things might still work out... But it’s not necessarily due or thanks to these clowns
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 am

aterford wrote:I guess in addition to the ~130m in prize money, COVID's also claimed the 200m+ we had stored up for transfers already, too?

We plan our budget with half of that prize money and the players receive a good chunk of the remainder as bonuses.The Sané transfer and agent fees, the Kouassi agent fees and signing fee (no transfer is ever actually "free"), the covid19 losses from last season, my guesstimated 50M € losses until Christmas and then you've got to add at least another 50M € in reserve if losses continue through 2021. Then we're talking about 170M € and counting.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:24 am

Bazi wrote:

We plan our budget with half of that prize money and the players receive a good chunk of the remainder as bonuses.The Sané transfer and agent fees, the Kouassi agent fees and signing fee (no transfer is ever actually "free"), the covid19 losses from last season, my guesstimated 50M € losses until Christmas and then you've got to add at least another 50M € in reserve if losses continue through 2021. Then we're talking about 170M € and counting.

I guess we'll see if that's the case or if we post another 100m profit at the AGM in a couple months.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 am

aterford wrote:
Bazi wrote:

I guess we'll see if that's the case or if we post another 100m profit at the AGM in a couple months.

I'm just playing devil's advocate for a moment because leading a company with hundreds of employees through a pandemic is no easy task and the losses can mount up to staggering sums in the blink of an eye. I don't think we should undererstimate those challenges and it's the responsibility of a board to safeguard the club for decades to come. A bit of a conservative approach is understandable and it's not like we haven't spend any money.

That being said, given our board's historic track-record I expect they're also being a bit stingy and even more cautious than they have to be.

Still, let's not pretend these are not challenging times for any business. Especially one with high fixed costs like ours.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:36 am

agree with everything Bazi is saying re: financial insecurity due to Corona. plus people need to remember that it's not only 2020 that's been impacted across the board, but also we still don't know for certain when/how things will go back to normal. the bosses must be financially conservative in this situation.

Maybe the bosses think that the areas of weakness from last season (lack of impact winger, lack of backup RB) have been or will be solved this window, and anything else is a "nice to have". After all, Bayern did just win the CL and is currently the best team in the world - don't NEED to make big changes in other areas, Thiago leaving notwithstanding.

I expect after Corona clears up (hopefully) in early/mid 2021, Bayern will be able to check the books and invest next summer where it's needed - DM, CB, maybe start looking for an heir to Müller, who knows.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 am

Yes that's a big unknown variable in any further business after we buy RB and winger no. 4. We don't know how this all will develop within the next 6-7 months.

In different scenario, we would have had right now almost 250-300 million € at disposal to spend, but COVID changes budget radically.

In December we were talking about Havertz and 100 mil € and in April how impossible is this mission to execute.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:47 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion