You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:43 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 am

ESPN+ adding Bundesliga to its growing soccer portfolio
ESPN+ is on the verge of adding what is arguably the second best international soccer league for television, The Post has learned.

Sources say that ESPN+ is in the final stages of picking up Germany’s Bundesliga to add to its growing array of soccer offerings. The whole package, according to sources with knowledge of the deal, is expected to be exclusively on Plus beginning in the 2020-2021 season.

The deal is not official yet, so it remains possible there could be some games on linear TV (regular ESPN channels), but at the least, an extremely high percentage will be on ESPN+, Disney’s $4.99 per month sports service.

ESPN declined comment.

This year, Bundesliga will be on Fox Sports, which includes games on FS1 and the Fox network.The German League is probably the second most appealing international soccer TV league deal for American fans after NBC Sports’ English Premier League. NBC also puts games on its main network, though the majority appear via NBCSN.

Spain’s La Liga, featuring Lionel Messi, is also in the conversation for best international soccer league. BeIN Sports broadcasts La Liga in the States.

The Bundesliga features Bayern Munich, which is annually one of the best teams in the world. The league did have the United States’ top player, Christian Pulisic, but now Pulisic has transferred from Borussia Dortmund to Chelsea, which could further boost NBC’s Premier League package.

Though the financials of the deal are unknown, it was likely worth more to Disney-owned ESPN+ than it is to Fox. The ratings of the league were more important to Fox, where as ESPN+ will use it to drive subscriptions and encourage retention.

ESPN+ has already become a destination for soccer fans. It has all out-of-market MLS games, Italy’s top league, Serie A, and England’s domestic competition, the FA Cup, on the still relatively new service that the company claims has more than 2 million subscribers.

But the German league, with its rich history, should become ESPN+’s top soccer driver.

By the time the Bundesliga appears on ESPN+, the service is expected to be bundled with the company’s upcoming Netflix-like Disney+ and the now fully Disney-owned Hulu.
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby munchen99 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm

So for those of us in the states - It's no longer Fox?
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:50 pm

munchen99 wrote:So for those of us in the states - It's no longer Fox?

They will probably air some matches on ESPN/Fox but I bet the majority will be on ESPN+.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby munchen99 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

They will probably air some matches on ESPN/Fox but I bet the majority will be on ESPN+.

I wonder if this is a standalone service. Or needs cable.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:00 pm

munchen99 wrote:

I think ESPN+ is a standalone service but I do know having Verizon fios means I can still watch ESPN on a tablet or phone but if I want to watch stuff exclusively offered on ESPN+ I will have to subscribe for it.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby munchen99 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
munchen99 wrote:

I think ESPN+ is a standalone service but I do know having Verizon fios means I can still watch ESPN on a tablet or phone but if I want to watch stuff exclusively offered on ESPN+ I will have to subscribe for it.

Man I hope you are right. Would love to watch both serieA and bundesliga on one standalone service.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:50 am

the deal isnt done yet but looks espn will try bundesliga before they bid for it . espn + is subscription streaming service (or like old espn 3) what will be good is that espnfc will have better focus on bundesliga
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby munchen99 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 am

For those States-side - If you happen to have cut cable like me and want to watch Bundesliga - I just got fox soccer match pass which is not bad at all. Good streaming quality etc. It works out to be around $13 a month if you get the annual membership.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 am

ESPN+ only allows live streaming and not on demand for a majority of things they air. Would be a death sentence for the buli in the US if people aren’t able to watch on demand. I really hope they go the same route fox did and allow on demand streaming of earlier matches
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:24 am

munchen99 wrote:For those States-side - If you happen to have cut cable like me and want to watch Bundesliga - I just got fox soccer match pass which is not bad at all. Good streaming quality etc. It works out to be around $13 a month if you get the annual membership.

fox sports channels are part of hulu tv , youtubetv and sling streaming services if you are using any one of them
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby munchen99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:40 pm

DRvad14 wrote:
munchen99 wrote:For those States-side - If you happen to have cut cable like me and want to watch Bundesliga - I just got fox soccer match pass which is not bad at all. Good streaming quality etc. It works out to be around $13 a month if you get the annual membership.

fox sports channels are part of hulu tv , youtubetv and sling streaming services if you are using any one of them

Thanks. That's good to know. I absolutely hate sling the buffering and streaming is horrible. Don't really watch enough tv to justify either Youtube TV or Hulu. Anyway let's go watch dortmund play Koln now.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion