You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Can this Bayern team beat the best in Europe?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Can this Bayern team beat Barcelona?

Yes, if we stay healthy last season was BS!
90%
No, how can any team can stop MSN!
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Can this Bayern team beat Barcelona?

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:06 pm

MUTU wrote:

You can thank me later.

Alaba + Thiago against Messi, Martínez + Vidal against Suarez, Boateng + Lahm against Neymar.

Not a tough job putting together the best 11 players :coffee:
However, how Pep would line it up is a different thing.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:27 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

You can thank me later.

Alaba + Thiago against Messi, Martínez + Vidal against Suarez, Boateng + Lahm against Neymar.

When Pep had ample defenders available, he showed preference to a 3-man defence, hence my line-up. Also, the prevalent theory on the forum is that Martínez plays best as the most central defender in a 3-man defence rather than a back four.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:14 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

You can thank me later.

When Pep had ample defenders available, he showed preference to a 3-man defence, hence my line-up. Also, the prevalent theory on the forum is that Martínez plays best as the most central defender in a 3-man defence rather than a back four.

That theory is soooo last season! hahahahaha

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:You cannot get any kind of stability at the back if all your defenders manage to get injures all the time.

That's why Kimmich has been playing CB for a few weeks now, because we are in an emergency. Not even Schweinsteiger and Martinez at their best would be able to make this defense look good

This time it wasn't our high line, but individual and unacceptable mistakes. I know some people enjoy saying Pep is shit because we play with a ridiculous high line, but that was not the reason for our meltdown in the first half against Juve.

Exactly! Did Pep tell Alaba to take such a poor touch and leave Neuer in no mans land? Did Pep tell Benatia to stick his foot out like an idiot instead of taking down Morata? Some people blame Pep like American republicans who blame Obama for everything

No, he's not responsible for Alaba's bad game, nor for individual mistakes... But he's provoking situations like these ALL THE TIME with his approach... That 0-2 was very similar to that 0-1 against Mainz, which was very similar to so many others... That's what I call the classic "Pep-concession" ;)
He's not supposed to completely change his beliefs or style of play... But a little more coolness instead of a full-lifeblood-all-in all the time would suit us well... Offense wins games - and so on... We knew they had to win here in order to make it to the QF... We knew they had nothing to lose... Yet they completely caught us off guard (also the coaches job, to prepare the team well... he did that at Juventus and then didn't react... He failed in Munich, but then he at least reacted properly... That btw is why I'm so frustrated with the guy, I just can't figure him out sometimes... ;) )

Also: from what I can say, we can maintain a very good pressing for maybe 75 minutes (see: Juve game AT Juve...) so why power out for 75 and then pray and hope? Why not decide when WE think is a good time to slacken the reins a little and then tighten them again when we think it's a good idea? I think that's also a part of "controlling the game"...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:48 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

That theory is soooo last season! hahahahaha

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

It's going to be a back 3 with Lahm in midfield when we have posession and a back 4 when we don't like it has been for the most part this season.

bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Watched the Classico yesterday to see what Bayern can do against Barca.

Seems to me like the lesson is clear, sit a bit deep, fight hard in the middle, and attack them on the counter. If you have world-class players with some speed, than it's even better. Guess what, if, for God's sake, we have no more injuries, we can do what Real did and maybe even better it. Our team is much more compact than theirs and more clinical as well.

It's only up to Pep to swallow his pride and accept that Barca holding the ball is not the end of it.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:02 pm

We actually beat Barcelona the last time we met :pep:
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Coman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:15 pm

If our team is injry free ... that's will be the coach problem ... and with Guardiola, his high-line defense and the fact we don't know how to play without the ball ... It's hardly possible..

We have more chance to beat this Barcelona with a no name trainer with "German philosophy" than Guardiola.

I want to vote "No, because we have Guardiola and his philosophy" but it wasn't possible.

That's the truth.
Coman

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:53 pm

The high line for me is not Pep obsession, rather I think the high line is produced when the defenders need to go forward for help our offensive players to create chances against a defensive team.

Hope Pep can have a another chance to prove if he is what his salary says...
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby coolguycosta » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Can we beat Barca? One word, yes. We just need to go full on at them. Direct and pressing football, don't give them any time on the ball and have plenty of options in attack for when we do.

Lahm and Alaba constantly overlapping on the wing, Thiago/Vidal moving back to help out Boateng if need be. Can see Robben progressing in to a role controlling the play from deep but surging forward where necessary
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:01 pm

That would be too much attack, I mean heart attack...

JANCKER

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Barcelona < Real < Wolfsburg < Bayern

= Bayern > Barcelona
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Can this Bayern team beat Barcelona?

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:10 pm

coolguycosta wrote:Can we beat Barca? One word, yes. We just need to go full on at them. Direct and pressing football, don't give them any time on the ball and have plenty of options in attack for when we do.

Lahm and Alaba constantly overlapping on the wing, Thiago/Vidal moving back to help out Boateng if need be. Can see Robben progressing in to a role controlling the play from deep but surging forward where necessary

Way too much attack, we need at least Vidal, Martinez, Alonso or Kimmich in the middle if we're playing that type of formation...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby coolguycosta » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
coolguycosta wrote:Can we beat Barca? One word, yes. We just need to go full on at them. Direct and pressing football, don't give them any time on the ball and have plenty of options in attack for when we do.

Way too much attack, we need at least Vidal, Martinez, Alonso or Kimmich in the middle if we're playing that type of formation...

Playing conservatively will get us nowhere!!! Need to get right at them from the whistle, rattle a few cages
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:13 pm

coolguycosta wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

Playing conservatively will get us nowhere!!! Need to get right at them from the whistle, rattle a few cages

There's a difference between playing courageously and walking right into the trap.
We'd get penetrated 6-0 with a formation like this.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion