You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Can this Bayern team beat the best in Europe?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Can this Bayern team beat Barcelona?

Yes, if we stay healthy last season was BS!
90%
No, how can any team can stop MSN!
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Can this Bayern team beat Barcelona?

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:11 am

Heynckes didn't have to play against the MSN. In fact Messi was injured and played at his 60% on the first leg, and then he missed the second

So basically we faced a much weaker Barça with almost a full squad and great momentum

Last year we faced a stronger Barça with an injury plagued squad and out of form players

Both Bayern and Barça were very different teams. With our available squad from last year we couldn't have played like Heynckes did.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:13 am

Now for this year I think it all depends on the form of our players before the game.

If we can stay like this with no more relevant injuries I think we have more than enough quality to defeat them

Not easy, but doable
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Heynckes didn't have to play against the MSN. In fact Messi was injured and played at his 60% on the first leg, and then he missed the second

So basically we faced a much weaker Barça with almost a full squad and great momentum

Last year we faced a stronger Barça with an injury plagued squad and out of form players

Both Bayern and Barça were very different teams. With our available squad from last year we couldn't have played like Heynckes did.

First of all, Heynckes prepare the game basing in the Barcelona of that season. Because after this scandal, Barcelona react by signing Luis Suarez and Neymar, does not discredit Heynckes achievement.

And when you as a coach lost 4-0 and see no possibility for changes the result in favor, you will use any strategy to hide the scandal. Messi was ready for both matches, he played first match and he as the rest 10 barca players cant do something for damage our goal. After this, I am very convince that Tito benched Messi for reduce that scandal by giving the impression that Messi wasnt available, but he can play both games. Tito protected himself...

And everyone accept that Pep suffers many injuries, but this consequently should give more credit to Heynckes job in the 2012/2013 season, because with less options in bench than Pep team for face their respective season, Heynckes was capable of keep us healthy enough for being competitive in the entire season.

And Yes! Pep as any other coach can learn something about this 4-0 and 3-0, as we all learn!
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:24 am

Well, first of all I wasn't discrediting Heynckes. I've never done so and I'll never will, because he built that almost perfect 2012/2013 masterpiece

But our injury crisis cost us last years CL and I find it hard to believe that any other coach in the world could have defeated that treble winning Barça team with our available squad. If Pep is the guy to blame for most of them is arguable and yet to be proved

We also had some injuries in our 2012 2013 season, but they played in our favour

Boateng and Robben were bench players, but Badstuber and Kroos' injuries brought them into the starting lineup

Since he came here it's been impossible for Pep to create his ideal team, because everytime he makes things work a new player gets badly injured. That's why for me he deserves so many credit even if he leaves without the CL trophy this year.

As somebody previously said, the scoreline last year doesn't reflect what we saw on the pitch and a weakened Bayern squad made things really tough for Barça. We didn't have any pacy player last year so we couldn't use all the space at their back and therefore we were pretty much sterile

That won't be the case this year if we play them again
Last edited by YlonenXabi on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 am

What is the matter guys? Why so nervous? Pep says Messi is unstoppable and y'all call for a witch hunt on the infidel. Now Carletto is announcing he won't be able to stop a 100% fit Messi (or couldn't for that matter.)

Didn't you say Carletto was the only one who would beat Barza? He just said that's beyond his abilities. Scaaary.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:03 am

Seems like in the last few years, Loew and Simeone were the only ones to stop a 100% fit Messi. Incidentally, in the same season, where Messi wasn't at his very best. Having said that, Messi hasn't really met Alaba. I think if there's one player who can 'kill' Messi, it's Alaba.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:26 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, first of all I wasn't discrediting Heynckes. I've never done so and I'll never will, because he built that almost perfect 2012/2013 masterpiece

But our injury crisis cost us last years CL and I find it hard to believe that any other coach in the world could have defeated that treble winning Barça team with our available squad. If Pep is the guy to blame for most of them is arguable and yet to be proved

We also had some injuries in our 2012 2013 season, but they played in our favour

Boateng and Robben were bench players, but Badstuber and Kroos' injuries brought them into the starting lineup

Since he came here it's been impossible for Pep to create his ideal team, because everytime he makes things work a new player gets badly injured. That's why for me he deserves so many credit even if he leaves without the CL trophy this year.

As somebody previously said, the scoreline last year doesn't reflect what we saw on the pitch and a weakened Bayern squad made things really tough for Barça. We didn't have any pacy player last year so we couldn't use all the space at their back and therefore we were pretty much sterile

That won't be the case this year if we play them again

Don't jinx it

But this post x1000, I don't think any Bayern fan could have watched last seasons match and thought Bayern are completely outclassed.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:21 am

MUTU wrote:Seems like in the last few years, Loew and Simeone were the only ones to stop a 100% fit Messi. Incidentally, in the same season, where Messi wasn't at his very best. Having said that, Messi hasn't really met Alaba. I think if there's one player who can 'kill' Messi, it's Alaba.

Well, it's not as simple as that.

I think no single player can stop a 100% fit Messi. It's more about the tactics and the team. And even if you do a good job stopping him, he will always be able to create something out of nothing. That's why he's one of the best players ever. Probably the best or at least the most decisive

Even in the World Cup final he had like 2 or 3 good runs and a 1 on 1 with Neuer that could have changed everything. So it was more about his finishing rather than Löw's master plan

Now is where the SN comes into play. If you want to stop Messi you will need more than one player keeping an eye on him... but that gives more freedom to Neymar and Suarez. Those two are a big upgrade over Pedro, Alexis or Villa.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't see how that stat could affect our team's performance in a final

Them being one of the most efficient teams in one game finals against one of the least efficient in one game finals... Hmmm... It doesn't take a Barca to beat us in a final, if we could just win that damn German Supercup final for once. I get your logic... but I still think that we're better in two game ties or we were.
JANCKER

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 pm

And IIRC there was a stat from the World Cup final about Neuer having more ball contacts or more passes than Messi. Not sure if it was fake though

So basically it was not a plan to stop Messi but his feeders. And that worked well against Argentina because they were missing Di Maria. But even if you take Messi out of the game there will be Neymar and Suarez waiting to find the smallest gap in your defense and punish you for that

And btw, think for a moment that we play against them and they are missing Neymar, Suarez, Pique, Rakitic and Jordi Alba for example. I don't think they'd have even 20% chances of going through against a 100% fit Bayern squad
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:53 pm

No team in the world can beat Bayern at their best, says Salihamidzic [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:11 pm

I think we are better than them at our very best, but we need to be healthy. We were much more hampered by injuries last year than they were in 2013, and yet we gave them a much harder game.

It's true that they have a touch of individual brilliance up top that is beyond us, or anybody else in football. But I think we are much stronger as a team beside that. Our defense and midfield are superior to theirs and we can switch up styles, rhythm, formation much more fluidly than them too.

But we need to be at full health to find out. I hope we are by the end of the year.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Stop comparing us to them... They're way ahead of us
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Some serious defensive issues, specifically pace in the back four and Benatia is a disgrace!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Our defense sucks. No way around it. It sucks. Alaba's is my favorite player but his first half made me want to cry. I still want to cry. We need to improve fast. This concentration lapses and lack of balls are unacceptable.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion