You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Biggest Bayern signing ever

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Biggest Bayern signing ever

Postby Coman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:50 pm

Robbéry
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng(Süle), Hummels(Süle), Alaba - Vidal(Martinez) - Robben(Müller), Müller(James), Thiago(Vidal), Ribéry(Coman) - Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby America USA » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 am

I don’t know about the biggest signing “ever” but For me it is Robben, his arrival alongside Ribery’s catapulted Bayern back to the top of European football. The immediate impact his arrival had on Bayern was HUGE.

Neuer is a close second for me.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Arjen Robben
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm

If we put BL players aside, I think Makaay was one of the biggest signings.

Maybe because I'm Spanish and I was familiar with him, but when I heard he was moving to Bayern I was increidbly happy as he was one of my favourite players by that time and Elber is of course my all time favourite striker, so it was like a dream

Then Elber was sold to Lyon in the pre season :cry:

Ribery was also a big one. I think it was only us and Real Madrid fighting for him at that time, but he chose Bayern in the end :D Robben was different because no one was showing particular interest on him by that time

I remember we were very close to sign Ruud van Nistelrooy as well, but he chose Real instead
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:42 pm

1. Roy Makaay
2. Franck Ribéry
3. Arjen Robben

Makaay back then was an incredible player that I couldn't believe the European Best Goalscorer left Deportivo and joined Bayern. I was only unhappy about Elber's departure because I thought back then that him, Makaay and Pizarro would be an awesome choice along with young Santa Cruz.

Das Phantom was really the important part of Bayern between 2003-2007 period, so many important and fantastic goals, brought so much difference in Bayern's game and results, especially during our CL crisis in 2002/2003 and of course, 2003/2004 when he joined us. His penalty taking was something like soft and weak, but so accurate and effective. The only penalty he missed was in 2005 in Liga Pokal after Hildebrand's save in a penalty-shootout.

I really loved him and enjoyed in his performances. By far the best signing in Bayern's history if we take the context of time and Bayern's difficult situation where we struggled in the European frames when modern football crap caused us big and serious troubles, letting us behind the elite and basically out the European elite.

Franck Ribéry was the start of some completely new Bayern which it wasn't seen ever before.

Not sure whether is right to put Robben on the third spot, but it might suit better to legendary Oliver Kahn who left a enormous trace in his 14 year long career at Bayern.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 am

Jupp.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Roy Makaay was indeed a very serious transfer @FCBGeneral @Ylonen considering the time being and our power. I loved that player, very undervalued outside Bayern family. I always thought that we somehow ruined his international career, he could achieve greater things in a more competitive squad.
Oh man he would thrive in today's Bayern era, elegant player, killer in the box, good teammate. I'm going to watch some videos of Das Phantom now, nostalgia.

@Ylonen I was so eager to sign Ruud, what a monster he was that crazy Dutch striker, he just wouldn't care, took the ball from everywhere,going vertical, goal! Repeat! When he peaked for United winning them that league and top scorer he looked literally unstoppable.

I think Ribery's transfer is the biggest, 25m back then for Bayern and worldwide were serious money and it was versus Real Madrid who where or spending spree in addition to that Ribery's first year was something I have never witnessed, literally a class of his own. Ribery for me!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion