You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern vs Barcelona?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 pm

There's no point in trying to beat Barcelona at their own possession game. Bayern simply have to make the most with what they have, because it'll be tough to retain possession against Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and co. Barca's defense is a shambles, so Robben and Ribery need to be at their best to provide to Gomez.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm

I can't disagree more. I think we should do exactly that - try to outpossess Barca. We all saw what happened with Löw against Spain and Italy. I don't like seeing a proactive sign turn reactive.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:49 pm

AssemFCB wrote:There's no point in trying to beat Barcelona at their own possession game. Bayern simply have to make the most with what they have, because it'll be tough to retain possession against Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and co. Barca's defense is a shambles, so Robben and Ribery need to be at their best to provide to Gomez.

If bayern players have that mentality, no way they can win. If you want to win, control the game, of course will be harder, but we also have players capable like Schweini, Robben, Muller, Ribery..

They did it against Madrid,so is no reason to see it imposible.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:57 pm

quaazi wrote:I can't disagree more. I think we should do exactly that - try to outpossess Barca. We all saw what happened with Löw against Spain and Italy. I don't like seeing a proactive sign turn reactive.

Ideally, this would be great, but this hasn't been done by any team in the world since Pep Guardiola took over.
Take Inter's 3-1 win over Barcelona in 2010. They managed 9 shots to Barcelona's 10 with only 29% possession, despite this, they scored thrice. They didn't try to seize possession, despite a midfield blessed with an in form Motta and Cambiasso and a Sneider during the form of his life, instead they counterattacked and grabbed goals. Many a time, Bayern have had up to 70% possession with no goals, which is similar to Barca during this game(and many others). In conclusion, dominating Barcelona in the game they've been doing seamlessly for the past half-decade isn't pragmatic in such an important game.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Robb3449 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 am

I truly believe Bayern would win over 2 legs against Barca (just as I believe Germany will beat Spain the next time they meet). Bayern has adopted the tiki-taka style of Barca's so well that it would benefit the Bayern defence (cuz the they see it in training most every day). Schweini will be the X-factor for the match ( with his through passes to either wings or Gomez, etc., setting up the attack). The confidence may be due to my hatred of Spanish teams but, I don't feel that Barca are as "invincible" as they were a year or two ago. [-X

Either way I'd love to see it happen!
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:18 am

quaazi wrote:I can't disagree more. I think we should do exactly that - try to outpossess Barca. We all saw what happened with Löw against Spain and Italy. I don't like seeing a proactive sign turn reactive.

Couldn't agree more.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:46 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Ideally, this would be great, but this hasn't been done by any team in the world since Pep Guardiola took over.

Wait to see bayern.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Chalant » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Robb3449 wrote:I truly believe Bayern would win over 2 legs against Barca (just as I believe Germany will beat Spain the next time they meet). Bayern has adopted the tiki-taka style of Barca's so well that it would benefit the Bayern defence (cuz the they see it in training most every day). Schweini will be the X-factor for the match ( with his through passes to either wings or Gomez, etc., setting up the attack). The confidence may be due to my hatred of Spanish teams but, I don't feel that Barca are as "invincible" as they were a year or two ago. [-X

Either way I'd love to see it happen!

Bayern don't have tiki-taka. Tiki-taka is more about passing, while Bayern just keep the ball to their feet. I think this is better than tiki-taka.
It is essential that we have Javi Martinez not injured for this match though, his long ball looks like it could slice the Barca defence in two.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

We can't outpossess Barça and I believe no team in this world can. Just see how fast Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and co combine together. Of course this is not the mentality that a player should have but we fans will not be playing the game and I'm just trying to be realistic

I can't remember any team that have outpossessed Barça since Guardiola arrived in 2008. They have the best players to play that kind of game.

But that doesn't mean we can't defeat them of course and we have quality enough to do it. But then again, I think they would be still favourites
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AdepT » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:50 pm

You're all forgetting one big factor that could most probably turn the match in our favour : VALDES =P~
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Birthday

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

We can't outpossess Barça and I believe no team in this world can. Just see how fast Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and co combine together. Of course this is not the mentality that a player should have but we fans will not be playing the game and I'm just trying to be realistic

I can't remember any team that have outpossessed Barça since Guardiola arrived in 2008. They have the best players to play that kind of game.

But that doesn't mean we can't defeat them of course and we have quality enough to do it. But then again, I think they would be still favourites

Not only that but all players move into open space so that the player holding the ball has numerous options to pass to. The players are all close to each other. The only Bayern player who does this most frequently is Ribery and Bayern can't beat Barcelona to their game with only Ribery moving around.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:36 pm

The thing is we've spent 1,5 years instilling a possession based tactical system and 3,5 years on a whole philosophy. We're starting to get to the point Barca was at in 2008-9. There is no reason to turn back now. We can either try to reap the fruits of years of hard work or start dicking about with an entirely new system that has no guarantee of success either.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby meister » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:16 pm

AdepT wrote:You're all forgetting one big factor that could most probably turn the match in our favour : VALDES =P~

this
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:16 pm

I don't think any of us are imagining that we will outpossess them, but we're certainly good enough to keep possession more or less even, and that would already make Barca much less dangerous.

Besides, we don't really have a choice. We are simply not effective enough to employ the same strategy as Inter and Chelsea did against them. Like quaazi said, perfecting that system would take a long time and attempting a sudden switch would be just like Germany vs Italy.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

quaazi wrote:The thing is we've spent 1,5 years instilling a possession based tactical system and 3,5 years on a whole philosophy. We're starting to get to the point Barca was at in 2008-9. There is no reason to turn back now. We can either try to reap the fruits of years of hard work or start dicking about with an entirely new system that has no guarantee of success either.

Amen to that.

Our game is possession-based, and statistically we are there right after Barca in terms of ball possession and pass completion ratio. But one has to keep in mind the quality of the opposition faced. This "no one can dispossess Barca" talk can only be considered a fact after we play them and fail in doing so. Before this happens, I'll dare to say that we actually CAN dispossess them and get our game going. They have the tiki-taka possession, and we have the build-up possession. They play 4-3-3 and we play 4-2-3-1. I don't see them tiki-takaing our 4-2 defensive line. They'll have a crowded area of top-class quality to work through. Our system is perfectly shaped to dispossess their asses.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion