You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:12 pm

While technically not a federal holiday, it’s a festival commemorating Ludwigs wedding, so I’d argue it’s pretty damn Bavarian lol.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 pm

sherpthederp wrote:While technically not a federal holiday, it’s a festival commemorating Ludwigs wedding, so I’d argue it’s pretty damn Bavarian lol.
Well, obviously, but I meant it’s not like there are no other similar festivals…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:09 pm

I think what I’m getting at is that there a pretty normal precedence for a Wiesn kit, 1859+1 and Bayern are the only two clubs on a professional level to have an Oktoberfest kit, both being from Munich. If it was Leipzig I’d agree with you about the money grab thing lol. For an NFL comparison, it would be like the New Orleans Saints having a Mardi Gras jersey vs the The Patriots trying the same thing. If you are from the region where the festival originated, I think it’s pretty acceptable.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:13 pm

#12 wrote:Can’t help but simply see this as a money-making scheme… There’s nit even an Octoberfest this year, yet they release a FOURTH kit now… Obviously nothing against you guys, and money for the club is not necessarily bad, but where does it stop? Christmas kit? Easter kit? Bavarian Derby kit? Matchday 5 kit?

Hahaha wow, what a great discovery! Football clubs are trying to sell merchandise ;P

Seriously.. If they wanted to, they would never ever change the kit. It'd be the same for several decades.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:15 pm

sherpthederp wrote:I think what I’m getting at is that there a pretty normal precedence for a Wiesn kit, 1859+1 and Bayern are the only two clubs on a professional level to have an Oktoberfest kit, both being from Munich. If it was Leipzig I’d agree with you about the money grab thing lol. For an NFL comparison, it would be like the New Orleans Saints having a Mardi Gras jersey vs the The Patriots trying the same thing. If you are from the region where the festival originated, I think it’s pretty acceptable.
Sure… Just hope it stops there
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Can’t help but simply see this as a money-making scheme… There’s nit even an Octoberfest this year, yet they release a FOURTH kit now… Obviously nothing against you guys, and money for the club is not necessarily bad, but where does it stop? Christmas kit? Easter kit? Bavarian Derby kit? Matchday 5 kit?

Hahaha wow, what a great discovery! Football clubs are trying to sell merchandise ;P

Seriously.. If they wanted to, they would never ever change the kit. It'd be the same for several decades.
That’s my point MUTU
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Koln and Mainz have their Carnaval kit..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:22 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Koln and Mainz have their Carnaval kit..

And culturally it’s pretty normal for them to offer those. Plus IIRC Antony Modeste seemed to be on fire anytime they wore them lol.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:01 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:31 am

Nice, so we have them on camera as they go on winning the DFL-Supercup, UEFA Super Cup and of course the Club World Cup to complete the sextuple.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:39 pm

And if you dont own Amazon Prime DE you cant see shit, like what happened with the Schweini docu.. Imagine there are fans outside of Germany, Austria and Swiss who might be interested in this.. #-o And VPN wont work, since it detects it and forbids you to subscribe..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:And if you dont own Amazon Prime DE you cant see shit, like what happened with the Schweini docu.. Imagine there are fans outside of Germany, Austria and Swiss who might be interested in this.. #-o And VPN wont work, since it detects it and forbids you to subscribe..

I don't know if it's been confirmed to be DE only....The UK-based Prime Video, the French-based one, and the English-language FC Bayern accounts all tweeted about its release....I don't know why they would bother promoting it on UK, French, and other English-language accounts if it was going to be region-locked for Germany only...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Lets hope it wont, would be a bummer to not being able to check it out.. But it wouldnt be a first for German stuff to be region locked at first, but that would be plain stupid for a world club like Bayern to do..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Lets hope it wont, would be a bummer to not being able to check it out.. But it wouldnt be a first for German stuff to be region locked at first, but that would be plain stupid for a world club like Bayern to do..

With how much Kahn and Hainer have flexed about building a global market and brand it would be utterly ridiculous not to share it worldwide.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:09 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion