You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:38 pm

US Open - Daniil Medvedev exclusive
US Open - Daniil Medvedev exclusive: "Mario Gomez was by far my favorite player"
Von Florian Regelmann
Donnerstag, 26.08.2021 | 12:01 Uhr
Daniil Medvedev talked to SPOX about his love for Bayern Munich.© spox

After winning the title in Toronto and reaching the semifinal in Cincinnati Daniil Medvedev is entering the US Open in New York as one of the big favorites after Novak Djokovic. Right before the last Grand Slam of the Year the Russian is talking to SPOX about his other love besides Tennis: Bayern Munich.

Daniil, you love soccer and you especially love Bayern Munich. How did you become such a big fan of Bayern?

Daniil Medvedev: To be honest, I really fell in love with soccer and with Bayern when I was maybe 12 years old. That's when it really started. But even before that, when I was 6 years old, I remember that I already liked Bayern. They were really good at that time and I remember telling my parents that Bayern is playing, we need to watch it. But when I was 12, I really got into soccer, so I said to myself: I need a team now.Tennis
US Open - Daniil Medvedev exclusive: "Mario Gomez was by far my favorite player"
Von Florian Regelmann

After winning the title in Toronto and reaching the semifinal in Cincinnati Daniil Medvedev is entering the US Open in New York as one of the big favorites after Novak Djokovic. Right before the last Grand Slam of the Year the Russian is talking to SPOX about his other love besides Tennis: Bayern Munich.

Daniil, you love soccer and you especially love Bayern Munich. How did you become such a big fan of Bayern?

Daniil Medvedev: To be honest, I really fell in love with soccer and with Bayern when I was maybe 12 years old. That's when it really started. But even before that, when I was 6 years old, I remember that I already liked Bayern. They were really good at that time and I remember telling my parents that Bayern is playing, we need to watch it. But when I was 12, I really got into soccer, so I said to myself: I need a team now.

Was there no team in Russia that you supported?

Medvedev: When I was younger I supported CSKA Moscow, but they were not playing in the Champions League or when they were playing in it, they would often lose. So I needed a team in Europe that I can support and be a fan of. So I remembered that I really liked Bayern and said: That's my team now. That's how I chose my team and from that point on obviously I started to really like certain players of Bayern and it became bigger and bigger for me.

Did you follow all the games?

Medvedev: Sure, when I was in school and at university, I watched absolutely everything. I watched every match of Bayern, I watched every friendly, I even watched practice sessions when there was a possibility. I became a huge fan. Only when I got better and more successful at tennis, soccer had to become less important, just because I had less time. But I follow Bayern every day on Tour. There is a Russian social media channel for Bayern where you can follow all the news and what is going on. I read that every day. Because we are travelling so much it's difficult to have a subscription to watch all the games but if I have the time I always try to find a way to watch the matches on the internet. And I even was playing the Kickbase manager game with some friends for some time and I won in both years, but because the Bundesliga is a little less popular than the Premier League my friends stopped playing, so I do not play it any more.Tennis
Von Florian Regelmann

Daniil Medvedev: To be honest, I really fell in love with soccer and with Bayern when I was maybe 12 years old. That's when it really started. But even before that, when I was 6 years old, I remember that I already liked Bayern. They were really good at that time and I remember telling my parents that Bayern is playing, we need to watch it. But when I was 12, I really got into soccer, so I said to myself: I need a team now.

Was there no team in Russia that you supported?

Medvedev: When I was younger I supported CSKA Moscow, but they were not playing in the Champions League or when they were playing in it, they would often lose. So I needed a team in Europe that I can support and be a fan of. So I remembered that I really liked Bayern and said: That's my team now. That's how I chose my team and from that point on obviously I started to really like certain players of Bayern and it became bigger and bigger for me.

Did you follow all the games?

Medvedev: Sure, when I was in school and at university, I watched absolutely everything. I watched every match of Bayern, I watched every friendly, I even watched practice sessions when there was a possibility. I became a huge fan. Only when I got better and more successful at tennis, soccer had to become less important, just because I had less time. But I follow Bayern every day on Tour. There is a Russian social media channel for Bayern where you can follow all the news and what is going on. I read that every day. Because we are travelling so much it's difficult to have a subscription to watch all the games but if I have the time I always try to find a way to watch the matches on the internet. And I even was playing the Kickbase manager game with some friends for some time and I won in both years, but because the Bundesliga is a little less popular than the Premier League my friends stopped playing, so I do not play it any more.

"I always take number 33 because of him"
Have you been to Munich to watch a match?

Medvedev: No, unfortunately not. When I was younger I played a small tournament in Ismaning which is pretty close to the arena. It was during the winter break of the Bundesliga but I still went to the stadium for a visit, walked around and I went to the shop - it was a super cool experience, even if there was no match. And one thing I know for sure: As soon as tennis plays a less important role and I have the time to do it, I will try to go to every game or something like that.

Bayern sent you a jersey after you won the ATP Finals, right?

Medvedev: Yes, they sent me some stuff which was super nice. I always take the number 33 because I am such a big fan of Mario Gomez. When he was at Bayern he was playing so well and I really really liked him. He was by far my favorite player and because of him my favorite number is 33.

But why him?

Medvedev: I think it has something to do with the fact that I was also a striker when I was playing myself when I was younger. Tall striker with no technique but with the ability to score goals. Mario was amazing and somehow I could relate to him very well. And Robben was fantastic as well, he was a magician on the pitch."I have so much respect for Lewandowski"
Who are your favorite players of the current team?

Medvedev: It is too obvious but I have to say Lewandowski. I just love how he works on his game and on his fitness. I admire that. Also his mental approach. Back in the time you could only follow the players on the pitch, now we have the chance to follow them on Instagram and see what they do. I have so much respect for Lewandowski and what he does with his body. I try to have the same approach in tennis. What you do outside of the court plays a huge role for your success on the court. Cristiano Ronaldo and how he has been working on his game is another perfect example for that. And let us be honest, I do not know what Bayern is doing or what is going on in Munich, but if a player comes to Bayern, one year later he looks like a bodybuilder, it is crazy how they work on the fitness aspect. It is really impressive to see.

What about a guy like Joshua Kimmich, who signed an extension a few days ago?

Medvedev: It's funny. The first thing that comes to my mind is that I watched the Supercup back when Pep Guardiola was the coach and I had no idea who this Kimmich guy was. I was very surprised. What a fantastic player he has become. What an amazing character. Kimmich is the kind of player you absolutely need to win matches and titles. He is maybe not the guy who scores this sensational goal from 30 metres under the crossbar, although he can score goals, but he is so important for the success of Bayern. When he is not on the pitch the probability of winning goes down straight away. The energy he brings is amazing, he is a difference maker.And he embodies the famous Mia san mia approach of Bayern.

Medvedev: For a guy like me who does not speak German it is tough to really understand it fully. So it does not mean as much to me as for all the local Bayern fans, but I know the general importance of it. I know that it kind of means we are who we are, home is home and it reflects on the unbelievable will to succeed. And it is just the slogan of my team, so I like to use it from time to time.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:31 am

I did not know Medvedev was a fan. I still try not to cheer specific players and just appreciate the game. But it's still it's an enjoyable read to see how he came to be a Bayern fan.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:36 am

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Batista Maier for me
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:21 pm

Gnabry or Musiala
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Is there some sort of Bayern calendar that I can install within my Google calendar where I get an alert only on the day Bayern is playing? I don't know where to post this but I just thought this would be the appropriate thread to ask this. The mods or MUTu can shift my post to the correct place if this isn't the right thread to ask this question.

I would really appreciate some sort of Bayern calendar where I can get an alert of a Bayern game only on the day or maybe a day ahead of when we are playing instead of having to check out the fixtures every now and then.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm

America USA wrote:Is there some sort of Bayern calendar that I can install within my Google calendar where I get an alert only on the day Bayern is playing? I don't know where to post this but I just thought this would be the appropriate thread to ask this. The mods or MUTu can shift my post to the correct place if this isn't the right thread to ask this question.

I would really appreciate some sort of Bayern calendar where I can get an alert of a Bayern game only on the day or maybe a day ahead of when we are playing instead of having to check out the fixtures every now and then.

I have one set up on the Bayern iOS app but I’m sure it’s probably available on Android as well. It syncs to my iPhone calendar and gives notifications.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:04 am

America USA wrote:Is there some sort of Bayern calendar that I can install within my Google calendar where I get an alert only on the day Bayern is playing? I don't know where to post this but I just thought this would be the appropriate thread to ask this. The mods or MUTu can shift my post to the correct place if this isn't the right thread to ask this question.

Of course, we have this on the forum for a decade! Follow the instructions on fixtures.php
As for the alert, you can do that in your calendar settings then.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:46 pm

Guys not sure whether you've seen this or not but FC Bayern World Squad Episode 1 is already out.

T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Bayern presented its Wiesn Jersey today, its the Green one we saw a couple of weeks back on a pic from a store somewhere. Members got an email today, where they have 2 days pre order rights over anyone else, after that everyone can buy it.. Believe its 90 euros without any printing.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:41 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Bayern presented its Wiesn Jersey today, its the Green one we saw a couple of weeks back on a pic from a store somewhere. Members got an email today, where they have 2 days pre order rights over anyone else, after that everyone can buy it.. Believe its 90 euros without any printing.

Ordering a Müller one today. They are too good looking to not have one.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Yep, they have something, although i cant place the green really with Bayern itself. But i am still going to get the black one from this season so ill probably pass on the Wiesn version.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:58 am

Can’t help but simply see this as a money-making scheme… There’s nit even an Octoberfest this year, yet they release a FOURTH kit now… Obviously nothing against you guys, and money for the club is not necessarily bad, but where does it stop? Christmas kit? Easter kit? Bavarian Derby kit? Matchday 5 kit?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:52 pm

#12 wrote:Can’t help but simply see this as a money-making scheme… There’s nit even an Octoberfest this year, yet they release a FOURTH kit now… Obviously nothing against you guys, and money for the club is not necessarily bad, but where does it stop? Christmas kit? Easter kit? Bavarian Derby kit? Matchday 5 kit?

A Bavarian club having a special kit for a BAVARIAN holiday? How preposterous lol. It’s not even a new concept, and I loved the 13/14 lederhosen kit, as polarizing as it was for some people. It’s not some slippery slope that’s going to lead to Thanksgiving kits in the American market lol.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:58 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
#12 wrote:Can’t help but simply see this as a money-making scheme… There’s nit even an Octoberfest this year, yet they release a FOURTH kit now… Obviously nothing against you guys, and money for the club is not necessarily bad, but where does it stop? Christmas kit? Easter kit? Bavarian Derby kit? Matchday 5 kit?

A Bavarian club having a special kit for a BAVARIAN holiday? How preposterous lol. It’s not even a new concept, and I loved the 13/14 lederhosen kit, as polarizing as it was for some people. It’s not some slippery slope that’s going to lead to Thanksgiving kits in the American market lol.
It’s not a holiday - and arguably not Bavarian

It’s simply a festival/fair taking place in Munich, they have one in Stuttgart and in other places as well… It’s the biggest and probably most original and traditional one and therefore definitely Bavarian or a Munich original, but no, not a holiday
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion