You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2020/21 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Lahmies » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm

#12 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:"blablablabla" is a great counter argument.
Not my problem when your attention span is so short you can‘t get past it...

Did you even read Achilles' full post before you started pulling percentages out of your ass? You didn't counter a single of his points. foh.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 pm

Lahmies wrote:
#12 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:"blablablabla" is a great counter argument.
Not my problem when your attention span is so short you can‘t get past it...

Did you even read Achilles' full post before you started pulling percentages out of your ass? You didn't counter a single of his points. foh.
I don‘t have to connect the dots for you, the hardest part of your beloved "sextuple" took place in the time period I mentioned... Winning that CWC is not an achievement, qualifying is...
My point is: it’s nothing but a fluke until proven otherwise and we’re doing everything to keep it a fluke...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lahmies » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm

You know, #12, maybe people would respect you more if you argued your points like a capable adult instead of freaking out every time we are less than perfect, spitting hyperboles left and right, stating your opinions as unquestionable facts and pretending to know the future.

Geez, nobody thinks we're playing great right now, but there are multiple factors that you continuously ignore to make the same points over and over: that we categorically suck and our trophies were a fluke. It's so exhausting trying to mantain a conversation like that. Seriously, man, do some self reflecting because it is annoying as fuck.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:48 pm

Lahmies wrote:You know, #12, maybe people would respect you more if you argued your points like a capable adult instead of freaking out every time we are less than perfect, spitting hyperboles left and right, stating your opinions as unquestionable facts and pretending to know the future.

Geez, nobody thinks we're playing great right now, but there are multiple factors that you continuously ignore to make the same points over and over: that we categorically suck and our trophies were a fluke. It's so exhausting trying to mantain a conversation like that. Seriously, man, do some self reflecting because it is annoying as fuck.

Less than perfect? Give me a break! "We" are imbeciles, no one in the world is stupid enough to do the same fucking thing every game anew... Ever seen a kid touching a hot stove twice?

We don’t suck categorically, but to a large part... Again, when something happens MOST of the time, it’s reasonable to consider it the standard and not the opposite...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:48 pm

Also, maybe we should not talk about this in the transfer thread...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 pm

=D>
or jsut maybe you just should be talking about it at all
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:26 pm

That's another topic

How can winning the Sextuple be a fluke or luck ????????

You might be lucky and win CL or you might be lucky and win BL and Pokal. But winning EVERY GODDMAN TITLE ???????????????? Scoring 8 vs Barcelona, 7 vs Tottenham, mopping the floor with Chelsea home and away ????

Come on, man. I think the team deserves a little bit of credit :lol:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:That's another topic

How can winning the Sextuple be a fluke or luck ????????

You might be lucky and win CL or you might be lucky and win BL and Pokal. But winning EVERY GODDMAN TITLE ???????????????? Scoring 8 vs Barcelona, 7 vs Tottenham, mopping the floor with Chelsea home and away ????

Come on, man. I think the team deserves a little bit of credit :lol:
They do... But the fact remains, they can not replicate it even 50% of the time...!
We don’t need luck to win Pokal and Bundesliga... It comes down to the CL - and the German SuperCup... We were less lucky in the European SuperCup but arguably not without it... After winning the CL, winning the CWC is BY FAR the easiest to win... Winning the Audi Cup is more challenging than beating these "please don’t hurt us" teams...
I mean seriously, does anybody think if this tournament really IS revamped, the semis would look much different than the CL ones? That it wouldn’t be Europeans completely dominating this circus? Then you’re wrong...

They DO deserve credit... But credit is due fir what you actually DO and not for what some people say you CAN (maybe!) di, which is: they had 5 to 6 months where they, as all evidence suggests, played largely above their actual level...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:58 pm

What a troll.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:35 pm

NOBODY can repeat that 50% of the time. it's literally happened twice in history and we were the 2nd one. gtfo how insufferable can you be jeez
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:40 pm

vtotheinay wrote:NOBODY can repeat that 50% of the time. it's literally happened twice in history and we were the 2nd one. gtfo how insufferable can you be jeez
I am not saying we have to win all the titles 50% of the time... I am saying we have to be able to play high level soccer 50%+ of the time which is actually not much... 60 or 70 would be more appropriate...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:54 am

Apart from probably Manchester City, who else has achieved that so far this season ?

Real Madrid? Barcelona? Chelsea? Liverpool? Juventus? Atletico? Inter? PSG? :!: :!: :!: :!:

:^o
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Apart from probably Manchester City, who else has achieved that so far this season ?

Real Madrid? Barcelona? Chelsea? Liverpool? Juventus? Atletico? Inter? PSG? :!: :!: :!: :!:

:^o
All those you mentioned clearly play at a higher level AT THE MOMENT...
Because our 2021 is far worse than those weeks in November and December already were, where we would still produce results... At the moment, every top 8 Bundesliga team is better than us... Hence the urgency to finally wake up! We‘ve had enough calls already and if we don’t quickly turn around the ship, we will end up empty handed and getting handed 7+ losses In Bundesliga alone...
Just because we play in a weaker league and had a comfortable lead DESPITE fucking up (like Gladbach, for example), doesn’t mean we were actually playing better... That was true in October... Not anymore...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:43 pm

#12 wrote:
vtotheinay wrote:NOBODY can repeat that 50% of the time. it's literally happened twice in history and we were the 2nd one. gtfo how insufferable can you be jeez
I am not saying we have to win all the titles 50% of the time... I am saying we have to be able to play high level soccer 50%+ of the time which is actually not much... 60 or 70 would be more appropriate...

And we do. Sorry, but this is a silly argument and it's loaded with recency bias. Nobody is denying that we're not playing great at the moment but to act like we're unable to play "high level soccer 50% of the time" when talking about a club who's quite literally been a top 5 club in the world (at absolute worst) over the last decade plus....it just doesn't really hold much water.

If you want to say we're in poor form at the moment that's fine - nobody really denies that - but it's just ridiculous to suddenly talk like we're now circling the drain because of a bad run of form in a season in which literally every single team in the world is dealing with bad runs of form.

Last year's EPL champions are going to be lucky to even get into Europe.
Last season's La Liga champions are 3 points out of first and a game behind, they've been mediocre in the UCL and got bounced out of the cup by a THIRD division side (who had just been promoted from 4th division), and they lost the Supercup too.
Last season's Serie A champs are currently in 6th and down in the first leg of their UCL matchup.
And last season's Ligue 1 champs are finding themselves in 3rd at the moment, after getting thoroughly dismantled by Kovac (and we know how you rate him)

Meanwhile the defending UCL champs are: still in the competition (and STILL favored at 80%+ to advance, in spite of recent form plus HEAVY betting favorites)
and the defending BL champs are....still leading the league and quite literally in a better position than we were at this time last year (After MD23 in 2019/20, we were only 1pt ahead)

The simple fact of the matter is this: Literally every single defending champion is currently worse off than us. If Liverpool could trade places with us, they would. 100%. If Real Madrid could trade places with us, they would. If Juventus could trade places with us, they would. If PSG could trade places with us, they would. This is not up for debate, no matter how much you'd like to think it is. In spite of a bad run of form, we are still in a better position than every other defending champion, and looking beyond just this immediate season we've been performing "at a high level 50% of the time" far more frequently than any of them in recent history, save for perhaps Madrid.

Sorry man, but you need to get a grip here. And frankly again I don't mean to be rude but if you honestly think Liverpool or Barca or Juve or whoever "clearly play at a higher level at the moment" it just confirms to me that you don't actually watch the teams you like to compare us to, in which case you should probably hold off on said comparisons for the time being. There's no way you can honestly tell me you've watched Liverpool or Barca or Juve in recent weeks and concluded that they're clearly better at the moment, no need to lie about it. We went through this weeks ago with Liverpool when you claimed they were looking better than us, and it's just as false now as it was then. Like I said: Just say that we're in poor form, and pretty much everyone will agree. But the idea that suddenly we're in the sh*tter and everyone else is just running right on past us is not just hyperbolic, it's measurably, observably, and objectively false. Not really even a matter of debate or opinion, tbh.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:21 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:

And we do. Sorry, but this is a silly argument and it's loaded with recency bias. Nobody is denying that we're not playing great at the moment but to act like we're unable to play "high level soccer 50% of the time" when talking about a club who's quite literally been a top 5 club in the world (at absolute worst) over the last decade plus....it just doesn't really hold much water.

If you want to say we're in poor form at the moment that's fine - nobody really denies that - but it's just ridiculous to suddenly talk like we're now circling the drain because of a bad run of form in a season in which literally every single team in the world is dealing with bad runs of form.

Last year's EPL champions are going to be lucky to even get into Europe.
Last season's La Liga champions are 3 points out of first and a game behind, they've been mediocre in the UCL and got bounced out of the cup by a THIRD division side (who had just been promoted from 4th division), and they lost the Supercup too.
Last season's Serie A champs are currently in 6th and down in the first leg of their UCL matchup.
And last season's Ligue 1 champs are finding themselves in 3rd at the moment, after getting thoroughly dismantled by Kovac (and we know how you rate him)

Meanwhile the defending UCL champs are: still in the competition (and STILL favored at 80%+ to advance, in spite of recent form plus HEAVY betting favorites)
and the defending BL champs are....still leading the league and quite literally in a better position than we were at this time last year (After MD23 in 2019/20, we were only 1pt ahead)

The simple fact of the matter is this: Literally every single defending champion is currently worse off than us. If Liverpool could trade places with us, they would. 100%. If Real Madrid could trade places with us, they would. If Juventus could trade places with us, they would. If PSG could trade places with us, they would. This is not up for debate, no matter how much you'd like to think it is. In spite of a bad run of form, we are still in a better position than every other defending champion, and looking beyond just this immediate season we've been performing "at a high level 50% of the time" far more frequently than any of them in recent history, save for perhaps Madrid.

Sorry man, but you need to get a grip here. And frankly again I don't mean to be rude but if you honestly think Liverpool or Barca or Juve or whoever "clearly play at a higher level at the moment" it just confirms to me that you don't actually watch the teams you like to compare us to, in which case you should probably hold off on said comparisons for the time being. There's no way you can honestly tell me you've watched Liverpool or Barca or Juve in recent weeks and concluded that they're clearly better at the moment, no need to lie about it. We went through this weeks ago with Liverpool when you claimed they were looking better than us, and it's just as false now as it was then. Like I said: Just say that we're in poor form, and pretty much everyone will agree. But the idea that suddenly we're in the sh*tter and everyone else is just running right on past us is not just hyperbolic, it's measurably, observably, and objectively false. Not really even a matter of debate or opinion, tbh.
Of course they would... My argument is still Bundesliga... Bar PSG, they all face better teams and are not that far ahead in quality!

I do not watch them all the time but I saw Liverpool ridicule the team that we will yet again not beat this season and that will best us if things don’t take a quick turn...

Last year, we were on the rise, this year, we are in a downward spiral... Literally, we are continually getting worse, because we cannot even score a lot anymore with the defense at least not improving...

It’s nit just this season that dips in form and crises occur and both is fine... my point is results overshadow that our poor form has been going on since like November...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion