You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby MUTU » Fri May 15, 2020 4:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Just noticed (had forgotten) the whole village (Olympic park) has that kind of roof!

Does anyone know what material is it? It must be super hard wearing glass to keep up with the Munchen climate...

Simple Google search ;)

https://www.world-of-plexiglas.com/en/o ... tent-roof/
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 44661
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8164 times
Been thanked: 12763 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:02 pm

as well as provide a structural separation between the second Summer Olympic Games in Germany and those of National Socialist times??????

and why is that ? " The transparency of the roof also made it possible for the Summer Olympics and the matches of the 1974 FIFA World Cup (which Germany won) to be televised in color,

OK this answers my question

After all, the organizers of the Olympic Games wanted to broadcast the event on color television, which had just been launched at the time and required as much light as possible. A wooden or concrete construction was therefore out of the question.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45311
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30299 times
Been thanked: 6504 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby #12 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Okay guys, I‘m the first to appreciate a little nostalgia and I've seen many a great game at the Olympiastadion... But it’s literally a hole
It sucked to get there in traffic, it sucked to park, it sucked to leave again, and during you saw little, had barely any atmosphere and had a hard time taking a leak...

I admit, AA has some of the same problems (namely taking a leak and leaving), but it’s a far smaller issue...

ramsej84 wrote:Just noticed (had forgotten) the whole village (Olympic park) has that kind of roof!

Does anyone know what material is it? It must be super hard wearing glass to keep up with the Munchen climate...


What do you think we have here? Rick storms and -52 degrees all the time?

ramsej84 wrote:as well as provide a structural separation between the second Summer Olympic Games in Germany and those of National Socialist times??????

and why is that ? " The transparency of the roof also made it possible for the Summer Olympics and the matches of the 1974 FIFA World Cup (which Germany won) to be televised in color,

OK this answers my question

After all, the organizers of the Olympic Games wanted to broadcast the event on color television, which had just been launched at the time and required as much light as possible. A wooden or concrete construction was therefore out of the question.


Also, Nazi-architecture was characteristically concrete and A LOT of it... Big... Megalomaniac actually... Completely over the top...

Here, if you want a taste, this is what he had planned for Berlin...

https://youtu.be/2k9VKjfffs4
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21652
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1110 times
Been thanked: 4948 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:35 pm

#12 wrote:Okay guys, I‘m the first to appreciate a little nostalgia and I've seen many a great game at the Olympiastadion... But it’s literally a hole
It sucked to get there in traffic, it sucked to park, it sucked to leave again, and during you saw little, had barely any atmosphere and had a hard time taking a leak...

I admit, AA has some of the same problems (namely taking a leak and leaving), but it’s a far smaller issue...

ramsej84 wrote:Just noticed (had forgotten) the whole village (Olympic park) has that kind of roof!

Does anyone know what material is it? It must be super hard wearing glass to keep up with the Munchen climate...


What do you think we have here? Rick storms and -52 degrees all the time?

ramsej84 wrote:as well as provide a structural separation between the second Summer Olympic Games in Germany and those of National Socialist times??????

and why is that ? " The transparency of the roof also made it possible for the Summer Olympics and the matches of the 1974 FIFA World Cup (which Germany won) to be televised in color,

OK this answers my question

After all, the organizers of the Olympic Games wanted to broadcast the event on color television, which had just been launched at the time and required as much light as possible. A wooden or concrete construction was therefore out of the question.


Also, Nazi-architecture was characteristically concrete and A LOT of it... Big... Megalomaniac actually... Completely over the top...

Here, if you want a taste, this is what he had planned for Berlin...

https://youtu.be/2k9VKjfffs4
The contemporary Maltese architects must have been inspired by this....

Also the Berlin stadium is of this style...although I do like it
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45311
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30299 times
Been thanked: 6504 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby #12 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Of course it is, that‘s the stadium they mentioned regarding the first German olympics...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21652
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1110 times
Been thanked: 4948 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby MUTU » Fri May 15, 2020 6:20 pm

#12 wrote:Also, Nazi-architecture was characteristically concrete and A LOT of it... Big... Megalomaniac actually... Completely over the top...

Here, if you want a taste, this is what he had planned for Berlin...

https://youtu.be/2k9VKjfffs4

You sold it to ramsej84 with that eagle right at the end :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 44661
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8164 times
Been thanked: 12763 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:23 pm

The previous city gate (Valletta) was neo fascist style.
Who from the Maltese members knew that?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45311
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30299 times
Been thanked: 6504 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby Fénix » Sat May 16, 2020 12:55 pm




He won my heart with that penalty save and all matches he played in his first Bayern season, 2012/2013. :)
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10107
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4206 times
Been thanked: 4036 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby DRvad14 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Berlin (AFP) – Bayern Munich players have accepted a salary cut which will last until the “end of the season” to help the Bundesliga champions through the coronavirus crisis, club president Herbert Hainer said on Saturday.

In April, the Bayern squad took a 20-percent reduction in salary, but Hainer did not specify how large the cut was this time.

“It is very satisfying to see that our team understands the situation and will again give up part of their salary until the end of the season,” Hainer told German daily Bild.

Bayern sit seven points clear of second-placed Borussia Dortmund at the top of the Bundesliga with six games remaining as they look set to win a record-extending eighth straight title.

The German top-flight season is scheduled to end on June 27, although Bayern could potentially also be in the German Cup final on July 4.

Hansi Flick’s side are also still in the Champions League, after a 3-0 victory at Chelsea in their last 16 first leg before the coronavirus lockdown, but UEFA are yet to announce how it plans to end that competition.
]
User avatar
DRvad14
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 1797 times
Been thanked: 1389 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:11 pm

Got a surprise post package today...

Image

Also contained a silver stick pin...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21652
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1110 times
Been thanked: 4948 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Congrats! I also received a package from FC Bayern this week... My first year of Mitgliedschaft - finally, after all these years 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3903
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 3676 times
Been thanked: 1595 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 pm

#12 wrote:Got a surprise post package today...

Image

Also contained a silver stick pin...
Hey this is my tenth year ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45311
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30299 times
Been thanked: 6504 times
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests