You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby Fénix » Thu May 14, 2020 10:02 pm

On today's day 15 years ago we played our last home match at the legendary Olympiastadion. Simply can't forget that day and the 6:3 victory, awesome football and great goals and actions. :)

From time to time I can feel nostalgia when I see the stadium as I felt it last year when I visited Olympiapark, -turm and BMW Museum.

Sometimes I wish to see once again some football there, but that's not going to happen.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:32 am

Fénix wrote:

On today's day 15 years ago we played our last home match at the legendary Olympiastadion. Simply can't forget that day and the 6:3 victory, awesome football and great goals and actions. :)

From time to time I can feel nostalgia when I see the stadium as I felt it last year when I visited Olympiapark, -turm and BMW Museum.

Sometimes I wish to see once again some football there, but that's not going to happen.
An epic stadium....

Shame that was left like that... (I believe that was being used for concerts etc)

Deisler... .... ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri May 15, 2020 10:01 am

ramsej84 wrote:Shame that was left like that... (I believe that was being used for concerts etc)

Yes. That day when I visited the Olympiapark, das Folksmusik Konzert was scheduled and you could notice men and women in traditional local clothes and dresses walking around the stadium before the beginning. :D
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 am

Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Fri May 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Yes while the AA is amazing, I just think there is something awe inspiring about stadiums like the Olympiastadion. I can't describe It. No roof or fancy exterior design just rows of seats in a bowl. There aren't many of such stadiums left now in Europe sadly. And the floodlights looked amazing too wish I could have seen a match there
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby MUTU » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Actually the most iconic thing about the Olympiastadion is exactly its roof, but it doesn't cover the whole stadium.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Fri May 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Yeah true but tbh I just liked the fact it was built out of earth and concrete in a massive bowl, and the lights
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Lukas wrote:Yeah true but tbh I just liked the fact it was built out of earth and concrete in a massive bowl, and the lights
What do you mean from earth and in a bowl?

That roof is amazing... for the 70s it was futuristic...
I think the allianz arena was influenced but that roof
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri May 15, 2020 1:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:Yeah true but tbh I just liked the fact it was built out of earth and concrete in a massive bowl, and the lights
What do you mean from earth and in a bowl?

That roof is amazing... for the 70s it was futuristic...
I think the allianz arena was influenced but that roof

Can’t really describe it. It’s just built into the earth isn’t it, in like a bowl shape
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I was very young when I visited the Olympiastadion but I remember going up the tower close to the stadium and enjoying the view. I have yet to visit the AA but my impression is that it’s pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The Olympiastadion’s beauty goes beyond just the stadium. The whole area is great.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri May 15, 2020 2:07 pm

It's clear that the biggest advantage is the fact that the stadium is in the middle of the city and the environment around is simply fantastic and full of possibilities, events, people and life if you exclude football. The park is simply awesome! :thumbup:

Excatly 11 months ago when I was there on top. Now look at the distance between 2 stadiums and with what exactly they are surrounded, simply can't compare them at all except in one thing which was/is the most important for football and FC Bayern. From the top of the tower nothing looks big, high, giant or far away, but it sure is. :)

Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Fri May 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Hahaha the finger in front of the lens I am always telling off my wife because she does it quite often :)

Happy memories, I was there 4 years ago. It really is a unique place.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri May 15, 2020 3:24 pm

It's because after 3 years of having a real smartphone I didn't know that I can take shots with side/volume buttons instead of pressing the circle/square on the screen. :oops: :mrgreen:
Now it's so simple and ridiculously easy when I take landscape photos while that screen button is perfect for portraits. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Fénix wrote:It's because after 3 years of having a real smartphone I didn't know that I can take shots with side/volume buttons instead of pressing the circle/square on the screen. :oops: :mrgreen:
Now it's so simple and ridiculously easy when I take landscape photos while that screen button is perfect for portraits. :)
It’s literally the opposite for me. I only use the side button for selfies. For landscape photos I have a weird one-handed way of doing it where I hold the sides of the phone with my index and little fingers, hold the back with my middle and ring fingers, and press the button with my thumb. Works especially well for landscape selfies but I use it for landscape photos in general. I don’t actively look for it but I’ve never noticed anyone else doing the same thing. Usually they hold it with two hands, which I also do at times especially if I need to be very still.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Just noticed (had forgotten) the whole village (Olympic park) has that kind of roof!

Does anyone know what material is it? It must be super hard wearing glass to keep up with the Munchen climate...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion