You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:53 pm

What do you guys think about our squad planning for the future?

Do we have a plan?

Can we replace the injury prone players with others? Can we finally start spending some money on new players?

We're looking like a P51 Mustang from the WW2 , trying to fight with the new stealth F35's, while our domestic competition do not have any planes.

After all, the problem is bigger than we think, year after year we're talking about the same things, but there is no reaction neither from the Bundesliga or our club. (I'm not putting here the Coco, James and probably the Goretzka signing, but the last one is a different story).

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 am

There's no plan, but it would be an interesting suggestion to form from Bundesliga and Ligue 1 one strong and competitive league. Let's say this would make things better... or not... :roll:

All this drama and negativity wouldn't be as big as it is right now if the Bundesliga were a far stronger competition than all these years.

Our 'plan' was to hire and sack Ancelotti after one season, bring Heynckes and keep him on board after this season. Such a wonderful plan and no... I'm not being negative while typing all this. It's just stupid that we are hostages/victims of our non-existing rivals and a true competition in Germany. 10-11 years we wanted to have our only true rival 1860 München back to the Bundesliga so we could live twice a year for something special. Over the last 8 years we wished anything to have as our competition and we had it in Klopp's Dortmund for 3-4 seasons and that's it. That balloon exploded and we got literally nothing. We look around and see only misery where all top stars are leaving the Bundesliga for English and Spanish teams, some even for Italian teams.

What can we do in these circumstances? All those modern models on the pitch want 10-15 mil € per year, play and win the CL, but they also want domestic glamour through the whole season and a quality league even though they every time mention CL as their reason and target why they joined some clubs and certainly not winning domestic titles and becoming world-class players.

We're just gonna accept our reality and do as we're doing right now. I don't see things getting dramatically better than they are right now, but on the other side it might get worse from the current situation.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 am

You need a coach to plan a squad. Higher management set the objective, speak to the coach well before the window, talk about how the coach wants to achieve the objective, figure out the players you need, identify gaps, and then plan transfers with the help of a sporting director and/or scouting system.

Pep at City and Mourinho at United are the best examples of this. Remember that infamous leaked photo of Mourinho’s drawing board with Pogba in the line up long before he was signed? That’s squad planning, whether the plan was effective is a different story.

The closest we ever got to attempting this model is with Pep and we got very close to it. Pep wanted his players, but there were some clashes (Neymar) and that’s fine. We figured it out. De Bruyne, Sterling, Sané were all wanted and we ended up with Costa. Cool. But Pep realised we can’t keep cutting corners and he jumped ship. Rummenigge was desperate for him to stay but despite a supposedly massive offer, we couldn’t offer complete alignment over transfer targets.

We did similar with van Gaal and Ancelotti but their ideas are so misaligned. Pep got along well, but his demands were deemed too extravagant.

The Goretzka signing is a double-edged sword. On one side, he’s a top top player who I’ll happily take in the team no matter what. However he was also signed during a time where no one knows what coach he’ll play for. From a footballing sense, Tolisso was already around and their profiles are the same - it feels like it’s inevitable one of them will be wasted. That’s the “typical Bayern signing” - buy anything that sounds good at a bargain, but I can’t see how much foresight went into it (i.e. planning). This is the old Bayern way, the policy that indeed brought us top players like Gomez and Neuer, but it was arguably a simpler time where you can get away with “collect as many good players as possible, have the coach do what they can, and rinse the coach when it stops working”.

It seemed that we wanted to go away from that by hiring Pep. Rummenigge and Uli also seemed keen to take him for the very long term to change our old approach but we’re not ready to change. This approach is the same as what made Barcelona buy Andre Gomes, Paco Alcacer.

I would hope Kovac is allowed to build out his squad. If something doesn’t fit, fire immediately and keep searching until we get someone like Pep who can be more aligned with our willingness to buy, to build the squad for more than 3 years. Standards have already dropped, and Kovac seems like a darling to the higher management. If the football’s not a disaster, let him stay for 5 years to give us some structure. The Pep gamble didn’t quite work, but with reduced expectation, and the hope of us realising that we need to rebuild, let’s try that gamble again.

Edit: and the higher management needs to take some sporting advise too. Didn’t want to pay Kroos the salary he deserved because they didn’t understand the value he brought (even when the coach was pass-crazy like Pep), ended up selling one of the best German players of all time for peanuts. Blunders like that need to stop.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:21 am

If Bayern doesn’t want to spent like crazy and truly believes that the football transfer inflation bubble will eventually burst (which IMO will at some point) then FFS now is the time to blood in a few youngsters into the first team.

- Bring Sanches back and send him on loan to a BL club.
- Mai and Felix should start getting at least a few sub appearances for Bayern.
- Wintzheimer gets promoted to the first team and becomes Wagner’s backup (LEWANDOSKI RAUS)
- Gnabry and Coman replace Robbery. I wanted Gnabry to stay on loan for one more season but now is the time for a new beginning.
- Fruchtl goes on loan and get to play at the highest level in any of the Top Five European leagues.
- Get in a new LB to replace Alaba.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:26 am

Bayern are threatened with a penalty by UEFA after the Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid. After the final whistle, there were at least dozens of pitch invaders. The UEFA maintains such incidents with a fine for the home club to prove. #FCBRMA [Welt]

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:28 pm

AS Roma are proposing to play a friendly vs FC Bayern on May 26th

http://m.calciomercato.com/news/organiz ... ercato.com

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu May 03, 2018 7:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:AS Roma are proposing to play a friendly vs FC Bayern on May 26th

I read the article and it doesn't say that at all. Common people are proposing it not AS Roma board members.

You got me all excited for nothing :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 am

Should play two friendlies. One with VAR and one without.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Isiah's wet dreams:
Spoiler: show

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 05, 2018 7:37 pm

My thoughts from these days...

When Bayern won the Champions League in 2013 and presented for the new season Pep Guardiola as the new coach, they were, at the time, undoubtedly the strongest and most attractive team in the world. Bayern could have brought big stars to the Säbener, only the financial bar (about 40 million at the time) for maximum expenditure prevented this.

This year, with Niko Kovac as the coach for the next season, you do not have a magnet like Guardiola on the bench under which the stars want to play. Now it's the perfect time for Bayern to spend some money (lose), but unfortunately the team is not nearly as attractive as in 2013/14.

The only thing Bayern are focusing on is the fact that the team dominated Real over two games in the Champions League semi-final. This is the best thing that we can say about our games in Europe since the 2012/13 season.

However, this impression will not last long, so right now is the right time to get stars like Griezmann, Dybala and/or Bale (or other).
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:52 pm

We’re not getting Robert but Niko Kovac...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm

#12 wrote:We’re not getting Robert but Niko Kovac...

Oh shit. Don't drink and write kids. :mrgreen:
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DerKaiser » Sat May 05, 2018 10:56 pm

As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Bayern push deeper into US and Hispanic markets via content deal with ESPN [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Alon_boy » Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:AS Roma are proposing to play a friendly vs FC Bayern on May 26th

UCL final will happen in 26th may, 2018. Friendship match not gonna happen.
Alon_boy
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion