You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:20 pm

I didn't watch it and you guys persuaded me not to press that "play" button but things like team presentations should be in German and they should hire a live interpreter like they did with Ancelotti's first PK. With so many social media sites offering live streams these days they could easily have English on Facebook (due to the international following) and German on YouTube for example.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:23 pm

I don't know any other club that makes their presentations other than in their own language...
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm sure there are others, but we shouldn't be like them. You can't just ignore Bayern's German identity. It's part of the club's culture... how many of us have tried to learn at least basic German with Bayern being the main or sole motivating factor?

Internationalisation is important and English is important in that regard but German should still be the language used. They do an excellent job translating the online site into all the languages needed in internationalisation (English, French, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Arabic) and as we move more and more towards videos the same principle should be adopted.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm

You get Germans complaining about the English when Bayern stream sth in English....
You get International fans complaining about the German when Bayern stream sth in German...

They need to find a middle ground somewhere. An interpreter is difficult and annoying for something that's live. Subtitles definitely don't work....I'm thinking more of a Eurovision thing: two hosts, one German and one English.

But most of all: don't hire self obsessed youtube hosts again, who very obviously know jack shit about Bayern. They even asked Thomas how the US tour had been. #-o
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ttoad92 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:00 pm

While a novel idea. The team presentation was the most cringe worthy thing I have ever watched. The two hosts obviously don't know how to present as they did 0 research before hand (I don't understand why they didn't just use the american guy and the blonde lady who do FCB News).

Highlights included: Asking Thomas Muller how the US tour went, calling Kimmich "Krimmish", bowing down to Alonso and awkwardly stroking his shoe, every time Hummels appeared singing "return of the Mats" to the tune of "return of the Mack", Calling Stephan Lehmann Stephan, Steven and then resorting to just calling him Steve. Asking Hummels about 5 questions about players to which he responded to all "I don't know this is my first day here", repeatedly forgetting which area the camera was cutting to and announcing the wrong area and finally the awkward flirting that occurred between the girl presenting the Fifa booth and the Main 2 presenters.

Oh and I almost forgot. Asking Carlo a question about how he was getting on learning German, and when Carlo said a very basic phrase in German having absolutely no idea what he said and having to ask Hummels to translate for them. I felt soooo bad for Mats this show must have been the worst thing he's ever had to do in his life!
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Roonzil wrote:You get Germans complaining about the English when Bayern stream sth in English....
You get International fans complaining about the German when Bayern stream sth in German...

They need to find a middle ground somewhere. An interpreter is difficult and annoying for something that's live. Subtitles definitely don't work....I'm thinking more of a Eurovision thing: two hosts, one German and one English.

But most of all: don't hire self obsessed youtube hosts again, who very obviously know jack shit about Bayern. They even asked Thomas how the US tour had been. #-o

That could be another way of going about it but it's a bit more complicated.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:05 pm

ttoad92 wrote:While a novel idea. The team presentation was the most cringe worthy thing I have ever watched. The two hosts obviously don't know how to present as they did 0 research before hand (I don't understand why they didn't just use the american guy and the blonde lady who do FCB News).

Highlights included: Asking Thomas Muller how the US tour went, calling Kimmich "Krimmish", bowing down to Alonso and awkwardly stroking his shoe, every time Hummels appeared singing "return of the Mats" to the tune of "return of the Mack", Calling Stephan Lehmann Stephan, Steven and then resorting to just calling him Steve. Asking Hummels about 5 questions about players to which he responded to all "I don't know this is my first day here", repeatedly forgetting which area the camera was cutting to and announcing the wrong area and finally the awkward flirting that occurred between the girl presenting the Fifa booth and the Main 2 presenters.

Oh and I almost forgot. Asking Carlo a question about how he was getting on learning German, and when Carlo said a very basic phrase in German having absolutely no idea what he said and having to ask Hummels to translate for them. I felt soooo bad for Mats this show must have been the worst thing he's ever had to do in his life!

Don't forget the moment where they went crazy over Carlo's eyebrow, and literally asking him how he did it...
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:25 pm

The hosting was not ok but I was happy that they did it in english else I always felt left out coz I couldn't understand anything..

Also we need fans across the world..if you stream in english it would connect with more people than german we are a big club..big clubs need big fanbases..

I am not saying they shouldn't do it in German but UYes its better if they do it in both..

Next time I would love to see nicole frolich and George Walden as somebody stated.
And yes about the german identity..I think the german fanbase is pretty loyal and won't change clubs coz their club is going global would they?
In the end its solely about growing the club..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:47 pm

The fanbase grows with success... that's all it takes.
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:09 pm

But it's true that we appreciate the option of connecting with the team in English. However there should be a choice.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Hello guys... It seems that I did not miss a thing after Reading all these posts ... By the way I was recovering form a heavy hang over. I think I am ok now...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:59 pm

They could organize special events for foreign fans...

Let AC Milan organize 100 events in English yearly, they won't gain more fans because of that, they'd only risk to lose some of their domestic fans...

Of course that it's appreciated... but there are different ways to feed foreign fans.

90%(?) of our players speak English... I'd like if they didn't cause it'd be harder to attract them to the BPL. Some didn't even learn German(Benatia, don't know about the others).

To sum up, I don't care but just saying what would be right, I was a fan of Bayern before I could speak English or German... they can do whatever they want.
JANCKER

Postby ottackon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:29 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:00 pm

this is what I call selling your soul ...
unfortunately this is not only happening in football but even in more serious and delicate matters.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:18 am

was it by any chance this kind of voice and shit ?
Don't blame you if you were all annoyed and sick after watching this Am BS
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion