You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern History & Success

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Bayern History & Success

Postby dewajack » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Can someone help me understand how Bayern over the years have been able to distance themselves from the rest of the Bundesliga in terms of capital and success? If there's a good book or essay on Bayern's rise over the decades, or the Bundesliga in general, please mention those as well.

I've been thinking a lot lately how dominant Bayern have been, especially in the last several years, and as far as I know, they've done it the old fashioned way, with hard work, intelligence, and a great business model, but I'm interested to hear from others that know more about it than I do. And admittedly I don't know much about it all. Thanks in advance.
dewajack
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Re: Bayern History & Success

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 pm

I don't really know much about it, but I think it's a mixture of luck and Hoeness. Luck in getting some magnificent young talents in the 60s/70s which put us on the international stage. Then after that Hoeness who built up the club's finances while other clubs made mistake after mistake.

More recently Bayern have also been much more successful in adapting to the new world: one of the best clubs worldwide online, offices in China and New York, and so on. This together with consistently good European showings has meant that we are still head and shoulders above the rest financially and that gap only seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Meanwhile, our domestic success in the 90s and 2000s, even when we were struggling in Europe, meant that Bayern became the club to play for in the eyes of German players. Although we're seeing more Germans moving abroad now, it's still the case that it's hard for a German player reject Bayern. This is perhaps our greatest advantage over our rivals.

In other words, it's a mixture of luck in youth development/scouting, financial power, and successfully building an aura around the club. And while all that is something to be proud of, it's also cause for concern. Our youth department hasn't really produced anyone noteworthy since Alabam Many of our transfer interests in terms talented youngsters have failed (Sanches being the worst) or never materialised at all (Sane, Jesus, Neymar) - although Kimmich is a wonderful exception in this case and hopefully we're about to land Goretzka. Our finances may ensure success in Germany, even with the rise of Leipzig, but we are increasingly unable to compete financially with our European rivals. And although our aura seems impossible to outdo in Germany - especially because many of our rivals lack success or history - it is nothing compared to the mythologisation going on in the Premier League and the status Real Madrid have recently regained with their CLs. A CL win would help us a lot in that regard.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Additionally: Munich as a factor, Olympic Stadium, ...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:10 am

dewajack wrote:If there's a good book or essay on Bayern's rise over the decades, or the Bundesliga in general, please mention those as well.

This is the book you're looking for.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
dewajack wrote:If there's a good book or essay on Bayern's rise over the decades, or the Bundesliga in general, please mention those as well.

Written by a confessed Dortmund fan. :mrgreen:

(Hesse is cool. I kinda enjoyed his column when he was active.)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:02 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Written by a confessed Dortmund fan. :mrgreen:

(Hesse is cool. I kinda enjoyed his column when he was active.)

Which is great because it isn't biased. It's pure facts. As I said, it's a must-read.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm

MUTU wrote:Which is great because it isn't biased.

"As far as I'm concerned, those years [the 30 years having Hoeness as Sporting Director prior to Nerlinger] can be neatly divided into decades. For the first ten years of Hoeness's reign, I was convinced the man was the devil incarnate, and I knew only two or three people who felt slightly differently about him (they said he was merely a pompous a**hole)."

Uli Hesse

Spoiler: show
(Guys, lower your sticks, I'm not being serious. I just want to pist off MUTU...)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:53 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Which is great because it isn't biased.

"As far as I'm concerned, those years [the 30 years having Hoeness as Sporting Director prior to Nerlinger] can be neatly divided into decades. For the first ten years of Hoeness's reign, I was convinced the man was the devil incarnate, and I knew only two or three people who felt slightly differently about him (they said he was merely a pompous a**hole)."

Uli Hesse

Spoiler: show
(Guys, lower your sticks, I'm not being serious. I just want to pist off MUTU...)

You even failed at that 8)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 pm

:lol: . In the complete article he goes on and talks about Hoeness and how he impressed him by getting to know the club he built.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 pm

May be off topic
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 5650938882

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Return to General Bayern Discussion